Partial Harvesting Of Flowering Plants?

• Thread starter shades
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
shades

shades

Hey Guys,

I am doing a partial harvest of my crops and am wondering if people typically just take the top half and do the bottom half or do people do it in 3rds/4ths/etc as well? The way the stems fork out, it seems I can clip the plant in 3 or 4 places before it reaches the bottom, Lowering the lights each time I make a cut. I'm trying to maximize my yield but also maximize the quality of said yield.

I read conflicting reports regarding quality of flowers doing at once versus doing it in stages, so I'm really confused.

I'm hoping to do a perpetual harvest, I definitely won't have cuttings ready to go to flower before these flowering ones are done. I have 4 vegging in my closet but I could be very unlucky and they could all be males, at which point I'd be real fucked. I managed to take one cutting from plant #6 and it did root but I'm worried my cuttings got too moist and maybe killed the roots. I'm hoping that from that one cutting I'll eventually be able to grow and maintain a mother in the closet.

My clone tray looks like it got too humid and a splatch of mold formed on a couple of the clones in there, which I cut off the infected portion and lightly misted everything (weather it had growth or not) with neem oil.

Still always see one or two fungus gnats but I don't really see the numbers growing. I'm hoping I can kill them all before they go into the flowering tent.

The lighting situation in the closet is piss poor and I'm hoping to eventually get another tent but I doubt I will be able to afford one any time soon so I'm stuck with trying to make it happen in the closet. Those plants do seem to kinda be struggling 8 |

I failed to collect pollen from my males, I guess the wind outside was just too strong/constant for me to have been able to collect any. I'm going to have to make due with cuttings.

It definitely sounds like I will have a gap in my harvest enough so that I can flip the tent to veg cycle to do cuttings and mothers in there. Especially since the cutting I took from #6 I want to make into a mother. Which will be a while until it gets to the appropriate size. Out of the 20 seeds I initially popped about half were male while four are still vegging and I can't tell yet. I'm hoping to take cuttings from the 4 and once they are rooted put in the flower tent to sex them and probably get rid of the males if I happen to have any. Out of those 20 seeds it seems to be one of two cultivars and the goal is to get a mother of each cultivar going in the closet or in a tent eventually in the future and be smoking forever.

chemistry

chemistry

I take the lot down and clean the space for the next round of plants. You could be up and a away in a month with seeds or cuttings.

shades

shades

I take the lot down and clean the space for the next round of plants. You could be up and a away in a month with seeds or cuttings.
What is the best way to clean the tent and what solution should I use to clean it with? What can I do to ensure that i got any over wintering eggs that I won't be able to see with the naked eye?

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

Hey man I harvested an NL plant in stages this year. I clipped just above the larf and let the bottom grow out another two weeks. I think it stunted the plant a few days but the lower buds fattened up a bit more. The second harvest was much stonier.

Let your clone dry out and keep the humidity up they can usually bounce back. When do you need the new clones ready for?

shades

shades

When do you need the new clones ready for? => not sure what you mean by when...

I don't really have a time frame, whenever the clone is ready is when it's ready for me. I'm at the plants mercy not the other way around. I do have one clone I am drying out, the stem got really soggy. I will checkup on it in two hours, I put it closer to one of my fans to dry out. Another clone successfully rooted, but a portion of that root fell off by this morning, that one is also trying to dry out. I left the top off the clones since I noticed the problem and will see how they are doing in a couple hours. Hopefully better. So far I have one, what I will think will be viable, clone with a 2nd (the one with part of the root falling off) maybe being viable. We will see. I don't have a proper propagation setup so it's really stressing me out.

Madmax

Madmax

Hey Guys,

I am doing a partial harvest of my crops and am wondering if people typically just take the top half and do the bottom half or do people do it in 3rds/4ths/etc as well? The way the stems fork out, it seems I can clip the plant in 3 or 4 places before it reaches the bottom, Lowering the lights each time I make a cut. I'm trying to maximize my yield but also maximize the quality of said yield.

I read conflicting reports regarding quality of flowers doing at once versus doing it in stages, so I'm really confused.

I'm hoping to do a perpetual harvest, I definitely won't have cuttings ready to go to flower before these flowering ones are done. I have 4 vegging in my closet but I could be very unlucky and they could all be males, at which point I'd be real fucked. I managed to take one cutting from plant #6 and it did root but I'm worried my cuttings got too moist and maybe killed the roots. I'm hoping that from that one cutting I'll eventually be able to grow and maintain a mother in the closet.

My clone tray looks like it got too humid and a splatch of mold formed on a couple of the clones in there, which I cut off the infected portion and lightly misted everything (weather it had growth or not) with neem oil.

Still always see one or two fungus gnats but I don't really see the numbers growing. I'm hoping I can kill them all before they go into the flowering tent.

The lighting situation in the closet is piss poor and I'm hoping to eventually get another tent but I doubt I will be able to afford one any time soon so I'm stuck with trying to make it happen in the closet. Those plants do seem to kinda be struggling 8 |

I failed to collect pollen from my males, I guess the wind outside was just too strong/constant for me to have been able to collect any. I'm going to have to make due with cuttings.

It definitely sounds like I will have a gap in my harvest enough so that I can flip the tent to veg cycle to do cuttings and mothers in there. Especially since the cutting I took from #6 I want to make into a mother. Which will be a while until it gets to the appropriate size. Out of the 20 seeds I initially popped about half were male while four are still vegging and I can't tell yet. I'm hoping to take cuttings from the 4 and once they are rooted put in the flower tent to sex them and probably get rid of the males if I happen to have any. Out of those 20 seeds it seems to be one of two cultivars and the goal is to get a mother of each cultivar going in the closet or in a tent eventually in the future and be smoking forever.
I do this outdoors when ive only grown a couple plants.like you said take all the big stuff and leave the smaller bits for another week or 2.indoors is different where you really should trimming all the small stuff for more quality and better air movement.dont have to worry bout that outdoors..

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

Sorry I thought you were worried you wouldn’t have plants in time for the next grow (if the clones don’t take and the seeds end up being male)
Wondering when you were hoping to have them ready for?

Top Bottom