Overwatering or simply bad seed (genetics)?

• Thread starter Ellz10
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ellz10

Ellz10

Popped 3 of these Panama Pupil V3s and they all took off and started out great. Bout 2 weeks ago, 2 of the 3 started to develop a tip down curl and rugged look. All 3 plants have been treated the exact same in terms of amount of water, light, ect. Anyone have any insight as to what might be the problem? Maybe try a foiler spray? I'm thinking maybe I over watered, but then why would one of the 3 be perfectly fine? They're all in 1 gal pots, 315w CHM, pH'd water at 6.5, all organic.

Overwatering or simply bad seed genetics
Overwatering or simply bad seed genetics 2
Overwatering or simply bad seed genetics 3
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I could be wrong but my impression is over-watering, see this dark area, and there's others

How often & how much are you watering?
20200319 163504

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Along with watering, how much/what are you feeding them? Have you spraye or treated them with anything?

Ellz10

Ellz10

I could be wrong but my impression is over-watering, see this dark area, and there's others

How often & how much are you watering?View attachment 952025

Once every 3-4 days once the pot is dry when I lift it. First time running this strain and its understood that the Pupil genetic line enjoys a good drying out in between waterings. I do believe my problem may lie in the fact that I mistakenly transplanted into soil that is DNC mixed with worm castings (for water retention). I have a huge tote of it for when I transplant other strains into 3+ gal pots. I didnt have my head on right, obviously, when I transplanted them using this soil. It's curious though that the 3rd plant isnt displaying the same symptoms.

I used just water and soil, that's it.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Once every 3-4 days once the pot is dry when I lift it. First time running this strain and its understood that the Pupil genetic line enjoys a good drying out in between waterings. I do believe my problem may lie in the fact that I mistakenly transplanted into soil that is DNC mixed with worm castings (for water retention). I have a huge tote of it for when I transplant other strains into 3+ gal pots. I didnt have my head on right, obviously, when I transplanted them using this soil. It's curious though that the 3rd plant isnt displaying the same symptoms.

I used just water and soil, that's it.
Could be a reason, maybe it wasn't mixed as much maybe there's more perlite in the third plant; but to my eye it looks like overwatering, also when a plant is that young and hasn't really been in the pot that long, to see the perlite that off-brownish color can also indicate over-watering, good luck!

Ellz10

Ellz10

Could be a reason, maybe it wasn't mixed as much maybe there's more perlite in the third plant; but to my eye it looks like overwatering, also when a plant is that young and hasn't really been in the pot that long, to see the perlite that off-brownish color can also indicate over-watering, good luck!

I'm thinking you're right. Thank you for your input and advice!

Top Bottom