Oxygen Pot Grow

• Thread starter Nwest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nwest

Nwest

I have 2 12 site oxygen pot systems I plan on using one in a 5x10 grow tent with (2) 1000 watts radiant 8 air cooled reflectors and a hydro farm 750 cfm fan and the other system in a 5x5 grow tent with either 2 T5s or one 600 watt cool tube i need advice on a watering schedule and veg time I plan on using hydroton as my growing medium and H&G nutes but am open to any and all advice this is my first hydro grow and I want to do it right

Equipment I have
(2) 1000 watts phantom digital ballasts with radiant 8 hoods
(1) 5x10 tent
(1) 5x5 tent
(1) 750 cfm inline fan
(1) 1500 btu ac
(2) 12 site oxygen pot systems
(1) hydro farm 8 bulb T5
Strains are critical kush, atomic bomb,and 818 headband

Thank you for your time

Last edited:
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
sounds like a plan

oxygen pots - those use smart pot type liner to hold the hydroton?

I havent messed with ebb/flow in forever and my setup was just flooding trays - honestly cant rem how often I flooded - I know top fed babys until they had good roots to get them started - hopefully some e/f guys will be more help

though if you dont have a ph and ppm meter you will want those items for sure

Last edited:
mojavegreen

mojavegreen

1st thing is elevate those pots a bit.
I think I flooded every 3 hours lights on with clay pebbles. I'm flooding every 2 with grow stones. Lights off they get 2 floods. That's in flower. In veg I would probably do every 4 hours.

Nwest

Nwest

Awesome thank you guys, and yes it's just a fabric pot to hold the medium only reason I picked this system is I thought it would be much easier to move plants from veg to flower I forgot to mention a ppm meter and ph pen. Do the grow rocks have all the red dust like the the hydroton and what about about veg time I I know it's hard to say and depends a lot on strain but do plants stretch a lot more during flower when using hydro

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
thx @mojavegreen - I was thinking in veg I flooded every 4 - in flower every 2 and also twice when lights off

I def remember top feeding by hand a few times after transplant helping them get established

when those buckets drain do the drain completely or do they hold a few inches of water?

Nwest

Nwest

They drain completly I will def be hand watering thank you for the heads up I will be setting up the system this weekend but they claim all the excess water drains completly out

Nwest

Nwest

And as far as veg should I just grab another T5 or get a 600 watt cooltube or smaller it's just a 5x5 tent

mojavegreen

mojavegreen

They drain completly I will def be hand watering thank you for the heads up I will be setting up the system this weekend but they claim all the excess water drains completly out
They won't drain completely without elevation. I like the system though.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I know this thread is over a year old, but would love to see some grow pics of the Oxygen Pot grow. Whatever happened to this grow log??

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I think Illeagle had a thread using them somewhere on here,might be in the veg and bloom thread.

Top Bottom