Ozone generator recommendations

• Thread starter Pog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pog

Pog

Hey guy, I'm currently trying to find a way to reduce smell from my plants while flowering. At the moment I run my exhaust fan pulling ar through through a carbon filter, before passing through my hood and out the window. I can't find any leaks yet the smell from my plants is still apparent when near the outlet.

A buddy of mine suggested I look into ozone generators as they can apparently cut smell. I don't really know anything about them, never used one before and only just started reading up on them.

What do you guys recommend I should do/get?

thanks in advance.

DO IT

DO IT

i run a bunch of 12 in uvon air 3 cell units. smells clean when i walk in my warehouse.

Pog

Pog

Thanks dudes, I will look into those ones. Do you have issues with ozone smell?

T

toquer

Yes! I hate smelling and breathing ozone. I've got asthma and can feel it immediately. If the device is on in the room I go out. It cycles fifteen on thirty off in my flower room. Controls all odor. In the warehouse it blows constantly above to the vents allowing for odorless air to escapee the building.

If you can smell and taste it, it is too strong and is hurting your plants, your lungs, eyes, sinus', etc...

Pog

Pog

Yea, that's one of my concerns with it. I've read it is very toxic and that it can even damage your plants. How do you control it so that not too much is produced? Just timer?

T

toquer

Today we noticed some ozone damage on two leaves. Turned from five bulbs to four bulbs on the unit.
Excess will cause damage no doubt. It's a very powerful oxidizing agent.

seaslug

seaslug

I bought Big Blue to go in the ducts in my attic but the thought of nitric acid up there (and more involved installation than a can filter) made me uneasy. I think the ceramic ozone units are more prone to forming nitric acid but maybe just because they can be so powerful.

I took a snort off my CAP wall unit when I first got it--pretty nasty sinus headache.

My motivation for buying ozone happened when the hydro wholesalers removed all odor control from the grow shops in WA state a while back.

FireWithin

FireWithin

There r 4 sure strains out there that max oder management-but can still be dominated. U never want the growroom air to have any contact with the o3. A large baffle box downline of carbon scrubbers is added peace of mind, long as the o3 has time to reasonably mix. Good Mountain air filter / diy carbon scrubber should b enough. But 4 those large spaces, where negative presure is always natural, small as it may be-corona dischardge o3 gens r the answer if its hot the kithchen...... used corrrectly.

FireWithin

FireWithin

4got say dont f,n breath that stuff bros & sisstas-u want only to treat the effluent...

Pog

Pog

Funny how we all require oxygen to breathe, but add another molecule to make ozone and it become deadly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom