Overwatering or root rot in flower tell me what I should do

• Thread starter GardenWeasel77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Observationist

Observationist

Im already in flower though. I'm worried transplanting now could hurt them. And they're in fabric so I know they're not root bound.

Still think I should transplant?

If I do should I cut roots back?
leave it then.

just adequately feed and water, but not too much like you have lol......

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Its also possible that you packed your soil a bit too tight that happened to me a handful of times in the beginning years. Sometimes if you accidentally pack it too tight what happens is it squeezes out all the air pockets in the soil. So then if you accidentally overwater on top of that it is like a double negative a recipe for oxygen issues. You gotta use a nice medium hand when packing the soil not too loose or else it dries out too fast, also not too tight or else it takes forever to dry out. A medium soil pack preferably in fabric (although plastic can still work) and then make sure you let it dry out all the way in between the waterings. This way it allows the pockets in the soil to fill back up with air and oxygen before you water them again.

growsince79

growsince79

But seriously they will be bone dry by tomorrow but still look like crap. They are in 1 gallon fabric pots and haven't been watered since the 31st. I thought they would start looking better by today. But your saying no on the hydroguard just wait it out?
Something is wrong; probably root rot. Plants that size in 1 gallon bags should be needing water every 1-2 days. You're not too far into flower to save them. I'd transplant and go back to 18 for a week.

2Bad

2Bad

Ok so as long as theres no pistils your technically not flowering yet.. If you lift them and they are weightless then they are dry.. the next question I have for you is Upload Videoshow far is your light and what percent is it set at and whens the last time you adjusted?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok day 4 and is the bag really light weight?
when i zoom up to see your soil surface it looks to have wet patches?
what do you feed them and how much?

growsince79

growsince79

How much light are they getting? 4 days no water they should be dead, unless the light is 3' high on 20%.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
i just wanna know if he overwatered by mistake a few times, at what level did you water them?
The fabric pot is somewhat moist from the looks of it, but not to a point that he leafs would be droopy like this? So, correct me if im wrong but if the soil is locked. I dnt know if he knows his ppm/ph of soil but that's just my thought

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i just wanna know if he overwatered by mistake a few times, at what level did you water them?
The fabric pot is somewhat moist from the looks of it, but not to a point that he leafs would be droopy like this? So, correct me if im wrong but if the soil is locked. I dnt know if he knows his ppm/ph of soil but that's just my thought
ya, you see the leaf stems they are not limp looking, but more stiff with a curled down leaf, with bloated looks to them, classic signs of over watering.,
but we need some info from the grower..

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Still think I should transplant?

If I do should I cut roots back?
Evaluate the roots and if they look bad or are a little funky, dont feel nervous about cutting a little off the bottom and sides. Roots grow back quick! Just don't bombard them with light for a day or two.

Top Bottom