Partial harvest and buds won't stop growing

• Thread starter Cashmeh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

My drying room is 60 humidity and 70 temp, lots of air exchange, the room stays open to the house. If not the humidity rises to much.

My tents air inlet is in this room, the drying room air is blown in my tent and in my 4x8(not running yet), then both rooms vent directly outside. I have an ac unit in this bedroom/dry area. All my resivoris are also in this drying room. I'm constantly in the area the flowers are drying.

Due to easy I have them not hanging, but on a thin bar rack as you can see. I have partial harvested some. I have been harvesting more every other day. I'm also only feeding the plants water lol.. . Well trying. The Dwc is water only. The rdwc idk I ain't checked it in a few days.. Ppm should be at 300 lol.. I'm done.. I'm honestly wanting to cut them all done and hang them. But... There are still new white hairs growing.. I would say 15% of all the hairs left in the tent are white, yet most are at the bottom. It's too much work to partial harvest and adjust nutes.. And trim and turn buds..idk I'm beat for real. To much other shit going on to be spending this much time on it.

The bud you see broken up was a top, and it dried 6 days, with no cure, all broken up so it would dry faster. It was potent and smooth, yet not cured so not perfect.

Curing partial harvests combined with dry times is my struggle. I also want to kill the plant, I want it to stop making new buds.. No more white hairs.

What happens if I harvest it with white hairs that haven't turned red yet? If a bud is 20% white hairs and still wanting to grow.. Because it's in a hydro system and doesn't wanna die for some reason..

Can I just harvest it all now without loosing flavor and quality.

Like 90% of the buds are red hairs and dried out.. The damn stems are almost hollow lol.. I'm bout to just cut 90% of the root mass off..

Sorry for ranting, my mom needs my attention a little more than the plants atm.. She got checked into a psych ward due to her meds off.. I'm just not wanting to deal with it all.. And wanting to start a new grow in the 2x4 without sacrificing quality.. I don't care about weight.. They big enough for me lol..

20210619 202915 HDR
20210619 202925 HDR
20210623 174923 HDR
20210621 193804
20210623 180810 HDR
20210623 180841
20210623 175244 HDR
20210623 180853 HDR
20210623 180744
20210623 174908
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Easy answer. Chop and start drying. Don't wait.

I see some fairly minor stuff you will want to address next grow, but finish this one.
Whack those puppies and dry'em.

Before you start your next grow come in and discuss some basic hydro stuff with @Aqua Man.
He's one of our Hydro guys. He can help set you up for a smoother grow.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I agree. I've had more than a couple strains that will keep pushing new growth until you chop em. Pistils don't mean much, let the trichs tell you when it's harvest time
So i have a good camera, can you tell in any of the pictures about the trics color? I havnt really studied all that yet. I was more focused on growing than harvesting since it was hydro. I will take what you said to heart, yet need to understand the colors im looking for better I guess. Perhaps some comparable pictures of almost done vs done vs not even close?

Anthem

Anthem

So i have a good camera, can you tell in any of the pictures about the trics color? I havnt really studied all that yet. I was more focused on growing than harvesting since it was hydro. I will take what you said to heart, yet need to understand the colors im looking for better I guess. Perhaps some comparable pictures of almost done vs done vs not even close?
To really check out the trichs you need a 10 to 20 magnification loop. All cloudy is early in the harvest window, most like 10 to 15 percent amber and some even darker. It is hard to tell without looking at the triches with a loop.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You can get one of the microscopes on Amazon pretty cheap. Get at least a 500x. It plugs into your tablet or computer.

This is what you are looking for;

Microscope
When to harvest cannabis diagram
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Easy answer. Chop and start drying. Don't wait.

I see some fairly minor stuff you will want to address next grow, but finish this one.
Whack those puppies and dry'em.

Before you start your next grow come in and discuss some basic hydro stuff with @Aqua Man.
He's one of our Hydro guys. He can help set you up for a smoother grow.
Ive spent lots of time talking to him. I should have for sure studied up more on the drying/curing. As for the things wrong visually right now, there are lots of updates needed as this was my first grow. This tent is transforming into a 6 plant seedling/veg room, then ill transplant them to my 4x8 6 plant grow room thats almost built. Fallponics rdwc. That will use a scrog though lol. . this one, i didnt think I needed one.

There is also leaf damage from root rot due to not understanding how to maintain my colony, yet they doing great now. Ironically my root mass will be around a handfull from each plant, when compared to the pound of roots in my rdwc system.

What do you see wrong other than my root rot late flower, no scrog, light leaks, walls caved in due to poor venting and not enough room for the tent to fit really, its just shoved in a closet, walls all caved in, had the tent been in a bedroom and not a closet it wouldnt have been far better.

But for sure, i do speak alot to him and on here. I guess I can say there will always be lots of issues with my grows for the next year. Im pushing it with hydro, not wanting to spend time in there, and being impatient. Basically my bad habits will always create problems that arnt too bad, where I can still just grow fast. This grow would not have been possible in soil due to all my issues, it would have been a little runt compared to this yield.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I'm a soil grower but I get your impatience. That's me sometimes too. We all want to sample the goods sooner. LOL
You have a great guide in @Aqua Man and I know he won't steer you wrong.

The upgrades you were talking about sound good.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Those are out of focus on my screen but it looks kind of like you have a week, maybe two left.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
My drying room is 60 humidity and 70 temp, lots of air exchange, the room stays open to the house. If not the humidity rises to much.

My tents air inlet is in this room, the drying room air is blown in my tent and in my 4x8(not running yet), then both rooms vent directly outside. I have an ac unit in this bedroom/dry area. All my resivoris are also in this drying room. I'm constantly in the area the flowers are drying.

Due to easy I have them not hanging, but on a thin bar rack as you can see. I have partial harvested some. I have been harvesting more every other day. I'm also only feeding the plants water lol.. . Well trying. The Dwc is water only. The rdwc idk I ain't checked it in a few days.. Ppm should be at 300 lol.. I'm done.. I'm honestly wanting to cut them all done and hang them. But... There are still new white hairs growing.. I would say 15% of all the hairs left in the tent are white, yet most are at the bottom. It's too much work to partial harvest and adjust nutes.. And trim and turn buds..idk I'm beat for real. To much other shit going on to be spending this much time on it.

The bud you see broken up was a top, and it dried 6 days, with no cure, all broken up so it would dry faster. It was potent and smooth, yet not cured so not perfect.

Curing partial harvests combined with dry times is my struggle. I also want to kill the plant, I want it to stop making new buds.. No more white hairs.

What happens if I harvest it with white hairs that haven't turned red yet? If a bud is 20% white hairs and still wanting to grow.. Because it's in a hydro system and doesn't wanna die for some reason..

Can I just harvest it all now without loosing flavor and quality.

Like 90% of the buds are red hairs and dried out.. The damn stems are almost hollow lol.. I'm bout to just cut 90% of the root mass off..

Sorry for ranting, my mom needs my attention a little more than the plants atm.. She got checked into a psych ward due to her meds off.. I'm just not wanting to deal with it all.. And wanting to start a new grow in the 2x4 without sacrificing quality.. I don't care about weight.. They big enough for me lol..
Scope your trichomes it’s the only way to really know Forsure. I’m a couple weeks away and they seem to be shooting out white hairs too but I’ll be looking at the trichs not the hairs.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

You can get one of the microscopes on Amazon pretty cheap. Get at least a 500x. It plugs into your tablet or computer.

This is what you are looking for;
I got one of these, and it's great but I must have shaky hands bc I have the hardest time getting clear focused pics. I see others get pretty good pics with it though. I ended up getting this Universal 3 in 1 Camera Lens Kit... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CSJ50LA?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share the pics aren't as close up but I almost think I like this one better. Though the photos aren't as magnified I can focus it better, so I can end up seeing more trichomes. I'm just excited to be able to share a little bit of experience finally, lol.☺️

Latest posts

Top Bottom