Passive Cls Dewaxing Chat

• Thread starter connoisseurde420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

High farmers,
Recently acquired a passive CLS 1lb with dewaxing unit from best value vacs. Overall I am happy with my purchase. In the future I will probably build a unit if I up grade sizes or change configuration. Better ideas for how I would like my next one after having this one for a bit now.

Just wanted to use this thread to discuss tips and tricks. Also share pictures of before/after material/oil.

Been using about 10 lbs of dry ice per dewaxed run but we are trying to be more efficient. We are using a 5 gallon bucket for holding butane tank with our cryo fluid and will be switching to a insulated igloo container to keep things colder and make the dry ice last longer.

Heating the collection by using tap right now. Want to find a water heater or maybe use one of those heating pads not sure what we are going to do there.

Even though my temps aren't perfect we still recovered at about 15 minutes for every lb of butane. We use about 3-4 lb of butane per run so recovery is 45-60 minutes. We are hoping to be 30-40 minutes after getting the cooler which will bring our run time down under two hours. We soak the material for 30 min then dewax for 30ish minutes, then recovery for an hour or so. Pressure is pretty close to zero when we pull the collection pot.

My results have varied but overall everything has come out pretty damn stable and we are using old GH and indoor trim to practice on. Most of it has a brown or darker color but taste good. No real old weed taste and lighter smoke of stuff that has been de waxed.This weekend we will try a live resin run on some purple menace nugs. See how that goes.

Here's a pic of the system later out its pretty freaking tall actually.
Passive cls dewaxing chat

Fishmaster42

Fishmaster42

I know you already own the dewax column. I have had the opportunity to blast with and with out. my BHO 98 percent of the time comes out stable our dewax column sits beside the real gear we use collecting dust. I'm on my second year blasting and trying different equipment. My advice to make perfect bho and get good yield. Got to start with good looking trim, if it don't have thc don't use it, brown leaf toss it, fan leaf no thc toss it. Freeze your material the day you trim it. buy a freezer off amazon big enough to put your gas tank in freeze it also. when your ready to run pack you tube with frozen trim attach a braided steel line from tank to top of your tube. close the bottom valve, open the top allow the frozen tane to roll in. wait 20 seconds after its full. close the tank valve. open the bottom valve let the tane out into your splash pan. you can take it from here. Also your oven temp should be like 100 overnight. next day flip slabs lower temp to 95 repull for a few hours done. do it without the dewax. with that size tube you will have like 6 or 8 cups butane to boil off in the bottom. it will fill most of that bottom splash pan up with a 1 lb er up Fish

Top Bottom