Overwatered? Or something else? First grow

• Thread starter IndicaPizza
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
IndicaPizza

IndicaPizza

My little seedling was doing great until halfway thru the way yesterday when I noticed some yellowing of the leafs. It was started in a pellet, so i was given the advice to carefully remove it and cut the netting around it. I did this last night, carefully replanted it, and used a pencil to poke some holes in the soil around it so it would perhaps dry out as it suspect it was accidentally overwater by me! Ahhh. Or is it something else? My first grow. This is what she looks like this morning. If anything I’m glad I have more seeds in the mail it was definitely a learning experience lol

Overwatered or something else first grow
Overwatered or something else first grow 2
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Imo you need to wet the entire media. Looks like to much light also. Never seen roots have issues growing through that netting.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’m growing outdoors, it’s in a greenhouse
Ok makes sense maybe a semi shade spot will help but not needed.

The bigger issue looks to me like that soil is bone dry. The tap root grows straight to the bottom then spreads out. If the media is dry the roots won't grow into and you will have issues.

IndicaPizza

IndicaPizza

Ok makes sense maybe a semi shade spot will help but not needed.

The bigger issue looks to me like that soil is bone dry. The tap root grows straight to the bottom then spreads out. If the media is dry the roots won't grow into and you will have issues.
I’ll give it a little RO, it’s not as dry as it looks it does have a tiny tiny amount of moisture but I was trying to dry it out bc I thought it was overwatered

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’ll give it a little RO, it’s not as dry as it looks it does have a tiny tiny amount of moisture but I was trying to dry it out bc I thought it was overwatered
Water it until the entire media is wet... the tap root is shallow at this point your not going to over water it as the roots will be nowhere close to the perched water table/saturation zone.

Top Bottom