PCG: Lemon Berry Crisp, Headhunter and 14 Bombers Strains Grow Diary

• Thread starter thcoso
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
thcoso

thcoso

T
Wow you start training REAL early. Whats the benefit of that before theres anything under it to expose? On the bomber...

Genuinely curious. Just trying to keep them as low as possible? I usually wait until theres a least a new site underneath to expose. Im all about lst, its the only training i do. So i like learning new tricks. I might try mixing in topping on my next run. Good luck with your grow ill be following along
When you start your training and the type of training you do depends on the end goal. These plants are highly trainable and will make almost any shape you want when you enter flower. If I had 8-12 plants in this tent, then all training right now would be only for vertical growth. Since these 3 are being grown for making cuttings and I have 25 sq feet of area, I'm gonna make them as thick and wide as possible. In other words, I want as much horizontal growth as I can get with as many cutting sites as possible. I have 2 other local growers to whom I owe cuttings of new genetics. These ladies will settle that debt then the will be flipped about 14 days afterwards.

The earlier you start the LST, the better it is on the plant (in reference to bending the plant. NEVER top until you have at least 4 complete nodes. I tend to top right above the 4th node. If you wait too long past node 4, you could have a plant that is gaining too much vertical growth in comparison to the amount of horizontal growth. I am far more interested in thick, bushy horizontal growth. The cuttings will thin the plants down of their branches that would be all the "fluff", leaving only top-of-the-plant buds sites when I flip.

My LST, super-cropping, topping and other various techniques are picked based 100% on my end goal. If I need a rectangle shaped plant, an oval, a round or square plant, or an 8 foot tall tree, all are is possible with the correct training, time and space during veg.

If you plant to drastically train, starting as soon as you have enough of the stalk to bend w/o stressing the seedling, the better your odds of meeting your training goal. I did my first grow in 1996. It was an outdoor swag plant that mainly was an accident. I threw out some seeds, a plant grew by accident and it was crap. But, I grew that male to over 7 feet tall then consumed the whole thing; because, I was 20 and didnt know any better. Since then, I've learned a lot. Trust me, if you plan to have as short of a veg as possible, you really need to LST by bending the main stalk by the end of node 2, forcing he to grow horizontally asap. By the time you are in flower, this bend will be right at soil level instead of a few inches above the soil. For those who's tent has a low roof, a few inches could be the difference between making it al the way to 10% amber to having to harvest with 10% still clear due to light and heat damage due to height limitations.

thcoso

thcoso

Wow you start training REAL early. Whats the benefit of that before theres anything under it to expose? On the bomber...

Genuinely curious. Just trying to keep them as low as possible? I usually wait until theres a least a new site underneath to expose. Im all about lst, its the only training i do. So i like learning new tricks. I might try mixing in topping on my next run. Good luck with your grow ill be following along
BTW, your training in your pic looks amazing and perfect for the net. I dont use a net at the base like you. I dont like the way it interferes with my ability to water easily. During the grow, the plants need to be rearranged constantly to provide a more even light to all sides. I avoid a net until about week 4 or 5 during flower and it is used only to even the top of the canopy until 1-2 weeks prior to harvest when I release the net and switch to using rope to support the heaviest buds. I do this due to the fact I need access to the plants for my microscope to assess the clear vs cloudy vs amber tops. I dont harvest until the plant is ready. And I only harvest that plant. If the net is still down, harvesting only 1 plant is not possible. Here is my last grow of 4 gorilla glue and 4 blue dream showing this.

TempImage0tvfQ1
TempImagewfisvp

Last edited:
thcoso

thcoso

Uncle john...is that you? We got some things to talk about here beside the rising tide
Come hear Uncle John's Band play ing to the tide..........I attended my first Dead show at RFK July 95 at age 19. Less than as month later, Jerry passed. It truly was one of the saddest days of my life; because, I felt I had finally found a place where I felt normal. I was already saving $$ to catch as many shows as possible on the next tour. I was even going to put my own music degree I was earning at the time on hold to do this. Then it was taken away less than a month later. Luckily, I finished that music degree, paving the way for 2 more and allowing time for another true band of jammers to tighten their sound and consolidate their scene in this super-event called The Clifford Ball. I did not attend that festival, but a close friend did. But more importantly, he acquired copies of the sets. That was my first experience with Phish. All that being said, Bobby and Phil have done a great job over the years of keeping the music alive and putting together lots of great musicians as the years have progressed.

thcoso

thcoso

Veg 12 Deep Watering

I have only been using the spray bottle to water thus far. Yesterday, I applied no water and today, all 3 ladies were in need of their first deep watering since being transplanted. I applied enough water to have plenty of run off. I did not test this water for PPM due to the soil being mostly unaltered Happy Frog. After the watering the soil had been misplaced causing my LST to need to be redone.

TempImageWQPbqv

TempImageYSb8qr

TempImageK1e42l

TempImageo8arWg

TempImagecZgGlL
TempImageNs6vHA
TempImagekPkbxC

INDICAtive

INDICAtive

Come hear Uncle John's Band play ing to the tide..........I attended my first Dead show at RFK July 95 at age 19. Less than as month later, Jerry passed. It truly was one of the saddest days of my life; because, I felt I had finally found a place where I felt normal. I was already saving $$ to catch as many shows as possible on the next tour. I was even going to put my own music degree I was earning at the time on hold to do this. Then it was taken away less than a month later. Luckily, I finished that music degree, paving the way for 2 more and allowing time for another true band of jammers to tighten their sound and consolidate their scene in this super-event called The Clifford Ball. I did not attend that festival, but a close friend did. But more importantly, he acquired copies of the sets. That was my first experience with Phish. All that being said, Bobby and Phil have done a great job over the years of keeping the music alive and putting together lots of great musicians as the years have progressed.
Well put. I was only 7 when jerry passed and never had pleasure. I remember the day still tho.
Hopped on phish tour when they came back in 09 and now i got a desk job but still try to scrape together enough time to see as many shows as i can. These new guys Goose are the closest thing to that "big" sound ive heard from anybody coming onto the scene.
See you out there! Thank god its back.

thcoso

thcoso

Basic Amended Water for Early Veg

Tomorrow will be day 14 of veg, so it is time to start amending the water and adjusting for pH.

In the photos I have 4 gallons of RO water 7.5 pH reading 2ppm.

To the 4 gallon of water I add:

1.5 tablespoons of Epsom Salt
2 tablespoons of RotStop (this is 1/16th the listed strength)
2 tablespoons of Grandmas's Molasses
22ml of pH Down to drop the pH to between 5.5-5.9

This water will be applied as needed in place of plain pH adjusted RO water depending on each plant's response it.

TempImageTNsMrU
TempImageBVrZag

TempImagewo78KZ

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter

When I did it I was just wanting to do something with my plants instead of being patient. It didn’t negatively impact them and eventually when they are fully mature they begin straightening out. I had em like some bonsai trees but next run I’m waiting to fold em over till they are bigger.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Things are looking great. Looks like your lined up for some explosive growth here in a bit.

thcoso

thcoso

When I did it I was just wanting to do something with my plants instead of being patient. It didn’t negatively impact them and eventually when they are fully mature they begin straightening out. I had em like some bonsai trees but next run I’m waiting to fold em over till they are bigger.
To act or not to act is the constant question. The more you grow, the more you loose the "do something just to do something" urge-especially when you start following a day-by-day-type schedule that I can easily compare to pasts grows of mine or grows I worked on with a friend. I do disagree with one word you used above "BONSAI" is not what any grower wants. A bonsai is made by having a very old plant that is kept in a small state through constant cutting over years-and-years. I do not want to stop my plants from growing. I want to stop 75% of the vertical growth and concentrate that growth horizontally as I top, causing the plant to split off creating more horizontal growth that occurs at 45-90 degree angles to the main stalk. My next grow my be "sea of green" with 20 plants in 25 sq ft where I will perform zero LST by bending the plants over. That is not part of that method, but topping to cause more vertical splitting during the short veg per the method. Remember, all training is chosen with an end goal in mind. If you have no end goal, then the end goal is to discover a new LST technique and how it affects the end product.

Also, it's almost impossible to negatively impact a photoperiod plant with a strong root system with basic LST during veg. Almost anything you do that does not kill the plant can be recovered from in 2-4 weeks of undisturbed, well fed and properly watered growth time.

So, being impulsive is fine as long as you write down everything you do and its outcome. Good or bad, if you do this, it is a lesson learned. If you discover a cool new technique, cool, tell the world. And the reverse is also true. If you discover a terrible technique, tell the world so someone may either not repeat it or tweak it, making it work.

Last edited:
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
To act or not to act is the constant question. The more you grow, the more you loose the "do something just to do something" urge-especially when you start following a day-by-day-type schedule that I can easily compare to pasts grows of mine or grows I worked on with a friend. I do disagree with one word you used above "BONSAI" is not what any grower wants. A bonsai is made by having a very old plant that is kept in a small state through constant cutting over years-and-years. I do not want to stop my plants from growing. I want to stop 75% of the vertical growth and concentrate that growth horizontally as I top, causing the plant to split off creating more horizontal growth that occurs at 45-90 degree angles to the main stalk. My next grow my be "sea of green" with 20 plants in 25 sq ft where I will perform zero LST by bending the plants over. That is not part of that method, but topping to cause more vertical splitting during the short veg per the method. Remember, all training is chosen with an end goal in mind. If you have no end goal, then the end goal is to discover a new LST technique and how it affects the end product.

Also, it's almost impossible to negatively impact a photoperiod plant with a strong root system with basic LST during veg. Almost anything you do that does not kill the plant can be recovered from in 2-4 weeks of undisturbed, well fed and properly watered growth time.

So, being impulsive is fine as long as you write down everything you do and its outcome. Good or bad, if you do this, it is a lesson learned. If you discover a cool new technique, cool, tell the world. And the reverse is also true. If you discover a terrible technique, tell the world so someone may either not repeat it or tweak it, making it work.
I had them “like” bonsai trees it was just an analogy and I do wrote everything I do down in my notebook. My watering as, how many oz, feeding, and anything else under the sun. My findings were it did not harm the plant and it straightened itself out over time. I do feel it helped trained up side branches faster but still was not needed. Here are my results from topping, lst, supercropping, and scrogging. First indoor grow in organic living soil… you gotta be selectively impulsive lol
754F0A9B 887B 4862 870A 705E5B24846F
7BC83C66 F438 4AB3 9409 79C6D8EBBAC0
A3D52CAC DEEC 4A2A 801A 1C8CB1C6221F

thcoso

thcoso

Veg Day 13: LBC and HH
I had them “like” bonsai trees it was just an analogy and I do wrote everything I do down in my notebook. My watering as, how many oz, feeding, and anything else under the sun. My findings were it did not harm the plant and it straightened itself out over time. I do feel it helped trained up side branches faster but still was not needed. Here are my results from topping, lst, supercropping, and scrogging. First indoor grow in organic living soil… you gotta be selectively impulsive lolView attachment 1143561View attachment 1143562View attachment 1143563

Dude!!!! You Crushed this grow! In pic 1, the plant on the far right is beautiful. Assuming you have a good dry and cure, in 2 months, I'd love to taste your lady..............plant that is..........

thcoso

thcoso

Things are looking great. Looks like your lined up for some explosive growth here in a bit.
I hope so. I work hard in the beginning so late veg and flower are easy and I spend as little time as possible chasing down and fixing problems later. Keeping them happy is not hard: give them what they want, then, get out of their way until they tell you they need something else. then, REPEAT.............

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Veg Day 13: LBC and HH

Dude!!!! You Crushed this grow! In pic 1, the plant on the far right is beautiful. Assuming you have a good dry and cure, in 2 months, I'd love to taste your lady..............plant that is..........
Thanx man I worked super hard on my closet build and the grow itself. 4 different strains I have purple ayahuasca(super purple nugs), blue og, LSD, and the frostiest of them all ghost 👻 🚂 haze! Pic attached below and I left some growth on her so I can reveg her to be a mother. I have a 3x3 tent for my dry/cure with an ac infinity exhausting right into my mother/veg tent. Temps are a steady 70F with a RH off 58%. So I’m really going for a slow dry and cure. I’ve come this far I’m making sure I’m finishing strong as this part is overlooked by many new growers.
4C467B92 8988 4A19 8D72 F05AFC4CEFE9
60B26B73 3374 4A0F 9C8E 9FB90F8AD8B9

thcoso

thcoso

Veg Day 14: Transplant to 5 gal for LBC and HH

I planned to wait 7-10 days before I transplanted any of the girls. However, all decisions are made with the end goal in mind. LBC and HH are growing at a faster pace than expected. To make my ladies have the horizontal growth I want, I had to transplant to larger pots. Basically, they had so much horizontal growth that they were growing off the side of the pot.

Here is my flawless, step-by-step transplant.

Step 1: fill 5 gal a few days early with a deep watering to activate the organics.
TempImageW4tAwU

Step 2: Use a pot the same size as the one being transplanted to create the correct size hole.
Notice I made the hole off center. This is due to the LST. It allows for more horizontal growth before reaching the edge of the pot.

TempImagecvV6MM
TempImage6xrdXl

TempImagetkWvHf
TempImagenqvuUB

Step 3: Remove the Plant and its Root Ball

TempImagegtb04k

Step 4: Place Root Ball in Hole. It should fit perfectly

TempImageyrcMG3
TempImagel0qcP5

TempImageUDnpWc
TempImageogwfwo

TempImageU7sXY4
TempImagegaxwOI

Last edited:
thcoso

thcoso

Looks great,
are you pinching these several times for your branch spread ? Or fiming ?
No, I am doing nothing but bending right now. I will top LBC today w/o a doubt and top HH either today or tomorrow. 14B is growing so slowly that she is setting her own schedule. I wont mess with her until she tells me to. The plants will talk if you learn how to listen.

thcoso

thcoso

Thanx man I worked super hard on my closet build and the grow itself. 4 different strains I have purple ayahuasca(super purple nugs), blue og, LSD, and the frostiest of them all ghost 👻 🚂 haze! Pic attached below and I left some growth on her so I can reveg her to be a mother. I have a 3x3 tent for my dry/cure with an ac infinity exhausting right into my mother/veg tent. Temps are a steady 70F with a RH off 58%. So I’m really going for a slow dry and cure. I’ve come this far I’m making sure I’m finishing strong as this part is overlooked by many new growers. View attachment 1143640View attachment 1143641
Love it!!! Your plant look awesome. The only thing I see is they are still really green. What kind of flush did you do?

YES!!!! You have come this far, don't be impulsive now. But, it's ok to start smoking it as soon as it dries. It's actually fun to taste them as they cure. They go from being harsh and hard to inhale to smooth and head crushing in just a few weeks. My last grow I staggered the harvest of the 8 plants over a few weeks. The last few plants are just now finishing up their cure and over the past 10 days have really gotten smooth.

thcoso

thcoso

Looks great,
are you pinching these several times for your branch spread ? Or fiming ?
That being said, if the stalks needed me to do some pinching and rolling to loosen the cell structures making them bendable w/o breaking, I would be doing it. But, that is the reason I start as early as possible. I'm making all bends so early in the plant's life that it has not had time to develop "woody" stalks yet. Another couple of weeks and that is not the case. Trying to bend the main stalk near the soil that late is not possible w/o pinching and rolling.

thcoso

thcoso

Veg Day 15: Topped LBC and HH; transplanted 14 Bombers to 5 gal

LBC is looking very happy. Her leaves are not showing any signs of light stress nor any soil issues. She is not showing any negative stress from being topped. To the contrary, she appears to be splitting her main stalk just as she should. I waited till node 5, makes me wish I’d topped a couple of days ago at node 4.
Head Hunter is not showing any signs I’d stress, but she is not as robust as LBC and some of her leaves are curling down, as if she is a little light stressed. I’m gonna raise the light on her side and see if her leaves straighten back out.
14 Bombers’ root ball was barely visible when I did the transplant. The soil stayed packed so I have little concern she will suffer any transplant shock.
648DD5B2 C68E 4B94 A2B7 B92CA690F991
0A090255 CCC3 4DC3 BF2F 90FBDBD4ED5D
269A06DD 3389 45BA 8DB2 DFF7FBFF7810
88BFFF89 CA4D 4367 B1EC F12EF6823485
901B6F62 B1E2 43C7 8B4C 0FB21F87A2D2

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Love it!!! Your plant look awesome. The only thing I see is they are still really green. What kind of flush did you do?

YES!!!! You have come this far, don't be impulsive now. But, it's ok to start smoking it as soon as it dries. It's actually fun to taste them as they cure. They go from being harsh and hard to inhale to smooth and head crushing in just a few weeks. My last grow I staggered the harvest of the 8 plants over a few weeks. The last few plants are just now finishing up their cure and over the past 10 days have really gotten smooth.
I cut most of the main fan leaves off but I would say out of the 4 she didn’t fade as much either. No flush just water when dry. Organic living soil with roots organics terp tea dry amendments. Top dressed her week 3 of flower for the last feeding and then used compost teas thru out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom