Overfed Or Underfed? Canna Ab

• Thread starter Thelight413
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thelight413

Thelight413

Running into some more problems here in veg, strain is cindy 99, canna coco, AB and rhyzotonic, feeding at 1.8 EC or 900ppm week 3 of veg (10ml/gal) in solo cups. I cant tell if I'm overfeeding or if she still wants more, the leafs look less than ideal and new growth is not looking good either. I have seemed to run into this problem on my last few cycles and when i throw them in flower they straighten out but something is up in the veg. I moved houses and the tap water changed from .2 to .4 EC and idk if thats whats caused the problem but i cant dial a feed here to save my life. All of my new growth on top of the plant is coming out looking weird, pics are below but let me know if you can diagnose this or have experienced this yourself.. thankyou

Last edited:
Thelight413

Thelight413

0399180.jpg

cocoJoe

cocoJoe

You've got what it looks to be pH issue. What does your run off say?[/B] Also about time to transplant.
I finish my plants in these little solo cups..
Growing in coo in small containers can create some problems.. But that is how I do it..
pH could be it!! May still be over fertilized a bit too.. On the whole they do not look bad..

Thelight413

Thelight413

Just did a thorough watering at 850 ppm at 6.1 PH, some of the runoff was a bit low (5.5-5.7) so I watered till the Ph went up for most..... on a few of my younger clones the PH was at 5.7 and I kept hitting them with the 6.1 PH but they continued to have a runoff of 5.7. Is this a problem?

I dont believe the solo cups are the issue because ive vegged in them before for longer than this, I just make sure to avoid salt buildup by watering with a lot of runoff often.

Thelight413

Thelight413

My humidity was pretty low in my room and I didnt really think it would cause much of a problem but I have upped that to 60-70% to see if it changes anything

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

looks like you need a more consistent water schedule - my plants get looks like that in coco when they're consistently wet or dry out too many times.

Migrower83

Migrower83

I had the same problem with canna a few weeks ago once I took the humidity up to 70 % they snapped back I also started adding mag amped to my feed at 5mls a gallon plants completely turned around now I'm blooming and looking 100% better

Thelight413

Thelight413

They definitely dried out and drooped two nights ago while I was away for Easter , had a buddy come water but you are right, they are looking a little rough from that so maybe not too much is wrong other than that .. I usually have the tent open and it sits around 70 degrees with low humidity but I've heard that upping the humidity could help from a few people so I have zipped it up and humidity is at 65% 80 degrees Fahrenheit , under a 4 foot 8 bulb t5

C

costa

900 ppm sounds a lot for 3 week old plants . I 'm 2 week into flower , and using just over 800 ppm . That includes approx . 685 ppm of A + B , the rest is Rhiz , Zym and Boost . Using RO water at 25 ppm . My plants are happy as Larry , praying at all times .

C

costa

Oooops , forgot to add , Included in my 800 + ppm's are 80 ppm of Canna Mono Cal. and 25 ppm of Epsom because of the use of R.O. water

Thelight413

Thelight413

I feel like adding cal or mag is just going to mess me up at some point here, I've tried using a dual product like cal mag and it didn't do any good for my scenario...I mean the water is 190 ppm' s out of the tap, I wouldn't think I would need any supplemental products like that. I'm just going to wait a few days to see the response from plants. Will new top growth eventually come out looking good if problem is fixed? ...seems like a lot of my new lower growth is healthy and nice looking while the tops that keep growing out are kinda off. I flower at 900 and the highest it gets its 1000 when I add PK Booster for a few days, plants are kept at 1200 ppm of co2, 80 degrees and they seem to be doing well, might be a little more than they need but they look good

At my last setup , I flowered around 750 ppm-850ppm and vegged at 550-600 with good results but I didn't have co2 in flower there and for some reason my plants didn't like this low of feed at my new place(maybe it was too much) so I've been doing this search to find a new feed...I didn't think I would have to change my schedule that much due to just different tap water... But I have 2 plants being fed 400 ppm, 5 plants being fed at 600 ppm and the rest being fed at 850 ppm so I'm trying to give them some time so I can differentiate between them. This is all using the .5 scale

Since upping humidity and raising temps in the veg tent last night alone, the plants look happier. More info to come as they go

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

They definitely dried out and drooped two nights ago while I was away for Easter , had a buddy come water but you are right, they are looking a little rough from that so maybe not too much is wrong other than that .. I usually have the tent open and it sits around 70 degrees with low humidity but I've heard that upping the humidity could help from a few people so I have zipped it up and humidity is at 65% 80 degrees Fahrenheit , under a 4 foot 8 bulb t5

that's definitely what did it, then. I usually feed half strength w/ runoff when my plants droop in coco, boosting your humidity will also help a great deal too.

Top Bottom