PCG: Lemon Berry Crisp, Headhunter and 14 Bombers Strains Grow Diary

• Thread starter thcoso
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
thcoso

thcoso

I cut most of the main fan leaves off but I would say out of the 4 she didn’t fade as much either. No flush just water when dry. Organic living soil with roots organics terp tea dry amendments. Top dressed her week 3 of flower for the last feeding and then used compost teas thru out.
Usually about 21 days out from my planned harvest I stop all nutes and begin to over water by 50-100%. As clear becomes cloudy, I start to flush more and more unitI get the ppm run off under 125, even if I have to flush 30 or more gallons per plant the last 10-14 days. It makes for a much smother and shorter cure and it's the way to force photo periods to show their fall colors and remove more chlorophyll.

thcoso

thcoso

Day 15 veg: topped 14 Bombers

1EA8DF54 7168 4188 A637 F925B48E0982

thcoso

thcoso

Veg day 16: deep watering with 1/2 cal mag and 1/2 RO water pH 5.77

2F7D362B E770 4AB0 9D34 D24BD4070DFD
953065CF DA0F 4ED4 9B50 E7165D7EF579
C348867C D2B6 4891 8C47 D0E63FB4D266
55EC4677 E719 4425 9FC7 9E245489E253
258C9EE6 170D 4D2B 8214 F03D09B556F4
15B03792 A5C4 456D 98AB C6DF273A5D10

thcoso

thcoso

As I mentioned at the beginning of this grow, I’m headed to Jamaica to find some new genetics to add to the local grow community. I won’t be posting in this grow diary for the next 8 days. I set up a simple hydroponic drip that will begin in 4 days feeding 1/3 gal per plant with a repeat feeding on the following Saturday.

thcoso

thcoso

SCORE!!! I flew for over 14 hours and drove over land for almost 9 hours (both ways) to make it to Negril, Jamaica to acquire some new genetics. It is legal here but they are less precise with their strains. Here are female seeds for a general kush strain, a general strawberry strain and general raspberry strain. Their genetics beyond that are not listed and they act like it’s a little weird that I’m curious about the plants parents. Even info such as indica vs sativa is not available. But they are supposed to be all feminized. We will see if that’s true.
542D9774 7637 4CDB B38C F7CE32E61E85

thcoso

thcoso

Day 25 Veg:

Terribly Bad News:

At some point over the past 8 days of me being seed hunting in Jamaica and not being in my garden, the main timer became disconnected to the power source by a freak accident leaving the ladies in total dark for an unknown number of days--at least 4 days, but I think it was more, if not almost all 8 days. The ladies showed almost no growth. The topping I did had only sprouted a few millimeters, which was close to where they were when I left; however, the growth was yellowish/brown and turned down. This makes me think they were w/o light for 6 of the 8 cycles and the 8th cycle being when I noticed around 4pm--11 hours into its 18 hour cycle.

But, overall the plants look mostly green with some slight yellowing. HOWEVER, once I restarted the light, within a couple of hours all three began to show signs of extreme stress. All the leaves on all plants are quickly and drastically shrinking and turning yellow with the ends and edges dying. The main stalks are losing their color. So, I decided to do the same process as if young vegging plants have transplant shock. I raised the light, switched it to 24 hours of light and raised the humidity level to 85%; however, I have not added humidity due to the insane amount of rain we have had, which is keeping the RH in the upper 90's. If needed, I will add a pan of water with a rag touching it on one end and attached to the fan on the other to up the RH as the ladies recover.

9:32pm-- almost 30 hours into their recovery, it is now obvious that 14 Bombers is dead. All leaves are either dead or almost dead and it shows no signs of any new, green growth. To the contrary, it is shrinking and turning white.

LBC is not looking happy, but not all her leaves are dead; its stalk is still mostly green and there is signs of fresh, new green growth from inside the bottom node. However the tops I split will probably be removed tomorrow if they dont show recovery. There is no need to waste what little energy the photosynthesis provides on necrosis. I needs to concentrate the growth on the bottom nodes. If recovery stalls anymore or doesnt show enough recovery, I will probably top it back down to node 2 or 3 then essentially repeat veg starting around day 12-15 since that is where they were in height at that time.

Headhunter--like LBC it is still mostly green with dead leaf tips and some dying edges. The stalk is mostly green and it is showing some new, green growth on the lower nodes.. I think it is suffering from some light shock that LBC seems to not show. Hopefully, once the light shock passes, new growth will reoccur.

As for 14 bombers, I will not be dropping another seed this grow.

LBC and HH will no longer follow the grow parameters I set for these 3 plants: make lots of clones, once it is obvious there is at least 1 strong clone growing from each plant, flip the original mamas and flower them while the clones veg to become isolated mama plants that will provide many generations of clones.

Instead, I am dropping 6 of my newly acquired Jamaican seeds: 2 strawberry, 2 raspberry and 2 Jamaican Kush. These 6 plants will become seedlings and hopefully catch up in size to LBC and HH over the next 14 days as they recover from the light loss along with another topping topping in a few days to remove all stems and leaves that appear to be draining and straining the plant as the dying parts use up the little amounts of energy and nutrients being produced.

I do not plan to do any excessive training other than some very basic LST, topping and lollypopping.

TempImage9AmdyN
TempImagegKKlbL
TempImagezOLnyO
TempImagedZ6VyC
TempImage1OT0nF

thcoso

thcoso

Veg Day 31

Plant Shock Recovery Day 8

Since I discovered my 3 ladies were in shock from 4-7 days of complete darkness. Over the past 7 days, the ladies have really taken different paths in their recovery.

When I have moderate-severe transplant shock, my typical fix is to:

a. isolate the plant
b. place it under 24 light but lower the intensity
c. raise the RH to no less than 80% (90% if possible)
d. raise the heat to no less than 80 degrees f

Usually within 2-5 days the plant will completely recover.

So, I am trying this same approach with these ladies except:
I will not raise the RH nor Temp for more than 36 hours since they all have developed root systems leaving me to believe they will be able to process water better than a plant in transplant shock.

The results have been drastically different for each strain.

Lemon Berry Crisp—

She has made a complete recovery and shows little signs of any shock, except for a couple of fan leaves swith some yellow spots.
TempImage38i3Uk

Head Hunter—

In the beginning, this plant looked just like LBC in both size, leaf color and amount of overall distress. However, as soon as the 24 hour light schedule started, it was obvious she was not happy. She instantly turned all leaves in a downward curl away from the light. So, I lowered the light intensity on her, which seemed to help. By day the 4, her old growth was almost all yellow, but she had all new growth sprouting out of node 1. So, I made the decision to cut my losses and top her back down to node 1. I know she has a strong root system that should be able to sustain the plant over the next couple of weeks while she concentrates her energy on making more chlorophyll producing foliage for photosynthesis. Until then, I imagine all root production will stop.

TempImageqxCEYn

14 Bombers—

this girl is the most impressive. She is in the worst shape; she has been almost dead for the past 7 days, but she keeps on living. She was always the slowest to develop, and I declared her dead when I found them last week. But, she refuses to quit. Every day she shows a little more green foliage. Like Head Hunter, she had most of her fan leaves ruined by the dark shock, but I did not have to top her back down to node 1. She may outgrow the HH over the next couple of weeks.

TempImageSqynby

Tomorrow will be day 8 since I started their 24 hours of light. Since LBC is thriving, I will return her dark hours. I may begin with a graduated schedule:

days 1 and 2: 20/4

day 3 and 4: 19/5

day 5: 18/6 normal schedule

All Three:
TempImagexNxdyw

HH and 14 Bombers will be moved to another tent and kept under 24/0 for a few more days too help promote as much chlorophyll containing foliage as possible to provide enough energy via photosynthesis to sustain a dark cycle. I plan to keep them in 24/0 until they produce 2-4 full fan leaves to feed the new growth. At some point along the way, I will introduce them to a graduated light/dark as well, but I may proceed even more slowly to help reduce any more shock:

day 1: 22/2

day 2: 21/3

day 3: 20/4

day 4: 19/I 5

day 6: 18/6

Last edited:
thcoso

thcoso

Day 32 Veg: Light Change both fixtures and time

To accommodate the different needs of these 3 ladies, and to prepare for the 3 new Jamaican strains I have sprouting in my seedling/clone tent, I will be replacing the MarsHydro SP150 I'm currently using in this grow and replacing it with my TS3000. This light has a dimmer, which will make it work for LBC and I'll move the SP150 along with HH and 14Bomb to another veg tent for a few more days of 24/0 light.

Starting at 2am, LBC will begin a 20/4 light schedule that I will probably keep her on for 2 cycles before switching to either 19/5 or straight to 18/6.

And to put me in a "veg" state, I made some cookies with some butter I made from my last grow!!!!!

TempImagemkvuxn
TempImagekFgW7V

thcoso

thcoso

July 26: Veg Day 32: 1 am (One hour before 1st dark for Lemon Berry Crisp since entering shock recovery 7.5 days ago)

It is no joke that every grow is different; documenting is a must.

This was supposed to be a simple 3 plant grow for the purpose of 1) producing a mama for cloning and 2) produce flowers

Simple, as in----drop seeds---grow plants---early lst, then get out of their way for 6 weeks---organic grow with good soil-------Simple!!!! NOT Ta-Day!

This grow has become a split grow due to the plants drastically different abilities' to adjust to the dark-light shock they sustained. Trying to log all three of them in a single journal will be confusing; therefore, I'm closing this diary, at least using it to cover all three plants. LBC shows no sings of shock; HH and 14B need lots more TLC.

As its stands now, this grow and its stated purpose have ceased. Maybe to return, should Ja provide.

thcoso

thcoso

7/29/21: Day 35: Veg

All 3 ladies have recovered and are looking strong. All of them are back to receiving dark; however, it is only 4 hours a day. This will increase Sunday night (14 days from time lights were turned back on)

Since the last post, all 3 have received a thick top dressing of Fox Farms Ocean Forrest amended with:
Roots Organic Uprising Grow
Althalpha Meal
Bone Meal
Peat Moss
Watered with RO water pH 5.8 with 1 teaspoon of molasses per gallon

All three are under a MarsHydro TS-3000 set to 55% at 20 inches

LST has been resumed to all 3, but only LBC is still following my original LST model. HH and 14B are both following a "mainline" style of LST that will cause them to have less horizontal growth than LBC. But since my new plan doesn't require the amount of veg growth as before, it prob wont make a difference in the end.
TempImagetnRIMm
TempImageZFDOTV
TempImageLNH3h2
TempImage39mwUh

thcoso

thcoso

The LST on LBC is really starting to show my original plan. The 6 main lines that I have now will eventually become 10 main stalks that will be tied down to the side of the pot. The lollipopping I did last night shows where the main lines are. Here are the before and after shots showing this.
1FDC8FBF 7B93 4FFE 8EEB 6F7F5442A2F8
E7D4830E F4E7 4549 9770 F2BD037925BF

Latest posts

Top Bottom