As Designed Pages loading slow

• Thread starter Junkbarman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Junkbarman

Junkbarman

Banned
seems like every page i click on takes awhile to load, loads very slow in compared to other website forums.

sometimes it loads a blank white screen.

T

TECK

Let us know more about your OS, browser, Internet speed etc. Have you tried downloading the latest version of Google Chrome or Firefox? THCFarmer works best with them, through SSL.

green punk

green punk

Im experiencing the same thing. For about the last week. I have the highest speed cable connection, using latest version of chrome and Firefox. Seems Firefox might work a little better. It has been directing to this. https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/ literally 50 % of the time. I click whats new. After two tries, I get to the new threads. Click on a thread to read new posts back to https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/

Please help

T

TECK

Im experiencing the same thing. For about the last week. I have the highest speed cable connection, using latest version of chrome and Firefox.
Video showing how fast the pages load through an average 6Mbit (not MB) connection:
(click on YouTube logo and watch the video in HD)

Using Chrome 19.0.1084.46, I tried to click fast on the links... but I'm not used to. :)
I am located on the opposite side of the planet, compared to the actual server location.
So we cannot say I'm close and that's why it works fast for me...

Also, read about the technology used at the farm.

green punk

green punk

Thanks man. That video is crazy fast. Shit. Its obviously my machine.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i dont know i tried on a few computors now but this new site is very slow when i can even get it to open. i'm sure people can see if traffic slowed down. but the site dosent always come up for the 1st 2 moenths i thought the site was down. and wehn it deos load its very slow but it takes me 3x's. to even get it to pop up. if its not then it must be because i dotn use google chrome?

green punk

green punk

Im with you. I made a comment a week or so ago. Teck made this cool video of teck surfing the site with no prob. I thought it was my machine. I have realized when I'm logged in things respond about 200% slower if not even more so. When i am just reading posts un logged shits like lightning fast. Not sure whats up. Thanks, glad im not the only one. Plus I get redirected to blank screens time and time again (2 out of 3 when logged in). I feel very discouraged. I really like this site. But... When clicking to "like" something and getting a blank screen or server failure is interesting. Is anyone else experiencing similar symptoms.

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

this happened to me....only when logged in...pm'd a mod...pretty sure it was because I made a comment about not liking the new layout......fwiw.

southstreets

southstreets

They do recommend using a google search engine for better results.. I think it was google chrome..

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
With the newest version of google chrome or any other modern web browser there is no issues.
The site is SUPER fast :) so go and install the latest google chrome if you havent already :)

TortureKill

TortureKill

Tex, I run Google Chrome, and Its just as fast as any other site. I would recommend downloading this Chrome Browser if you want faster page loads. However, With google recent change in policy and speak of privacy intrusion, maybe google isnt the best choice.

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

With the newest version of google chrome or any other modern web browser there is no issues.
The site is SUPER fast :) so go and install the latest google chrome if you havent already :)

Still use firefox...and my mac is def clean...the problem is resolved for me either way, I was just sharing my resolution, as it seems lots of people are having a similar issue that has nothing to do with browser or otherwise...just saying...later

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
It may be your service provider. Iv hear around the web that AT&T users are getting blocked out of some sites and having problems loading certain data. A lot of which are canna sites. Not saying this is the case for everyone.....just throwing out some info that iv read around. I use Comcast and I haven't had any issues at all with this sites speed. I use my desktop computer, my laptop, my droid pheno, and my iPad and don't have speed problems with any of them and they all use different web browsers~Smf~

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
this site worked fine for me before. now it dosent. somedays i can get on somedays i cant. my browser works fine on other sites. My comp is very old, but i also tried it on other machines none had google chrome though. i got like 400.00 worth of gift cards to best buy, just been lazy. ill be getting a new comp soon.

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
Do work twist....the farm needs ya around :)

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Not slow for me except for pics. Those are pretty annoying. I know it's been said that the reason is that all the pics load first, but that doesn't explain why a single pic takes so long to load and open. There's obviously a problem w/ that bit. Maybe javascript libraries downloading but not staying cached?

waayne

waayne

Darth check your comp, I just uploaded a pic and it took less than 4 seconds to upload.........

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Darth check your comp, I just uploaded a pic and it took less than 4 seconds to upload.........

Thx waayne but upload is fine. I meant when someone attaches a single photo to a post and you click to view it. It still takes 20 to load & display. There is no other site I know of that is even nearly this slow to display a single pic. Not sure what's being used, but I'd check out some diff jQuery photo gallery plug-ins. It's really the only thing about the new site that I don't like.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
that happens to me also. like you get that slide show if you click on a pic but only 1 pic will load and you can see the rest. ill try waiting a bit and see if thats what it is. i tried it on my android tablet and the site seems to work fine. i havent tried any of the pics on the tablet but the rest of the sight seems to move like it did before.

T

TECK

this site worked fine for me before. now it dosent. somedays i can get on somedays i cant. my browser works fine on other sites. My comp is very old, but i also tried it on other machines none had google chrome though. i got like 400.00 worth of gift cards to best buy, just been lazy. ill be getting a new comp soon.
Please read the announcement I made. :)
Teck made this cool video of teck surfing the site with no prob.
The video I posted earlier uses an internal THCUser member that has the same privileges/settings as any registered farmer. I did this in purpose so I emulate the exact conditions a normal member would encounter if they browse the farm. I tested the site on several setups (Windows 7, CentOS, Fedora, Ubuntu, Mac) and every time my tests were blazing fast while using the recommended browsers. Yes, I have 5 computers to develop and test server related stuff. Also, a test does not involves opening the site in a browser, but performing extensive server stress tests that emulate over 30,000 online users browsing the farm while I click on links. :)

As technology evolves, it is recommended to upgrade your computer if you want to enjoy new features and an have everything snappy. As a side note, my computer where I recorded the video is 3 years. That means you don't have to buy the latest bombshell in order to browse a site. Just use the latest version of Chrome/Firefox and you will be OK.

Top Bottom