PCIA Q&A or debilitating phenome?

• Thread starter kidknicky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kidknicky

kidknicky

I've been told that our clones come from a reputable, responsible grower using latest practices etc. We've been experiencing crop reductions and I think the red flag for me was loss of nose on this particular gas strain that we have had success with in the past. The 3, wk4 pics(going into wk5), are and have been exhibiting these traits, leaf growing though or with the new bud sights. Also, notice the tight bud spacing (I'm told this is from LPGR). The plants appear very healthy and vibrant with little to non of the usual HPLVD signs. But I have removed hermy branched or thin, under developed branches(week, floppy).
 wk4 db pic01

wk4 db pic02

wk4 db pic03

Fast forward to the 4, wk10 pics. These are coming down this week. Notice the bud spacing and leaf through the bud, similar to wk4. Size are maybe ping pong balls. They show nice sugar qualities, but again, minimal(if non) nose on a mature room. They had a stressor at approximately week 4 to week 5 with PM. We treated with a spray of Lost Coast. This may have contributed to a lock-out situation resulting in under developed bud sites. Having said that, plants at that stage showed no sign of nutrient burn or nutrient lockout prior to PM onset. I believe a trim machine was moved between sites and then not sterilized properly.
 wk10 db pic01

wk10 db pic02

wk10 db pic03

wk10 db pic04

Possibly this is a PCIA variant and it's on us to find out. We grow in coco+perlite on a GH feed schedule mixed in RO. All standard stuff under mixed Gavitas and LED's.

I will update this post with samples from our top floor rooms, same strain and clone house but with different outcome / problems. This is a huge concern and it's not going away. Hoping to get some feedback and develop strategies for prevention. I have watched the latest video interviews, which led me here:
-----

kidknicky

kidknicky

I will update this post with samples from our top floor rooms, same strain and clone house but with different outcome / problems. This is a huge concern and it's not going away. Hoping to get some feedback and develop strategies for prevention. I have watched the latest video interviews, which led me here:
-----
I've gotten some feedback from 3 other shows. Although I have not seen this with my own eye's, I have to assume that the site(s) owner is speaking legit. Having said that, preliminary feedback is that the 2 "R/O" equipped shows (mine being one) are exhibiting these growth anomalies and the 2 shows on city water are producing as expected (better). This is not the path I had anticipated, but it's a start...

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

I'm told this is from LPGR).
What that stands for?
Im experiencing similar wierdness with a cut that i selected from seed a couple years ago, and last run started to grow very muntant style i would say with lots of red hairs...weird bud structure and branching....big time loose of quality and terps.
Im running togheter another strain that doesent seems affected at all, neither this run....
I dont swap clones and i dont allow nobody in the growarea, that i visit with dedicated clothes...
Last run i got some thrips around but quickly eliminated em.....i read that they could carry that disease...
Im not even sure im dealing with this virus, but to me could be a genetic response of our ultra fuckedup frankenstein cuts that decide to mutate under certain condition of "stress" that we dont reconize as such, like the practice of taking clone of a clone or running perpetual grows from stressed mothers (Not unhealthy but simply kept on veg stage for long periods of time) !?
Some genetic will be ok and other freak out on the long run ?!

Maybe its time to change mothers and start new phenohunts....
Ill post pics tomorrow of my possible infected pants....

kidknicky

kidknicky

Oh, apologies: LPGR = "Liquid Plant Growth Regulator" Not something I would recommend, just sayin.
I've tested "Negative Differential" and I have experienced first hand that it does work.
DIF https://www.maximumyield.com/definition/3142/daynight-differential-dif
I've seen results at -4 degrees at 1.5 hours minimum.
Anyways, off topic, I have to agree about genetics. Suspect #1 and I know nothing about the tissue processes.
However, even the smallest amount of stresses seem to be easily triggering unusual growth behavior.
There must be something there. People are trying to farm untouched stock from other countries, like Afghanistan.
Is this another "Banana" pandemic? In our race to unlock the most heavenly terps, what are we actually creating...or destroying?
I wish I knew more. It wasn't like this when I started 4 years ago.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Sorry fot he bad pic but i couldnt pull em off the rellis
This one is the strain that this and previous run freaked out after a year of solid top notch buds...Its a top cola in the pic!!! usuallyhas a perfect structure and big bud forming but now are just nugs...
DSCN1378
DSCN1376

Im running togheter another strain that is not affected at all, that really makes me thinkin a bout a debilitating pheno more than a virus....I recycle soil since more than a year...
DSCN1377

Ill keep playn with That cut cause its fire , maybe ill try to plant it in new soil or rockwool and see what happen....

kidknicky

kidknicky

Sorry fot he bad pic but i couldnt pull em off the rellis
Oh my, those symptoms are familiar. We are sending samples out for tissue tests. I will let post when we have results.
If they are clean, as advertised, it would seem that our phenome is no longer viable. We use coco/perlite @ 70/30, fresh
every plant. Strain is "Death Bubba" and it seems Kush strains keep popping up in these scenarios.
Other symptoms include:
- minimal or non existent gas in the room, may or may not smell like hay
(we are talking week 5 to finish)
- after the cure, they are not the same. That gas profile is not coming through
- not nearly as heavy, Our DB usually leaves you comatose, couch locked, now it isn't nearly as heavy and effects last half as long...

Top Bottom