Oxygen Absorbers for Storage

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dorjewright

dorjewright

I've noticed a steady loss of color in buds stored in glass jars. I assume its from the action of oxygen. ANyone tried oxygen absorbers? I just started using 62%humidipaks during the curing process then though of adding the absorbers after about 6 weeks.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I don't know a thing about them but would love to learn more. Where'd you get those packs?

dorjewright

dorjewright

I don't know a thing about them but would love to learn more. Where'd you get those packs?
I found them at amazon search for humidipak 62% and oxygen absorbers. The latter I haven't ordered yet. Also on the cigar hygroms; not particularly happy with the calabar 111; I think the little round one with the adjustment seems better and can bee calibrated by slipping it into a humidipak.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

i use o2 absorbers in seed and hash jars (the indv seedpacks have rice). curious about your results if you try with flowers.

i think you're right, maybe they should wait til buds are cured and ethylene is all gone, then in just for longer-term storage?

dorjewright

dorjewright

i use o2 absorbers in seed and hash jars (the indv seedpacks have rice). curious about your results if you try with flowers.

i think you're right, maybe they should wait til buds are cured and ethylene is all gone, then in just for longer-term storage?

Ethylene: tell me more please. Could that be the slightly odd smell when I open jars that have been closed for a while after curing?

W

WeedSmokingAnimal

Isn't the color change from the chlorophyll breaking down in the buds and a good thing? Interested to see what those packs do for you.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Ethylene: tell me more please. Could that be the slightly odd smell when I open jars that have been closed for a while after curing?
yes, i think so. the not quite grassy but still shouldve burped more/longer smell. similar growroom odor during senescence.

E

eircsmith

I've noticed a steady loss of color in buds stored in glass jars. I assume its from the action of oxygen. ANyone tried oxygen absorbers? I just started using 62%humidipaks during the curing process then though of adding the absorbers after about 6 weeks.

Oxygen absorbers are excellent for cannabis bud storage. Oxygen absorber contains iron-oxide and it removes oxygen. I used in vacuumed jars which help to keep the bud fresh.

safehemp

safehemp

Have you tried ethylene absorbers? I think combining those with O2 absorbers is going to be the ticket.... its just timing them. Shoot me a PM if you are still on these boards!

Latest posts

Top Bottom