Paypal

• Thread starter Badgeradventures
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Last I knew, PayPal doesn’t allow any sales of anything cannabis or hemp related.

PayPal doesn't process payments for cannabis or hemp related sales ... just like was said above. This does not mean that sellers have not figured out ways around this as I have as recently as Nov 2019 ... used paypal to pay for a seed order.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

NO they don't!
You can't even use their money card.

Here is what happened to me ... I tried to use my credit card. It got flagged for an international transaction. Seller then offered to process payment through paypal. Stated there could be no mention of cannabis in any notes or details when I sent the funds. The transfer itself was listed as a "gift."

I got my order. Was it legal? No probably not. In retrospect I probably should not have done it this way. I probably should have contacted my bank and let them know I was trying to process an international transaction. I see a lot of ways this could have gone wrong ... but it didn't this time.

Will I do it again? I don't know ... guess we see. This could be considered a "buyer beware" situation.

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
I have one horror story, I purchased seeds from UK 10 years ago.
15 minutes after my purchase another purchase was made in the UK for $1000.00 at a bike shop.
Fortunately I reviewed my PayPal purchase, contacted PP and they stopped it.
This is probably part of the reason they don't allow.

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

PayPal doesn't process payments for cannabis or hemp related sales ... just like was said above. This does not mean that sellers have not figured out ways around this as I have as recently as Nov 2019 ... used paypal to pay for a seed order.
So.., you receive your seeds as the seller “gets around it” and then they try to cash out and PayPal locks them out of getting paid their money. 🤦🏻‍♂️

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I have one horror story, I purchased seeds from UK 10 years ago.
15 minutes after my purchase another purchase was made in the UK for $1000.00 at a bike shop.
Fortunately I reviewed my PayPal purchase, contacted PP and they stopped it.
This is probably part of the reason they don't allow.

There is probably more than one reason they don't allow it. I'm sure US Federal banking laws have a lot to do with it too.

I've had unauthorized transactions on credit cards that were never used outside of the initial purchase for the free financing offer (bestbuy) only to see it used to process airline tickets a month later on Southwest Airlines. This card was never used in a POS device either ... the crooks and their crookedness seem to always find a way

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

So.., you receive your seeds as the seller “gets around it” and then they try to cash out and PayPal locks them out of getting paid their money. 🤦🏻‍♂️

I think your chain of events is logical if the transaction were to be discovered, yes ...

Moshmen

Moshmen

I’m new to the seed game, only ordered from overseas and Canada, the Canada seeds got confiscated at the border, and I’m always nervous about overseas purchases , haven’t ran the seeds yet but the PayPal purchase has been the easiest and fastest shipping ive seen yet.
And bonus the seeds were less expensive than the USA counter sellers.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I’m new to the seed game, only ordered from overseas and Canada, the Canada seeds got confiscated at the border, and I’m always nervous about overseas purchases , haven’t ran the seeds yet but the PayPal purchase has been the easiest and fastest shipping ive seen yet.
And bonus the seeds were less expensive than the USA counter sellers.

I just soaked 6 of mine ... all popped and were transplanted to peat pods. Once they sprout, I'll do 6 more. At this point, 6 out of 6 were viable. I started a grow diary ...

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

Dutch Seeds Shop takes paypal. I have used them twice no problems. Depending where you live it may take a good 3 weeks though to get them.

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
The first time I ordered seeds was '99.
Lots of them! They have always showed up, sometimes in a few days but a few times a month or months but always came.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

The first time I ordered seeds was '99.
Lots of them! They have always showed up, sometimes in a few days but a few times a month or months but always came.

This was the first and only time I ordered from an over-seas seed bank. Up until sometime last summer, there was a local seed supply of breeder seeds at a now closed dispensary. They weren't cheap, but were available on the spot. I've also bought them at medical conventions and such. I was impressed with how quickly my over-seas shipment arrived.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I have used PP recently for beans. Many vendors on Strainly take it..but caution rules unless you can look the vendors up with Google. I bought clones with PP last yr, until the vendor decided to stop shipping.
I also used it for a few Seedbanks in the USA.. (PM if you want the names..I will only give those out to long term, well known members.)

Yep..if they find out..the seller gets shut down.

Top Bottom