Oxygen Pot Systems Help, Green Tree Hydroponics 6 Site Recirculating System

• Thread starter KautzmanKush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KautzmanKush

KautzmanKush

Hi I am a first time grower and I had made a completely automated grow tent. I am trying to figure out how to use Oxygen pot systems because I bought the 6 flow site green tree hydroponics recirculating hydroponic system. From what I know the roots have to be half way in the water as but what if the roots have barely left the rockwool? am i supposed to guess where the roots are in the hydroton and figure out half way to set the water. How to I give the roots water? Do I leave them in water in the buckets like a normal hydroponic system with a bubbler or do I have cycles every 15 minutes constantly letting the roots breath oxygen then flooding for 15 min in the hydroton. Please let me know, almost nobody knows anything about these systems and could really use the help.

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

Submerging the roots 1/2 isn’t necessary. As long as the roots can get enough water to keep the seeding going you’ll be good. Be careful the rockwool doesn’t get too wet. It has a tendency to hold too much water.

Anthem

Anthem

Hi I am a first time grower and I had made a completely automated grow tent. I am trying to figure out how to use Oxygen pot systems because I bought the 6 flow site green tree hydroponics recirculating hydroponic system. From what I know the roots have to be half way in the water as but what if the roots have barely left the rockwool? am i supposed to guess where the roots are in the hydroton and figure out half way to set the water. How to I give the roots water? Do I leave them in water in the buckets like a normal hydroponic system with a bubbler or do I have cycles every 15 minutes constantly letting the roots breath oxygen then flooding for 15 min in the hydroton. Please let me know, almost nobody knows anything about these systems and could really use the help.
Are you talking about the blue bucket Green Tree system?

Xebediah

Xebediah

Do you have pictures to show what you're talking about? Can you just water it from the top until the roots reach the water?

KautzmanKush

KautzmanKush

Do you have pictures to show what you're talking about? Can you just water it from the top until the roots reach the water?
Ya! This is the picture!
Screen Shot 2021 04 03 at 44842 PM

KautzmanKush

KautzmanKush

Submerging the roots 1/2 isn’t necessary. As long as the roots can get enough water to keep the seeding going you’ll be good. Be careful the rockwool doesn’t get too wet. It has a tendency to hold too much water.
Do you know where I should look to keep the levels of the water and how often I should run the drain and fill cycles?

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

I had a similar system a years ago. I had the nutrient solution come up to about 4-6” below the top of the hydroton. You want it low enough not to saturate whatever the seed is planted in. The system flooded for 15 min every hour.

KautzmanKush

KautzmanKush

I had a similar system a years ago. I had the nutrient solution come up to about 4-6” below the top of the hydroton. You want it low enough not to saturate whatever the seed is planted in. The system flooded for 15 min every hour.
then they went without water for 45 minutes? would that kill the plants?

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

There’s enough water in the hydroton for them. I’m doing bare root flood and drain right now with 10 min flood and 30 min drained cycles. Giving the roots enough air is the big advantage to flood and drain systems, it keeps root pathogens from getting established that could thrive in dwc or nft systems

KautzmanKush

KautzmanKush

There’s enough water in the hydroton for them. I’m doing bare root flood and drain right now with 10 min flood and 30 min drained cycles. Giving the roots enough air is the big advantage to flood and drain systems, it keeps root pathogens from getting established that could thrive in dwc or nft systems
You're awesome thank you so much not even the own company has been able to help me with this.

KautzmanKush

KautzmanKush

Awesome how long is each tic on the non-digital timer?

freezeland2

freezeland2

I have a ebb & flow like that. I ran it 15 minutes every 6 hours. Mine floods to about an inch below the top of the hydroton. I germinate outside the system. When the tap root is 1/2” long or so I put it in a grow cube and place it in the hydroton just until the bottom of the grow cube reaches where flood level is. I also put a dark paper plate with a hole cut in the center on top of the hydroton to keep light out of it. Sounds to me like your system is not filling the pots enough.

Anthem

Anthem

Awesome how long is each tic on the non-digital timer?
TBH the height to mount the plants in the smaller bucket and the ticks on the timer are all covered in the instructions that come with the greentree system. If you have lost the instructions you can find them online under the Greentree hydroponic website. Everything is covered in the instructions.

Top Bottom