Peroxide question

• Thread starter romulan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

romulan

I add a tablespoon of 3% peroxide to a gallon of water per plant evey few days in between nutrient feeding days. My question is does the peroxide neutralize or kill the effects of the nutrients I add?

resinryder

resinryder

Good question regarding the nutes. I know peroxide will kill off the beneficial herd, kills off fungus gnats(or is the 35% used for gnats)and add an oxygen blast to the root zone, but don't know of its effects on the nutes. I don't believe it will effect the nutes tho from what I can remember. Looking forward to someone answering with more experience on this one.

I

I B L

Premium Member
Supporter
:nowink:no it wont impact your nutes negatively .. as long as u stay 3% 1tbls per gallon is fine...its like a bubble air stone..watch out for 35% its caustic at that % :nowink:

R

romulan

Thankyou Im growing Northern Lights x Haze and Romulan which I started in mid May, My Northern Lights x Haze are in full bloom and my Romulan are taking there time . My only pest problems are a minor White Fly infestation, and Tomato Hornworms which I have repelled sucessfully for now. This is a great site! Thankyou once again!

Q

Quicksilver

I'm not sure that a tablespoon of 3% per gallon of water would have a significant impact on either rootzone oxygen levels, or be enough to kill microbes there. Not saying either is impossible, just that it's a pretty dilute solution.

Next grow, I'd recommend working plenty of perlite, fired clay granules, or other oxygen holding media into the ground before planting. This will help the roots breathe well, and still allow a healthy population of mycorrhizal fungi to thrive if you don't have to add the peroxide.

R

romulan

What would be a safe level of 3% peroxide per gallon? I want to add enough to benefit the root system and yet not be so caustic as to lose the crop.

Q

Quicksilver

What would be a safe level of 3% peroxide per gallon? I want to add enough to benefit the root system and yet not be so caustic as to lose the crop.

Can't give speak to that aspect, bro, as I haven't worked much with the peroxide. Whatever advice you get though, proceed with caution. Start well below recommended maximums. There are too many variables in a soil environment for anyone to be able to predict a well defined safe max level for your particular conditions.

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
:nowink:no it wont impact your nutes negatively .. as long as u stay 3% 1tbls per gallon is fine...its like a bubble air stone..watch out for 35% its caustic at that % :nowink:
Follow this guys advice he grows the best weed ive ever smoked :cool:

Top Bottom