PCG: Lemon Berry Crisp, Headhunter and 14 Bombers Strains Grow Diary

• Thread starter thcoso
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
thcoso

thcoso

Hello Phriends:

If you need info on these 3 strains, FoxFarms soils and Roots Organic, this diary may help.

I logged my last grow--in reference to FoxFarms Strawberry Fields Soil and Roots Organic (https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/u...-roots-organic-dry.124863/page-4#post-2641860) --on this website, so I figured I'd do my next grow here as well. This grow I will be growing 3 new strains for me from Purple City Genetics in Oakland, CA. I dropped them in water on 6/16/21; they were transferred to paper towel on 6/18 and 6/19 (14 bombers was constantly a day behind). They were transferred to solo cups on 6/21 and 6/22 (14 bombers). Today is 6/25/21 and they are all now officially in veg, and I have placed them in a 5x5 under a MarsHydro SP150 until they get a little bigger where they will then be placed under a TS3000 so I may take advantage of the power control.

Here is the link to my other grow diary I have on this site. It's basically an analysis of FoxFarms's soil Strawberry Fields. I used 4 Gorilla Glue and 4 Blue Dream crossed with an unknown father and pushed there soil to its limits. Long story made short, the soil is amazing, the grow went very well with a dry weight yield of 2.5 pounds.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/u...-roots-organic-dry.124863/page-4#post-2641860

Here are my 3 new strains I acquired from Purple City Genetics in Oakland, Ca: Lemon Berry Crisp on the left, Headhunter in the middle and 14 Bombers on the left. I will provide the genetics in another post.

In the cups I am using Fox Farms Strawberry Fields (only because I didn't have any Happy Frog that day). Normally, I Strawberry Fields would not be the best choice for a seedling; however, I did flush the soil to help prevent any transplant shock or nute burn in the beginning.

Now I do have new bags of Happy Frog and CocoLoco along with 1/3 of a bag of Strawberry Fields. Over the grow, I will use these 3 soils along with Roots Organic, Epsom Salt and other organics to make these ladies produce the best flowers possible.

tempImagenOvA46.png

thcoso

thcoso

Purple City Genetics:

Strain: Lemon Berry Crisp

Parent Strains: SLSMAC x Strawnana

This is a sativa dom strain

SLSMAC is a cross of MAC x Super Lemon Dawg
TempImagefZ75vn
TempImageu4YFON
TempImageoL5QcS
TempImagee1Fe01

thcoso

thcoso

Purple City Genetics:

Strain: Headhunter

Parent Strains: Legend OG x Gush Mints

This is a: Hybrid that will finish: 9–10 wks

High yields / high THC / original OG pine fuel with creamy skunk gelato terpenes

TempImagevlgIap

TempImagepq69cs
TempImagepFdjhR

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Looks like some interesting genetics here. Are you outta Oakland, CA too?

thcoso

thcoso

Purple City Genetics:

Strain: 14 Bombers

Parent Strains:THC Bomb x Strawnana

This is a: Hybrid that will finish: 9–10 wks

They are described as:

Fruit, bubblegum, skunk, strawberry, banana chips.
Medium to tall plants with medium to long internodal spacing.
Will double to triple in height during flowering.
Will require stakes/support.
Extremely hardy.
Cold tolerant, heat tolerant, mold resistant.

TempImagehAG1Gl
TempImagekLpF1G
TempImagel5BhLn

Looks like some interesting genetics here. Are you outta Oakland, CA too?
No. I'm located on the other side of the country not too far from the east coast. I flew to San Diego in April to acquire these 3 strains. I'm super excited to have them and look forward to seeing what I can make them do. Plus, I'm flying to Jamaica in July to acquire some genetics for either pollen or forcing a herm to get fem seeds from them.

thcoso

thcoso

Day 2 Veg.

Today I started prepping three 1 gal pots with Happy Frog. To it I have added 5 tablespoons of an additive consisting of:

3 gal Strawberry Fields Soil
3 tablespoons of each Blood and Bone Meal
Epsom Salt with a Ca additive in RO water with Grandma's Molasses sprayed in the soil 10-14 days before transplant so organics may be activated.
5 tablespoons of Roots Organic Uprising Grow

In 5-10 days I will transplant them into the 1 gal pots. Once transplanted (assuming there is no transplant shock) the light schedule will be decreased from 24-0 to 18-6 over the course of a couple of weeks. I like to stagger the light decreases 24-0 / 22-2 / 20-4 then finally 18-6.

As of now, I plan to veg long enough to make cuttings from which mamas will grow for future use. After that, I'll veg these 3 long enough to recover from the cuttings, then, flip to 12/12. That should be about 5-6 weeks from now.

TempImageJhh0lU
TempImageX9j9oC

Last edited:
thcoso

thcoso

right on! looks awesome. will definitely be following along. happy growing!
Thank You brother. I'm excited to see how your first photos turn out. If you end up with some bomb fem genetics, let me know. I may want to trade a seed or two. I'm super stoked about this 14 bombers strain. The more I research, the more I'm anxious to see her flowers. My wife chose the Lemon Berry Crisp, so that's the one she is focused on. Either way, it shouldn't matter. These 3 strains are all from PCG's best genetics' lines, so I assume all three will be equally awesome.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
We certainly need some more Jamaican's on the forums here. Would be sweet to simply have a direct line to the source. I've had some Thai strains sent to me from Thailand, so it's certainly possible.

IMG 20210625 0145455841
thcoso

thcoso

We certainly need some more Jamaican's on the forums here. Would be sweet to simply have a direct line to the source. I've had some Thai strains sent to me from Thailand, so it's certainly possible.
Wow!!!! We ask and Ja provides. This plant is beautiful; she is loudly screaming "I'm a dom sativa if not all sativa (which I know is not truly possible due to all the crossing done over the past few decades)". Is that a Ca deficiency I see? Either way, is this your plant? At my work, we have 3 people on staff who are from Kingston working towards their green cards. My only reservation about going and finding some new genetics is the genetic filtering that will probably require a succession of grows, a few plants that will inherit unwanted traits--maybe to the point of the plant being totally destroyed. Honestly, I've never truly tried to find a wild strain with the intention of creating either an amended version of strains I already have or create something new and unique. Either way, it's a reason to grow other than the normal, "I dont wanna pay retail for something I can do for costs of supplies yet still enjoy a top shelf quality smoke along with the endless canna infused food made from the scraps of a grow that some may just throw out as trash. Why smoke trim, sugar leaves and bottom fluff if you have over 2 pounds of good flower. Before I learned how to infuse, I either saved the trim for a true time of desperation--completely out of weed and I refuse to dry hit a bowl for a resin-hit (gross). So, trim may not taste good not go down smooth, but it is better than swag. Actually, I cant remember the last time I saw swag-brick weed---thank Ja for making my life a little less swag and a little more kind. The things I need, Ja provides......... As a Robert Hunter said, "what I want to know is: are your kind?

thcoso

thcoso

Day 7: Veg and 1st Transplant

For reference, I am defining day 0 veg as the day the seedling broke ground and showed their first set of leaves creating node 1.

Technically, LBC and Headhunter broke ground 1.5 days before 14 Bombers. But I'm sure once she has the root base she requires, vertical growth will catch her up.

LBC
I did not do too well at the transplant. Before I removed LBC from the solo cup, I forgot to water and pack the soil around the new root ball to get my root plug. As you can imagine, all the dirt fell leaving most of the roots exposed to air. Transplant shock now could be really, really bad and hard to overcome, especially since the plant doesn't have enough stored food and water to last too long.
TempImagenAPXHM

Headhunter was better; however, for some reason, this Happy Frog seems different in its ability to stick. So I added a little more water hoping to make a tighter root ball. But it didn't hold like it should. When I cut the solo cup to flip the plant over, the top half of dirt fell and the bottom half held as it should. So, the majority of the root ball kept its original soil. No shock expected on her.
TempImageHwePG2

14 Bombers
I waited 1.5 days before I transplanted her. The transplant was flawless. The top half of the plug did fall, but that was due to me adding more soil on top before packing it to make sure the previous problem with the Headhunter transplant did not reoccur. So loosing this bit of soil did not expose any of the root ball and the bottom of the root ball was solid. No transplant shock expected.
TempImageHwePG2

TempImagefIviv8

TempImage4YtZT6
thcoso

thcoso

GREAT NEWS!!! LBC did not show any signs of transplant shock even though her entire root ball became exposed to air for well over a minute, but after 4 days, she never drooped, stopped growing or changed colors. I'm super happy my forgetfulness didn't cause any problems.

TempImage93oy89
thcoso

thcoso

Equipment Used in This Grow:

For reference, this is the equipment I plan to use for this grow. Durin my last grow, for soil I accidentally ended up with Fox Farms Strawberry Fields because the local grow shop was out of Happy Frog, and I needed to transplant 8 ladies from solo to 2 gallon pots--waiting for another shipment of HF was not practical. So I took even though the guys at the grow store had never used it nor had much info on it beyond what FF supplied. As I began to research, I could not find anyone who had solid data especially written in any organized and scientific manner. The only common phrase was, "It's great for flower."

So, I decided to push the soil to its limits w/o causing stress to the plants. There is only so much I am willing to sacrifice for science. If you wish to view that diary hit me up.

This grow is different. If goes as planned, these 3 ladies' main jobs are to make a generation of strong cuttings that take root and show they will pull through. Then I'll flip these 3 to find out how the close will be. I figure it will be 36-46 days until flip.

Tents for this grow:
MarsHydro 5x5x7 and a 2x2x5

lights and timers:
MarsHydro SP-150 (Day 1 veg - mid veg)
TS-3000 (late veg and flower)
Vivsun Digital 10 day

Air/Temp/Humidity Controllers:
AC Infinity T6 with Filter
AC Infinity T4 with Filter
Hisense Dehumidifier
GE 125 BTU Air Conditioning

Soil and Nutes:
FF Happy Frog
FF Strawberry Fields
FF CocoLoco
FF Happy Frog
Roots Organic Uprising Grow and Uprising Bloom
Roots Organic TerpTea
Roots Organic Seabird Guano
Epsom Salt
Blood and Bone Meal
Earthworm Castings
Alaska Liquid Fish
Alaska Bloom
Prime Ca remover
Grandma's Blackstrap Molasses
RotStop Ca Additive
Fiskars Coated Cutters
Pipe Cleaners/wire ties/hemp rope/PVC Pipes
Shop Vac

TempImageeHEo6R
TempImagenRkVkV

Last edited:
thcoso

thcoso

Veg Day 9 LST

Since these 3 ladies main goal is to produce some clones to provide more copies of the genetics to share with the local grow community, I must use some Low Stress Training to ensure there are enough branches available for harvesting to propagate. About two weeks later, these ladies will be flipped to 12/12.

TempImage1ZaNe8

TempImageRDjNr0

TempImageLmsuGg
TempImagespQIDB

TempImagesjSNLC
TempImage4jTN8F

TempImage7c8BRk
TempImagelfPAL9

TempImagetttlmb
thcoso

thcoso

Equipment Used in This Grow:

For reference, this is the equipment I plan to use for this grow. Durin my last grow, for soil I accidentally ended up with Fox Farms Strawberry Fields because the local grow shop was out of Happy Frog, and I needed to transplant 8 ladies from solo to 2 gallon pots--waiting for another shipment of HF was not practical. So I took even though the guys at the grow store had never used it nor had much info on it beyond what FF supplied. As I began to research, I could not find anyone who had solid data especially written in any organized and scientific manner. The only common phrase was, "It's great for flower."

So, I decided to push the soil to its limits w/o causing stress to the plants. There is only so much I am willing to sacrifice for science. If you wish to view that diary hit me up.

This grow is different. If goes as planned, these 3 ladies' main jobs are to make a generation of strong cuttings that take root and show they will pull through. Then I'll flip these 3 to find out how the close will be. I figure it will be 36-46 days until flip.

Tents for this grow:
MarsHydro 5x5x7 and a 2x2x5

lights and timers:
MarsHydro SP-150 (Day 1 veg - mid veg)
TS-3000 (late veg and flower)
Vivsun Digital 10 day

Air/Temp/Humidity Controllers:
AC Infinity T6 with Filter
AC Infinity T4 with Filter
Hisense Dehumidifier
GE 125 BTU Air Conditioning

Soil and Nutes:
FF Happy Frog
FF Strawberry Fields
FF CocoLoco
FF Happy Frog
Roots Organic Uprising Grow and Uprising Bloom
Roots Organic TerpTea
Roots Organic Seabird Guano
Epsom Salt
Blood and Bone Meal
Earthworm Castings
Alaska Liquid Fish
Alaska Bloom
Prime Ca remover
Grandma's Blackstrap Molasses
RotStop Ca Additive
Fiskars Coated Cutters
Pipe Cleaners/wire ties/hemp rope/PVC Pipes
Shop Vac

View attachment 1142426View attachment 1142429
I forgot two important items:

Tools for Soil and Water Analysis:
HealthMetric TDS
PHPro pH meter

thcoso

thcoso

Veg Day 11
The ladies have all turned into the light again after another LST adjustment last night. LBC and HH are getting close to needing their first topping. They were all dropped in water the same day, but 14 Bombers is not growing at the same rate as the others.
B782B3BA 2412 42C3 A207 9FB09BC5DBA7

1B56460A 3C72 4871 9C78 8508BB6CC904
D4759F23 F81A 44CC AAB4 D3952683B6EF
C2366C4B EA5C 433B 9775 B6A1B677E771

12380F9C 6E4E 4BE8 B19C EC37ED1FB728

thcoso

thcoso

To prepare for the next transplant into their 5 gal pots that will occur in about 10 days, I mixed the soil today. I prepare early and apply a heavy watering to allow time for the organics to breakdown, allowing the nutrients to be available to the plants immediately after transplant.

Soil’s Contents:
1/3 Happy Frog
1/3 CocoLoco
1/3 Strawberry Fields
1 tbs Roots Organic Uprising Grow per gal
1 tbs blood/bone meal per 5 gal
1 teaspoon per gallon Roots Organic Seabird Poo
1 tbs per gal epsom salt
Dash of Baking Soda
RO water with 1/2 tbs of Grandma’s Blackstrap Molasses

INDICAtive

INDICAtive

Wow!!!! We ask and Ja provides. This plant is beautiful; she is loudly screaming "I'm a dom sativa if not all sativa (which I know is not truly possible due to all the crossing done over the past few decades)". Is that a Ca deficiency I see? Either way, is this your plant? At my work, we have 3 people on staff who are from Kingston working towards their green cards. My only reservation about going and finding some new genetics is the genetic filtering that will probably require a succession of grows, a few plants that will inherit unwanted traits--maybe to the point of the plant being totally destroyed. Honestly, I've never truly tried to find a wild strain with the intention of creating either an amended version of strains I already have or create something new and unique. Either way, it's a reason to grow other than the normal, "I dont wanna pay retail for something I can do for costs of supplies yet still enjoy a top shelf quality smoke along with the endless canna infused food made from the scraps of a grow that some may just throw out as trash. Why smoke trim, sugar leaves and bottom fluff if you have over 2 pounds of good flower. Before I learned how to infuse, I either saved the trim for a true time of desperation--completely out of weed and I refuse to dry hit a bowl for a resin-hit (gross). So, trim may not taste good not go down smooth, but it is better than swag. Actually, I cant remember the last time I saw swag-brick weed---thank Ja for making my life a little less swag and a little more kind. The things I need, Ja provides......... As a Robert Hunter said, "what I want to know is: are your kind?
Uncle john...is that you? We got some things to talk about here beside the rising tide

INDICAtive

INDICAtive

Wow you start training REAL early. Whats the benefit of that before theres anything under it to expose? On the bomber...

Genuinely curious. Just trying to keep them as low as possible? I usually wait until theres a least a new site underneath to expose. Im all about lst, its the only training i do. So i like learning new tricks. I might try mixing in topping on my next run. Good luck with your grow ill be following along

20210619 123555

Latest posts

Top Bottom