Overuse of Eagle 20 and systemics makes resistant fungi

• Thread starter Seamaiden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
monkeymun

monkeymun

Fungal spores are tough. NASA found some that can withstand the vacuum of space!

Yes, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they did have some mechanism for dormancy that protected them. However, bacterial endospores can survive temperatures >100 °C for hours. No fungal spore can withstand such heat extremes to the best of my knowledge.

Ever read about tardigrades, Ty? If not, you should. They'll blow your mind!

ttystikk

ttystikk

Google knows ALL- just looked them up on Wikipedia, damn you're not kidding! Makes you wonder if they're really an alien life form, colonizing new worlds via meteorites... it's not so far fetched, either- scientists have found hundreds of rocks from Mars literally laying around on the Earth.

Toker Ace

Toker Ace

I had way better luck using H2O2 foliar when white patches show. It's been a few years since I've seen the dreaded white patches. about the time I started using compost teas in a non-sterile room. I use non organic (Jack's), DWC. I keep a worm bucket in the flower room for insect control along with all captured spiders. I treated some infected plants with some H2O2 @ 10%. be careful. The infected areas will die and brown spots will appear where the mycellium has thoroughly digested the leaf tissue. spray with ACT but keep in mind it is herpes. If you use a sulfur burner, remove as much equipment as possible from exposure to the acidic vapor. Good luck.

Toker Ace

Toker Ace

I think one has to expose seedlings to the pathogens as when they are in the embryonic state, they are most able to learn how to deal with them.
IMHO the first breath a seedling takes is the most important and sets the stage for the plant's life. Should we as growers put more emphasis on resistant strains.

neverbreak

neverbreak

tardigrades are crazy! hardiness life on earth? i reckon so.

yeah h2o2 is good shit. toxic to fungi, kills spores, but doesn't appear to harm plants.

neverbreak

Toker Ace

Toker Ace

What sucks the most about the herpes is you can nurse a plant along but man she's sick sick sick. Yield is diminished but you don't realize how much.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I had way better luck using H2O2 foliar when white patches show. It's been a few years since I've seen the dreaded white patches. about the time I started using compost teas in a non-sterile room. I use non organic (Jack's), DWC. I keep a worm bucket in the flower room for insect control along with all captured spiders. I treated some infected plants with some H2O2 @ 10%. be careful. The infected areas will die and brown spots will appear where the mycellium has thoroughly digested the leaf tissue. spray with ACT but keep in mind it is herpes. If you use a sulfur burner, remove as much equipment as possible from exposure to the acidic vapor. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice. Just had an unwelcome stowaway make its presence known in my recent arrivals... will use H²O² now and see if the clonelet yet survives.

neverbreak

neverbreak

Speaking of crazy alien bacterias has anyone heard about the red rain in india (not sure if it was there or somewhere else)
But they found life forms that have nuclear cell walls or someshit inside the rain.
Not to go too off-topic just thought it was interesting

http://thewatchers.adorraeli.com/2012/11/18/sri-lanka-red-rain-mistery-solved/http://thewatchers.adorraeli.com/2012/11/18/sri-lanka-red-rain-mistery-solved/

it's not unusual for microbes to be swept out into cloud, only to then precipitate later. can happen to even larger organisms like small vertebrates id the wind is sufficiently strong.

red rain is kinda freaky tho! cool article.

neverbreak

B

Burned Haze

^
Never used H202 ONTOP of plants, always used it as a purge on my FLO N Gro & thats before i put anything in ( in plant systems or brew 5ml).
My question is that if it's a diff brand of H202 ( mine says 29 or 35% h202)
What is THE ML-Per -Gallon's???????? (googled, asked around already :( !)

Help
&

Thanks
-BH

thump easy

thump easy

i use harpins potein i think it is and eagle 20 if i have any problem but i realy never have problems i clean my sealed room take the squirt cage out of the split and hose it down with physon and the radiator that the dehumidifier has because some nasty shit grows in their but back in the day when multiple places are going it can be hard to keep up, but narowed down to a small spot its almost crazzy not to pay attention it can cost alot of money to be lazzy, this growing thing is anything but easy one fuck up and its all garbage.. anyways thats my two cents try that harkins protien.. i think it is its some bomb ass shit.!!!!! i also spray physon the plants they seem to love that shit and ozonater helps to and a hepa filter too over my cam filter..

Latest posts

Top Bottom