Pale and Yellowing Plant Question

• Thread starter Pancakes1969
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pancakes1969

Pancakes1969

Hello! First time growing and posting. I’m growing 2 blue dream plants here, and in the last two weeks, they have both become very pale looking with yellowing leaves towards the bottom. I’m growing them in 5 gallon plastic pots that contain a mixture of Coco Coir/Perlite and Nature’s Organic living soil concentrate (bat guano/blood meal/lots of fungi and organic stuff). They have been vegging for over two months now, and I was looking to flip the lights soon, but want to fix this problem before I do. I believe I may have overwatered a few weeks ago and this originally created an imbalance? I always PH my water down to around 6.0-6.4 and let the water sit out to dissipate chlorine. I’ve also amended my soil slightly by adding some compost tea and a little of the super soil concentrate as a top dressing, but haven’t noticed any changes in the last week. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks!!

Pale and yellowing plant question
Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

The LEDs lights speed up the metabolism of the plant....and require more nutrient than a hps or outdoors grow
expecially magnesium, nitrogen and calcium
Plants looks starving...organic recipes seems to have difficult to keep up with the daily demand of those elements
So.....get some epsom salts 1g x gallon....and also some calcium nitrate....they will green up quickly! 💚 💚

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

...but haven’t noticed any changes in the last week. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks!!
This kind of yellowing never goes away. That is, those particular leaves will always be yellow. If the yellowing continues moving up the plant, it means you haven't fixed the problem yet. If it doesn't advance, you're good.

Yellowing on young plant parts can go away if the problem is fixed, but old ones never get better.

Pancakes1969

Pancakes1969

Good to know thanks for the advice. I’ll hit them with some Epsom salts and calcium nitrate. I figured they were hungry. Those led lights are intense even with the dimmer. Thanks!

Pancakes1969

Pancakes1969

I wanted to share the progress on my grow--I hit them with two generous feedings of liquid nutrients and Epsom salt, and they seem to have made a great recovery. I also drilled some bigger drainage holes in the bottom because they were taking a very long time to drain their runoff. The tips are showing a bit of burning from the nutes maybe (although they were always a bit yellow from the get go--possibly from heat from the organic soil concentrate...) Anyways, thanks for the help and I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of flowers she'll give!

IMG 8459
Top Bottom