Perpetual Micro SCROG + Introductionm + Journal

• Thread starter stupidthing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

stupidthing

So your saying I should putt 'em back in veg? That would mean they will get huge! I don't think that's necessary. They seem pretty healthy now. maybe a little bit of shock and nute burn.
I rushed it because they were so big. I was supposed to have clones vegging, and these into flowering long ago. If I had the space I could have put them under the 400w I have boxed up and crammed in the attic. But I'm spilling out of my house as it is. But my usage needs are not much. And an ounce lasts me for many months.

I've already got them trained to the screen, and lower leaves trimmed. They look pretty happy to me. I've seen healthier. But 15 years ago during my first grow, I was really evil to several plants. I don't know how many of them survived at all. My grows only got better after I found a now perished cannabis forum Over Grow.
That site then, and the Farmer now, have been very helpful to me. Thanks all.

Edit: The fans that finally came are not as I had hoped. I will have to find a different fan. I'm having difficulty in finding one that will move enough air and be small enough under $50ea. I need four.

CIMG0303
CIMG0304
S

stupidthing

I just realized that my light has been tuning off 3 hours earlier. My digital timer has 20 freegin programs and i had made program 2 turn off at midnight (by accident). It's supposed to turn on @ 1600 and off @ 4.

Any fall out from this?

S

stupidthing

Well, I switched to 12/12 on the 9th, so this is the 8th day of flower. I think I'm going to have to do away with the screen. They are too big. They haven't even started stretching.
My bubble cloner has failed me again. But I had some little sprigs that were too small and numerous for the cloner. So i just soaked some coco fiber and plunked them in. They are rooting. But, I didn't keep track of which ones were who. But at least I have clones and don't have to start from seed.

CIMG0306
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I said I thought you rushed flipping to 12/12 because the plant was seriously looking like crap. It was only 2 days later you flipped and that was after you root rinsed it, transplanted in a different medium and it was already over watered and super stressed out with the claw. I think you should have continued nursing it back to health and given it a good week or so after a complete medium switch.

But then on 2/12 you posted a picture where it did look better. The claw is gone. They are pale but looking much better. The pics tonight though show the claw look is back. They are looking overwatered and underfed. It could be underfed because of ph problem or you are just underfeeding. Or maybe they are green and it is just the lighting. But they have the claw for sure.

How much and how often are you watering?

Are the leaves nice and green or are they pale like in the pictures?

You should tie it down to the screen as it stretches and grows until the stretch is over. You can make it bigger by extending it with sticks or tomato stake pieces.

You have to get this plant straightened out because things just get worse in flowering if there are deficiencies going in.

S

stupidthing

Actually I haven't been feeding at all. it looked as though it were over fed shortly after I put in the soil. I used Miracle Grow organic. It said on the bag it fed for 3 months. Figured i was good for at least one. I don't have any soil testing equipment and don't plan on buying any. And I don't have any soil nutrients.
I'm getting frustrated with this. I've done a few grows. Never had one this problematic. My last few were all Apollo 11 from mother. Easiest thing in the world to grow w/ good harvest. I guess i got spoiled.

BTW I water when needed. about every two days. I guess i could mix up some really weak hydro nutes and water with that tomorrow, see if they perk up.

S

stupidthing

11 days into flower and things are looking good. I guess these girls are really sensitive to watering. I let them get drier than I thought safe before I watered again. They perked right up and this is two days later.

I took the screen out. they were way over grown for it.

CIMG0309
CIMG0308
CIMG0307
S

stupidthing

Things went okay while I was away. I had a trusted friend watch my dogs and garden while I went to the Caribbean for a week. Fantastic time. All inclusive is the only way to go. The only thing I brought back was some cigars.

My friend has no green thumb what so ever. So i was little nervous leaving him in charge for a week. I didn't even leave him directions on what to do if the clones started rooting. Which they have, finally!
I'm having such a hard time with rooting. Every clone I've tried in my bubble cloner has failed. But, when I was trimming for the screen I snipped of lots of little sprouts from the lower branches. I simply stuck them in a Wendy's salad bowl full of coco fiber and put the lid on. It has taken 19 days, but these finally rooted. the longest root is about 10mm long. so last night I mixed up some super week nuts and flushed the bowl with it. They have turned a little greener. They might just make it. They don't look very pretty. but after they got some nitrogen they look a lot better.

As far as the overgrown bitches go, they are fine. NOt as happy as I would like them. I still am loosing some fan leaves to yellowing. I'm a little confused on what to do. I'm using hydroponic nutes in soil. I'm using CalMag+ and PBP Bloom mixed to about 500 PPM as a best guess. They both have N in them. Almost as much as the Grow formula.
Should I bump it up?

CIMG0311
CIMG0313
CIMG0314
CIMG0320
S

stupidthing

I hope these pics will give you guys an idea what I'm dealing with here. The pile of leaves is two days worth.
I ahve to have some kind of deficiency. I've been looking around and I can't seem to find any images that resemble what my plants look like. It's making it hard to tell.
Every day I pull off both light yellow leaves and smaller leaves that are brown and dry. Like they've been there like that for weeks (but haven't)They haven't drooped like the over watering in a while.

Also, these girls are the same age. both went into flower on the 9th of Feb. so what is that, 24 days. one plant is more advanced than the other. I don't know why. could be stress.

I bumped up the nutes about 20% three days ago. I think I just ended added a mild case of nute burn.

CIMG0324
CIMG0323
CIMG0346
CIMG0334
CIMG0333
S

stupidthing

an over due update. I harvested the two plants in soil. they weren't ready as far as potency goes, but I just couldn't keep them happy. they had barely any fan leaves left. I got a little over two ounces dry/trimmed if you count all the popcorn buds.

Meanwhile, the clones I took are very happy. But I don't think these are Strawberry Kush. They have stretched like crazy. I only have room for two in my bloom room. I had to throw together another bloom box for the third plant and it filled it up and bumped the lamp a few times. I have another that has been big enough for 12/12 for over a month. I have trimmed it back several times. But I don't think I will be able to use it. I've taken some cutting from it. by the time they root and veg, my bloom room should be empty.
I will harvest the auxiliary bloom box in a couple or three weeks. That plant has been making sugar for a couple of weeks. But the buds aren't that big. I am hoping they will fatten up more. I haven't been using screens because they stretched so much, and I think my weight is down because if it. all the bending and tying up, then re-tying changes which buds are taller or something.
I've got enough from my harvest to last a while. I'm going to start over with the new clones and get my timing down.

I really like the Pure Blend Pro nutes. The plants seem to love them. I don't see much fluctuation in pH or PPM. very stable. In my aux box I've had the PPM up to 2000 with no burn. I normally keep it around 1500 though.

I'll post pics later.

S

stupidthing

They were alright. Not great. Seriously had no flavor. Nothing, not even the burnt leaf taste of shwag. But it still got me off. I think I got right around 2 onces from the two sick plants.
The second harvest was better, but i think I jumped the gun on harvest. I didn't have a loop at that time and I was under the impression that these plants had an 8 week bloom period. I harvested right at 5 onces from the one plant that bloomed under 150 watts.
My third (upcomming) harvest is going to be great. two plants and they are full bodied ladies. I'm sure I'm going to have more than 5 oz. I'm hoping for 8. But I'm @ 8 weeks on my third harvest and still mostly clear crystals. I want to wait until no clear, mostly cloudy and some amber. But they seem to have stalled. If these seed were Strawberry Kush, they are not the ones I researched.
After the clones shoot roots, they will hang out in the veg box for about two or three weeks doing very little. then they slowly start to grow for about a week or two. then I won't look at them for a few days and BAM! they are touching the glass under the CFLs. They stretch like crazy. Then they are too big the bloom room and too soon at that.
I found a cool 1960s Hifi cabinet I converted with a 150 HPS and two 4" PC fans. But my perpetual harvest thing has gone out the window. I need more space in all directions to do it the way I wanted. These girls just stretch too much.

I know I promised pics, but I still haven't replaced my camera from when the dog ate it. All I have is my phone camera. I've taken pictures, but I'm a stoner and forget to upload them.

D

danseven

stupid thing all of the pic's from your first go looked like you had over watered! How warm does it get in your flower box? My last soil grow was under a 1000 w in a bedroom and I found that the average room tempter with the light on was about 90*. Where I live is very warm and dry so my room with the light on will only get down to about 83* with the main AC on and set to 72*. Any how I am sure that little box could not get much hotter than 90*, with all of the light on. If you go to your local home improvement store and get a soil wetness meter, I think they are like $15 at the most, it will tell you on a daily how moist your soil is. Plus never use any miracle grow products for buds if you can avoid it. It has too much nitrogen in it! Bottom line is you drowned those plants, and that is why the leaves fell off.In that small box I would guess you only need to water those girls about once every 5 to 8 days, not every 2. In your clone machine I have found that keeping your water at 5.5 to 6.5 with 12 drops of Super Thrive(also available at home improvement stores) keeps most all of my cuts popping roots every time. My favorite quote I have heard about Super Thrive is, " The government made it." I use it from cut all the way until the last 3 weeks of flower. I get about 28 or 29 of my 30 cuts to pop roots in my clone machine with this method. Here is a photo of what I am doing now.
Flood table frame full view

S

stupidthing

stupid thing all of the pic's from your first go looked like you had over watered!
you are correct. the plant thought it was over watered. but the container wasn't. I had used coco fiber in the net pot because my only local hydro shop closed when I needed media "NOW". the coco wouldn't dry out enough.
But I put those girls out of their misery after i had a viable clone.

How warm does it get in your flower box? Any how I am sure that little box could not get much hotter than 90*, with all of the light on.
Max temp is 85*F. I want it cooler
If you go to your local home improvement store and get a soil wetness meter, I think they are like $15 at the most, it will tell you on a daily how moist your soil is.
No longer an issue. all hydro and doing well.
Plus never use any miracle grow products for buds if you can avoid it. It has too much nitrogen in it!
Yup, I agree with you. THe whole thing was lack of proper planning in my part. I took for granted the store would always be there and procrastinated.
I'm goign to update this thread right now....

S

stupidthing

finally the pics I promissed.

harvest of sick plant 1,

the rest are pics of my over crowded box. Don't have flash on the smart phone.

Because of a power outage, I'm going to harvest 5 days early tomorrow. I'll snap some pics out side the box too. By then, plants will have been in darkness for about 48 hours.

2011 04 17 202122
2011 05 07 184752
2011 06 14 223359
2011 06 14 223415
S

stupidthing

You might remember a post where I mentioned I made a kind of slow undercurrent. One of the pics down there show it. There is another tube in back connecting the buckets. this tube in front has an air stone and air line in it up to the bend. the air bubbles pull water from the left and into the right, then it flows out the back of the right and back into the left.
I was so tired of adjusting each bucket individually. I also noticed less and slower fluctuation when i did this. I cover the tube with a few towels to block the light. rear tube is black.

Bud shots are from several weeks ago.

CIMG0362
CIMG0364
CIMG0366
Top Bottom