Par Meter To Use Quantum Boards

• Thread starter MeanGreen420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Hi I was wondering if anyone has used a par meter that measures true for led "cob/quantum board" if anyone has could you tell me the brand par meter your using. Looking at maybe an apogee meter online.
Thanks!

F

FarmerDaniel

I'm using the Apogee mq500. Running Cree cxb3590 cobs. The sensor is updated to be good at reading leds

Very happy with the purchase. It really showed me how much I was guessing before. Feels stupid not having one sooner so you won't regret it

Growster240

Growster240

Sorry if I'm bumping or hijacking.

I've seen Nukeheads YT-videos about his DIY PAR-meter.
Has anyone tried it or knows anything about it? Apparently, it is the same as the MQ-500, but a DIY?
Thanks

Freshone

Freshone

I know there is a lux meter app you can download to a smart phone then you can do a calculation to come up with your par,Stephen from HLG says its pretty damn close to readings off an apogee too.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Sorry if I'm bumping or hijacking.

I've seen Nukeheads YT-videos about his DIY PAR-meter.
Has anyone tried it or knows anything about it? Apparently, it is the same as the MQ-500, but a DIY?
Thanks
I decided to buy dr lux meter since quantum board is pretty much white light anyway.

Growster240

Growster240

I decided to buy dr lux meter since quantum board is pretty much white light anyway.
Good call! I guess it would be different for a lamp with a lot of blue and red?

I know there is a lux meter app you can download to a smart phone then you can do a calculation to come up with your par, Stephen from HLG says its pretty damn close to readings off an apogee too.

Sweet. Might take a look at that, sounds like it could be super handy. Do you know the name of it?

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I would not recommend doing business with NukeHeads, the same thing happened to me, 3 wifi fem seeds turned out male. Cody the owner and his wife are both very greedy but put on a nice persona which makes them seem trustworthy. They prey upon new growers mostly but trick everyone with their seeds. Cody claims to test each seed batch, but we know that is a lie. He runs his base mostly from a facebook group and has used tactics to target his competition, by using his followers to attack them. He has a poor reputation in the fb cannibas community.

Growster240

Growster240

I would not recommend doing business with NukeHeads, the same thing happened to me, 3 wifi fem seeds turned out male. Cody the owner and his wife are both very greedy but put on a nice persona which makes them seem trustworthy. They prey upon new growers mostly but trick everyone with their seeds. Cody claims to test each seed batch, but we know that is a lie. He runs his base mostly from a facebook group and has used tactics to target his competition, by using his followers to attack them. He has a poor reputation in the fb cannibas community.

Holy cow. Thanks for the input, didn't know that.
He just seemed like a genuinely nice guy in his videos and also said a ton of nice things about Mr.Bugbee, who also seem to know a lot. So I just assumed that it was all good.

Top Bottom