Patience, Patience, 60 days is a while - Read before you ask

• Thread starter Greenjourneyman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

I feel very blessed to be alive in a time when so many regions are embracing the domestic cultivation of our fair crop. Even the fascist and racist policies of the world superpowers are piece meal recognizing the commercial opportunity it provides. We are all lucky to have a patch of land, a tent, two tents, a giant farm to call our own to till and pour sweat, blood and toil into. kudos to all of your who have persevered through the flu continued to grow and hone your craft. I’ve seen several people diving all into the homemade hydro or play in the dirt for starters. The time of isolation is wonderful, one one coming by to see anything. A communal pat on the back for those of us in survival mode having to deal with shortages, creating our own grow space, or soils or fertilizers. We are a hardy lot, making due with what there is and continuing to provide ourselves and others with medicine or that feugo; however you slice it.

Welcome all you newins, either grizzled and veteran or green and untested first growers. This is a grand community To be apart of, for the most part the people hear are helpful and wise. Hundreds of years of cultivation knowledge and techniques lurk behind the keyboards and screens all over the world.

For the love of god, please, please stop asking if your nugs are done yet. I get it, ‘‘tis the season as it were, and we are all anxiously awaiting the results of our outdoor projects. Anyone in the northern Hemisphere are counting down the days. The US, most of Europe, and parts of Asia all hit the 14 hour sunlight mark Mid August, give two weeks of stretch bingo bango you are looking at mid October as a harvest date. Most strains have the standard 8-10 week blooming cycle. Of course this is plant and environment specific, but you are guaranteed at lest 60-70 days of flowering time. My last indoor batch came in at 74 days.

Do yourself a favor, go out and buy a jewelry loupe. Google trichombes! Critically think! Be your own best resource!

always friends be well and grow on.

GJ

FourthCity

FourthCity

I feel very blessed to be alive in a time when so many regions are embracing the domestic cultivation of our fair crop. Even the fascist and racist policies of the world superpowers are piece meal recognizing the commercial opportunity it provides. We are all lucky to have a patch of land, a tent, two tents, a giant farm to call our own to till and pour sweat, blood and toil into. kudos to all of your who have persevered through the flu continued to grow and hone your craft. I’ve seen several people diving all into the homemade hydro or play in the dirt for starters. The time of isolation is wonderful, one one coming by to see anything. A communal pat on the back for those of us in survival mode having to deal with shortages, creating our own grow space, or soils or fertilizers. We are a hardy lot, making due with what there is and continuing to provide ourselves and others with medicine or that feugo; however you slice it.

Welcome all you newins, either grizzled and veteran or green and untested first growers. This is a grand community To be apart of, for the most part the people hear are helpful and wise. Hundreds of years of cultivation knowledge and techniques lurk behind the keyboards and screens all over the world.

For the love of god, please, please stop asking if your nugs are done yet. I get it, ‘‘tis the season as it were, and we are all anxiously awaiting the results of our outdoor projects. Anyone in the northern Hemisphere are counting down the days. The US, most of Europe, and parts of Asia all hit the 14 hour sunlight mark Mid August, give two weeks of stretch bingo bango you are looking at mid October as a harvest date. Most strains have the standard 8-10 week blooming cycle. Of course this is plant and environment specific, but you are guaranteed at lest 60-70 days of flowering time. My last indoor batch came in at 74 days.

Do yourself a favor, go out and buy a jewelry loupe. Google trichombes! Critically think! Be your own best resource!

always friends be well and grow on.

GJ
32 days, 14 hour light Aug 22 and 13 hour light Aug 26, has stayed at 13 hour light since. I have a minimum 4 (28 days) weeks left for bloom, and would guess I’ll go close to 35 days.
Read you loud and clear, no posts about if a plant is finished. Now that that's out of the way, can you tell me if this plant is male or female and how much it will yield?

But seriously, the forum could use a plant sex/finish time mega thread with all these new threads being redirected there. I would think one sticky thread with multiple examples showing when its appropriate to harvest and others confirming sex would be more useful for those that are confused than the dozens of individual threads that keep popping up.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

But it doesn’t have to be the case.
most every question I’ve seen this week, (minus 10% of dialogue or actually botany/ methodology related questions) could have been answered with a google search And personal observation.
maybe I’m more into self empowerment Before crowd source.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

But it doesn’t have to be the case.
most every question I’ve seen this week, (minus 10% of dialogue or actually botany/ methodology related questions) could have been answered with a google search And personal observation.
maybe I’m more into self empowerment Before crowd source.

Me too bud. I grew the first two years without making a forum account. Every question has already been answered countless times.

But in the 4 years I have been posting (used to be 2 forums) the same questions and threads are still being posted.

Search back to 2009. Same stuff.

And still same old mythical answers from 50% of the posters despite so much info being available today.

Even the nute companies are sticking with the old rip off the grower systems despite widespread info that the plant only uses one ratio of fertilizer its whole life.

And the lighting companies with their confusion tactics and outright lies just to grab new growers in the market.

“Legal weed” is not about freedom. Its about taxable dollars. And information is open source for those who know how to look for it but it is mostly used to sell product and create brands.

waincox

waincox

You have to think...this is a place for discussion, about something many people can't talk about in person because of laws or the potential for getting robbed. The anonymity here allows for open discussion and the moderators do a good job of keeping things in line. There will always be repeated information in forums as people just want reassurance on grows they work hard at.

So, do you think my plants are ready to harvest? How much longer? How much do you think they'll yield? 💩

beluga

beluga

If you look at it in that sense of consumerism, it's safe to say that the forums actually benefit from the painfully elementary, "Is she ready?","Male/female?".
Because, why do people generally join these things? Because they have no idea what they're doing, so they seek that hand-holding advice from some place of higher authority. Be it a product label or someone with 10K posts on a public forum (although it's usually the small fries full of piss and vinegar about their first successful grow).
But what does that get the forums? Traffic. Advertising. Search engine priority. Often direct transactions in the form of supporter accounts, merchandise, and the like.

I've been lurking and periodically participating in grow forums since ~'06. It really hasn't changed much. And, while the constant droning of questions about well-covered, rudimentary topics can be pretty annoying, it does have some silver lining in the benefit of the capital health of the forums.
The best solution is a more direct chute for new members to the Newbie/Getting Started/Basics section of the forums to avoid the clutter elsewhere. Which, credit where it's due (to the web developers), has gotten a lot better in the 14 years I've been using these things.
Sometimes I look at some of the old alt.drugs stuff and think, "damn. We've come a long way in our accessibility of the illicit. So long, shit's not even illicit anymore."

BudBogart

BudBogart

But aren’t we bashing farmers because they don’t have our skills? It’s so easy to identify threads about buds being done yet that those of us that want to can skip them. I skip them often, but occasionally take a peek. We ALL know 99.9% aren’t gonna be ready, that the op should spend $10. For a loop And 10 minutes examining 3 pictures of trichomes in various stages of life, but they learn those facts by posting pics of their wonderful buds for our help and admiration.
please don’t make new farmers feel too embarrassed to ask beginner questions.
Early morning well blazed opinion, subject to change with mood.

beluga

beluga

It's not really to critique their ability to grow, but their ability properly use the resources they've show they know how to use. Resources abundantly available with arguably much less effort than it takes to find a forum, make an account, and post a question.
They've more than likely used search engines to find the forums. That they don't use them to just find concrete information about their topic shows an unwillingness to do something on their own. An unwillingness to learn. That doesn't bode well for those willing to teach, because it often means, 'do it for me.'
I mean... hell, a lot of seed packets straight up say 'x days flowering'
and then people are like, 'how many days have you flowered?'
and the OP is like, 'y days'
and people are like '😒'

No one should ever be embarrassed about having less knowledge while in the pursuit of it. It's just a matter of the intent/lack thereof to pursue that can (and should) receive criticism.

However. As I said above, those people are kind of a lifeline for the hosts. So... can't knock 'em too hard.

Cloverdalestan

Cloverdalestan

It’s the same with bourbon forums , watch forums , craft beer forums, rowing forums; Many questions are asked over and over. Most just don’t want to spend hours looking for answer preferring a quick response. I get it. Some times the answers are so nuanced as to invite more questions rather than clarity. My suggestion is just ignore the poster if annoying rather than get snarky. I’m retired and actually enjoying visiting different weed forums.

Slap

Slap

You have to think...this is a place for discussion, about something many people can't talk about in person because of laws or the potential for getting robbed. The anonymity here allows for open discussion and the moderators do a good job of keeping things in line. There will always be repeated information in forums as people just want reassurance on grows they work hard at.

So, do you think my plants are ready to harvest? How much longer? How much do you think they'll yield? 💩
I have resorted to going through the forums and articles or discuss situations with a seasoned grower who is kind and patient with helping. Google and some replies on threads are all over the place and might not fit your specific grow. Make an educated guess and learn. You are correct about reassurance. Live and learn this is my second grow. I thought I did everything possibly wrong with my first, that hermied, which was an auto. Second grow now, almost done. Made another mistake, although not life threatening. I just want to keep growing. Im a late bloomer, now that its legal here, people are accepting the participation, without persecuting your morals.

Thanks to all who have helped me and reassured we all make mistakes and sometimes its genetics, not necessarily what you did or didn't do. Know your strains and love your plants, they will love you back.

Peace Out!

beluga

beluga

The problem is that you can't teach people to see. So you just run into this redundancy of 'is this good/bad?' because patience ebbs and recommended techniques seem to not be offering what they're supposed to (or what the novice believes they're supposed to) (or the results that the experienced have).

Like in art, it's all about technique, repetition, and replication until you're able to look at something and discern the traits that you need to use to be able to coherently describe that thing through your own abstraction.
Sex, ripeness, disease, deficiency/toxicity... these nuances are all things you acquire a sight for, so to speak, and can only really be learned through a process of conditioning your perspective.
If people don't want to take the time to learn the rules of perspective, their work will forever lack depth.

None of what I'm saying is meant to discourage people helping or seeking the help of each other. I, too, like to spend a lot of time going through and helping novice growers with the same advice I've given a thousand times. I especially like when they break off into an overwhelming Mandelbrot set of further questions - that, to me, shows that actual intention of acquiring knowledge and makes it worth the time it takes to teach. Thirst for knowledge incentivizes the offering of a lesson. Those who just want, 'tell me when to cut it', leave a lot to be desired when you're offering your own hard-earned (and free) knowledge.
It's like going to yoga classes and having your instructor put you into every position, every time. Will you eventually learn? Perhaps. But, by distracting your instructor, you're really dampening the experience for those who are eager to learn and willing to put in the work in an equitable fashion.

sambapati

sambapati

To answer the question of how much will my plants yield I would recommend listening to the Pearl Jam album YIELD. The answer is you will NEVER have enuf weed, there is no such thing. I repeat....no such thing. I agree with waincox, most people want confirmation that what they are doing is OK and will have a good result. Assurance + good job = a good sleep at night. It takes a long time for people's mindsets to move from hobby to caregiver.....and working through the forum's collective brain is part of that experience. Only smoke 2 or 3 times a week and your weed will be MUCH stronger..LOL.

Top Bottom