PAR Levels and Spectrum settings - For Each Stage

• Thread starter C2CGrowz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C2CGrowz

C2CGrowz

There is a whole lot of info out there going around, about PAR Levels, and Spectrum settings ... SOO … I wanted to ask the community … What do you think the best PAR Levels and Spectrum settings are for each stage of growth. Also, PLEASE, be detailed in things like - if you would use co2 sups and at what levels or anything else that would be needed to be adjusted if you are recommending PAR levels that would require such adjustments.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Are you talking about learning the best amount of light intensity for each stage?

Different strains can handle different amounts of light intensity. Some strains will bleach in flower while others bathe in higher amounts. As for color? You are likely to get many answers on that.

Homesteader

Homesteader

You will get varying amounts of info depending on the source but IMO between 900-1100 PPFD is about optimal with just about any strain You need a decent meter to check this but anything beyond that 1000 seems to go unused from what I have seen even with CO2.
I use 1000ppfd on the canopy with 1000ppm CO2 until the flowers are finished. Works for me.

C2CGrowz

C2CGrowz

I was able to find this info and it just so happens that these are VERY close to the PAR ranges that I personally use in my grows.

Between 200-400 PPFD: for seedlings, clones, and mother plants.

Between 400-600 PPFD: for early to late stage vegging cycles.

Between 600-900 PPFD: for the flowering, fruiting, or budding stage of plants.

Between 200 PPFD and 400 PPFD, plants growth rate potential crawls around 30 – 55% which is recommended for mother plants or young, weaker plants that need a light that’s not super intense.

If you were to double your PPFD from 400 to 800, the growth rate potential reaches about 85%. You would think that doubling the intensity would push the growth rate
potential pass 100% but the truth is, there’s a loss of power in return the more intense your lights become.

Once you surpass 1000 PPFD and go into Double Ended Grow Light territory, your plants stop becoming light limited and start becoming carb limited. At that level of PPFD, increasing CO2 levels is highly recommended to take advantage of that intense light.

For most growers, CO2 is not necessary. So a common balance between performance and efficiency is in the 600-900 PPFD range.

Keep in mind that this is assuming that you have an ideal spectrum and only represents the potential growth rate on the lighting side and doesn’t factor in other environmental conditions or genetics for optimal growth.

Latest posts

Top Bottom