Partially folding leaves at top of young plant

• Thread starter Erratum
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Erratum

Erratum

Supporter
I have a couple of plants going, ages 30 days and 26 days. One (30 days) had an initial nitrogen deficiency, which hasn't been progressing since I added some worm castings a week ago. I dosed with a 25% recommended concentration of nutes about 2 days ago. I've also started introducing these guys to some natural sunlight a few hours a day over the last week given they're going outside in just over a week (Ontario here).

The top leaves are partially folded in over the last 24 hours. The plants have been growing rather well. The serrated edges are fine. Not super concerned at this point but was wondering if humidity may be a factor? Could this be temp related if CFLs are too close? I don't monitor theses. Water is pH adjusted.

Thanks!
Partially folding leaves at top of young plant
Partially folding leaves at top of young plant 2

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Little bit of heat/light stress. By heat I mean leaf temps. It's normal to see some light stress in the transition to outdoors. They are not used to being exposed to UV. Your doing it right a little each day to harden them off.... semi shaded or shaded areas are a good place to start.

Erratum

Erratum

Supporter
Little bit of heat/light stress. By heat I mean leaf temps. It's normal to see some light stress in the transition to outdoors. They are not used to being exposed to UV. Your doing it right a little each day to harden them off.... semi shaded or shaded areas are a good place to start.
Thanks. I backed the CFLs off slightly and will give the plants at least the day off from sunlight.

I appreciate the time you took out of your day to provide this feedback.

Latest posts

Top Bottom