Overwatering or root rot in flower tell me what I should do

• Thread starter GardenWeasel77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Solarscar

Solarscar

Plants drying out and still droopy. Are your plants not growing much at all? Did you try fixing problems before letting the pots dry out? I have had a plant that looked similar. It was locked out bad. Didn’t die for sometime and just simply stopped growing….. when plucking fan leaves, they were very rubbery, didn’t have that snap to them while taking some off.

GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

Ok so as long as theres no pistils your technically not flowering yet.. If you lift them and they are weightless then they are dry.. the next question I have for you is Upload Videoshow far is your light and what percent is it set at and whens the last time you adjusted?
The light is I think maybe around 20 inches away and it's set to 55% right now. I had it set to 75% but I cranked it down to help my plants recover a little bit. I did end up watering them yesterday and they do look better now so I guess it was a root problem or the other thing I'm thinking is possibly nutrient deficiency but I don't really know they look a little better and I guess they'll make it through but it's not going to be a great run.

Last edited:
GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

ok day 4 and is the bag really light weight?
when i zoom up to see your soil surface it looks to have wet patches?
what do you feed them and how much?
I did end up feeding them last night. I mean they were super dry I stuck a meter probe all the way to the bottom and it was reading dry so I gave them a watering and a feeding. They do look a little better today I mean they definitely don't look the best but I clip some of the dead fan leaves and I think it'll be okay but obviously I'm not super happy. Thanks for all the advice đź‘Ť

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I did end up feeding them last night. I mean they were super dry I stuck a meter probe all the way to the bottom and it was reading dry so I gave them a watering and a feeding. They do look a little better today I mean they definitely don't look the best but I clip some of the dead fan leaves and I think it'll be okay but obviously I'm not super happy. Thanks for all the advice đź‘Ť
keep us posted!
things take time to change..

WhatsHeDoingToday

WhatsHeDoingToday

Hope they are doing better over the weekend. Just curious what your air temperature has been around the leaf tops when your lights were at 75%? I didn't see fans blowing over the tops and was wondering if they could have been experiencing a bout of heat stress?

GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

Hope they are doing better over the weekend. Just curious what your air temperature has been around the leaf tops when your lights were at 75%? I didn't see fans blowing over the tops and was wondering if they could have been experiencing a bout of heat stress?
Hey! Great question. My leaf temps hover around 77-84 F depending on light intensity and the temp of my lung room.

I'd say at 75% with a room temp of 74 probably 79 F. I do have a fan running đź‘Ť

WhatsHeDoingToday

WhatsHeDoingToday

Ok, anything over 81 degrees can become a problem on the leaf temp... 84 degrees in the room is pretty high. I have heard that if running C02 in the right PPM level you are at the top of the margin however, its right on the borderline. I have a temp and humidity meter that also does the last 24 hrs so i take a glance at it and a few times the room became a little too warm and the temp/humidity device recorded it. Also, I noticed the plants were drooping and some of the leaves were noticeably affected.. It happened during my current grow before I went into flower... I would show you a pic but I just defoliated and lollipooped so those leaves were part of the stuff I just tossed out. I have a freonic portabe ac unit in the room to keep that from happening but I cant believe I had turned it off the night before and was about to drain it and forgot to push the power button and resume it back on. What a mistake... however it did only creep up to 84 degrees for part of one full day. and yes the plants were affected by the heat stress. Since then I have been diligent on room temps but still make mistakes. For instance I forgot to turn the lights back on for 12 hrs in one of my tents... arghhh so frustrating when I forget something so simple yet so important. Your room temp of 74 quite comfortable... Good luck with your grow...

GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

Ok, anything over 81 degrees can become a problem on the leaf temp... 84 degrees in the room is pretty high. I have heard that if running C02 in the right PPM level you are at the top of the margin however, its right on the borderline. I have a temp and humidity meter that also does the last 24 hrs so i take a glance at it and a few times the room became a little too warm and the temp/humidity device recorded it. Also, I noticed the plants were drooping and some of the leaves were noticeably affected.. It happened during my current grow before I went into flower... I would show you a pic but I just defoliated and lollipooped so those leaves were part of the stuff I just tossed out. I have a freonic portabe ac unit in the room to keep that from happening but I cant believe I had turned it off the night before and was about to drain it and forgot to push the power button and resume it back on. What a mistake... however it did only creep up to 84 degrees for part of one full day. and yes the plants were affected by the heat stress. Since then I have been diligent on room temps but still make mistakes. For instance I forgot to turn the lights back on for 12 hrs in one of my .tents... arghhh so frustrating when I forgt something so simple yet so important. Your room temp of 74 quite comfortable... Good luck with your grow...
Get a time for your light. They sell on Amazon for like ten bucks.

R

rolandrog

if you think plastic containers are better than fabric pots then you got no clue what you are saying. Keep your suggestions to yourself.
@GardenWeasel77 let that soil dry a bit and transplant. Nothing difficult from transplanting from a fabric pot.
LOL, especially for a person who over-waters. rofl

Reactions: PK1
WhatsHeDoingToday

WhatsHeDoingToday

Good advice. I bought 2 Timers... Model #TM-074 Manaufacured for Grainger. I will let you know how they work out. I had manual timers from Harbor Freight and they were so off that I had to stop using them... Im talking over 2 hours a day off...So hoping these digital ones are more accurate...

Latest posts

Top Bottom