Overwatering or root rot in flower tell me what I should do

• Thread starter GardenWeasel77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

Over watering or root rot.

I'm on day one of my third week of flower. On the 31st two of my plants, both the same strain, began to show signs of overwatering.

I watered on the 28th of last month, then again on the 29th, (by mistake) and then again on the 31st (also by mistake.)

Well anyway now it's the the 3rd. My plants are definitely experiencing stress from over watering or it could be root rot.

My pots are drying out and I'm not going to water again till tomorrow. When I do I'm only going to water about half of what I normally would.

So here comes the question.

One, will these plants recover at all. Bare in mind I'm in the third week of flower.

Secondly, should I get some type of root zone inoculant like hydroguard to combat any type of root rat that may be occurring.

Sorry for the long and wordy post but I'm just trying to figure out the best way to handle this problem so that I can finish this run the best way possible.

Thank you

Overwatering or root rot in flower tell me what i should do
Overwatering or root rot in flower tell me what i should do 2
Overwatering or root rot in flower tell me what i should do 3
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter

I'm on day one of my third week of flower. On the 31st two of my plants, both the same strain, began to show signs of overwatering.

I watered on the 28th of last month, then again on the 29th, (by mistake) and then again on the 31st (also by mistake.)

Well anyway now it's the the 3rd. My plants are definitely experiencing stress from over watering or it could be root rot.

My pots are drying out and I'm not going to water again till tomorrow. When I do I'm only going to water about half of what I normally would.

One, will these plants recover at all. Bare in mind I'm in the third week of flower.

Secondly, should I get some type of root zone inoculant like hydroguard to combat any type of root rat that may be occurring.

Sorry for the long and wordy post but I'm just trying to figure out the best way to handle this problem so that I can finish this run the best way possible.

Thank you
3 times by mistake and than you said you’ll water again in a couple days again? geezus.,
no just point the fan towards the bags and don’t water again for like 4/5 days., raise your light close to 10 inches more until they are looking better/happy..

growsince79

growsince79

Thank you
Watering half the soil will make it worse. Wait until they need water and do the whole thing.

GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

3 times by mistake and than you said you’ll water again in a couple days again? geezus.,
no just point the fan towards the bags and don’t water again for like 4/5 days., raise your light close to 10 inches more until they are looking better/happy..
But seriously they will be bone dry by tomorrow but still look like crap. They are in 1 gallon fabric pots and haven't been watered since the 31st. I thought they would start looking better by today. But your saying no on the hydroguard just wait it out?

Solarscar

Solarscar

Patience is a virtue. I have had stressful times where all I want to do is water in nutes or flush so I do know the struggle to not be a hover plant-parent. 🥳.

let them roots get some air and oxygen and wait a day or two longer to water/water-feed.

they look pretty good for the most part.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
like @growsince79 mentioned, don't water half way, you water to all the way so you get drips. Than you wait until the bottom of the fabric pot is 20% moist. That's when you water again to drain.
Even if you stick your finger in the dirt and its not wet or moist. DON"T WATER

GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

I think you have root problems and the best thing you can do is transplant to bigger containers and start proper watering. Microbes and enzymes might help.
Hmm... You think I should transplant?

Anyone else wanna weigh in on that one?

elduderito

elduderito

yes definitely transplant - at least 3 gallon - 5 gallon if possible! Next time veg in plastic containers - makes for easier transplanting

2Bad

2Bad

At what point in the light cycle did you take the picture/ checking in on them

Edit: if this is an overwatering issue transplanting isnt the answer ...letting it dry is the answer.. but read the first part of my comment again.

Last edited:
PK1

PK1

Supporter
yes definitely transplant - at least 3 gallon - 5 gallon if possible! Next time veg in plastic containers - makes for easier transplanting
if you think plastic containers are better than fabric pots then you got no clue what you are saying. Keep your suggestions to yourself.
@GardenWeasel77 let that soil dry a bit and transplant. Nothing difficult from transplanting from a fabric pot.

Last edited by a moderator:
GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

At what point in the light cycle did you take the picture/ checking in on them

Edit: if this is an overwatering issue transplanting isnt the answer ...letting it dry is the answer.. but read the first part of my comment again.
I think that was in the morning but they look that throughout the day.

elduderito

elduderito

if you think plastic containers are better than fabric pots then you got no clue what you are saying. Keep your suggestions to yourself.
@GardenWeasel77 let that soil dry a bit and transplant. Nothing difficult from transplanting from a fabric pot. unless you are a broken noob like Elduderito
in the words of the dude - "that's just your opinion dude" -

I think plastic containers make for easier transplants - I didn't say they are better, I keep mothers in fabric pots and flower in fabric pots --- you don't have to be so dismissive just because you have a different opinion -- I've vegged in both 1gallon fabric and plastic and prefer using the plastic for ease of transplant and for checking on root development ...

GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

Im already in flower though. I'm worried transplanting now could hurt them. And they're in fabric so I know they're not root bound.

Still think I should transplant?

If I do should I cut roots back?

Top Bottom