Pale Plant is it a light issue?

• Thread starter Smokeysfarm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Smokeysfarm

Hi People, first time grower in need of some help, my plants seem to be a bit pale. I have a feeling it was due to having my Led lights to close, I have a 3x3 with 2 x 220w which where hanging around 12". Ive moved them upto around 18" now.
Pale plant is it a light issue
I'm using biobizz nutrients and soil and just sticking to their schedule, any advice is appreciated ✌🏽

MeechDGAF

MeechDGAF

Shes hungry! Looking good bro, Id just up your EC a bit and see how they respond.

S

Smokeysfarm

Thanks brother, I gave it a good feed today and added liquid seaweed, don't know if that'll help but from what I understand uts good for the plants either way.

S

Smokeysfarm

what kind are you growing?
All of them are different strains, is that what you meant? I also noticed raised on the plant that is not a deep green but more of a lime colour.
20220312 024408

There is also some burning on some leaves.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
All of them are different strains, is that what you meant? I also noticed raised on the plant that is not a deep green but more of a lime colour.View attachment 1225677
There is also some burning on some leaves.
ok.. so there’s something going on, could be as easily as needing an increase in nitrogen or needed..
but do you notice any other things? spots? etc
what is your growing medium and what nutrients are you feeding?

S

Smokeysfarm

I'm using Biobizz nutrients and there soil and just sticking to there schedule, I noticed a few spot yesterday but only on a couple of plants.
Screenshot 20220313 134307 Office

S

Smokeysfarm

I'm usually grow, bloom, top max and bio heaven in there soil. Thanks brother

AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

I love biobizz light mix for indoor and liquid nutes. It’s easy to water and is very light and airy. Great for using liquid nutes. Could it need a little sulphur for that lime green color? Would it be a horrible idea to do a little foliar spray with epsom salt?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok, kinda hard for me to tell you what to do exactly..
are you losing leaves like are some just falling off easily and it’s still healthy looking?
as your in flowering plants nutrient needs change throughout the whole stage..
your fine meaning you have some time, maybe another grower who uses those nutrients will chime in..
here’s a chart i follow..
soil and soilless mediums you would give what’s needed 4/5 days before..
i’d just wait a bit for a few more replies..
7EF6ACD9 0FE4 40D2 B0E6 5DF03A55CF9C

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

It's odd that the plants are uniformly chlorotic. There was another grower who recently showed a pic of a plant with that issue. It was easy to pass it off as a freak plant, but with three different strains?

If it's a nitrogen problem, the growing points should be at least a slightly darker green. Maybe that's the case and the pics just don't show it. Other macronutrients would show some damage patterns on leaves.

Any odd pH readings?

MeechDGAF

MeechDGAF

Getting way too in depth here. If you really want to have an idea test the ec and pH of runoff compared to input. Dont start adding calmag or random nutes, it will take a few days to notice anything. It also may not look any better but the symptoms will stop progressing. Doubt its nitrogen the plant is hungry for P and K during this stage not N.

S

Smokeysfarm

It's odd that the plants are uniformly chlorotic. There was another grower who recently showed a pic of a plant with that issue. It was easy to pass it off as a freak plant, but with three different strains?

If it's a nitrogen problem, the growing points should be at least a slightly darker green. Maybe that's the case and the pics just don't show it. Other macronutrients would show some damage patterns on leaves.

Any odd pH readings

S

Smokeysfarm

It's just the one plant that is showing these symptoms. I've been keeping the PH around 6.5

S

Smokeysfarm

ok, kinda hard for me to tell you what to do exactly..
are you losing leaves like are some just falling off easily and it’s still healthy looking?
as your in flowering plants nutrient needs change throughout the whole stage..
your fine meaning you have some time, maybe another grower who uses those nutrients will chime in..
here’s a chart i follow..
soil and soilless mediums you would give what’s needed 4/5 days before..
i’d just wait a bit for a few more replies..View attachment 1225702
I gave it a feed yesterday, with normal nutes for its life cycle, only thing I changed was adding liquid seaweed, if I don't see changes I'll add calmag, do you think that would be the right way to go?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

It's just the one plant that is showing these symptoms. I've been keeping the PH around 6.5
Then we can easily hand-wave this off as a freaky plant! Hurray! Maybe not the answer you were looking for.

I don't think Cal/Mag is the answer. I don't see calcium or magnesium symptoms, and excess calcium can cause problems. I think I'd just treat it normally, not like it needs "deficiency correction."

S

Smokeysfarm

Then we can easily hand-wave this off as a freaky plant! Hurray! Maybe not the answer you were looking for.

I don't think Cal/Mag is the answer. I don't see calcium or magnesium symptoms, and excess calcium can cause problems. I think I'd just treat it normally, not like it needs "deficiency correction."
Thanks for that, I'm glad I didn't just add more to the plants, I'll just see how it goes, it is only my first grow and I could have done something earlier, thanks for all the help, im happy to have found this community ✌🏽

Top Bottom