Persistant hermie issue - not light leak related

• Thread starter EMC2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EMC2

EMC2

So I'm seeking help. I've had a recurring issue with my plants going herm. I've addressed everything that i can think of and it keeps happening. Need some expert opinions please.

I keep getting "true hermaphadites" that start showing week 2. Its only on certain strains in my room and never all of them.

Room is 12x10. (4) wall fans. Temp is 74-76. Humidity is 54-58. Lights are ThinkGrow LED 630W and they are about 18-24" from canopy.

I run straight coco in 5 gal pots with drain to waste. I water every 3 days right now. I've had issues with gnats in the past so I let my pots dry out (plants are not wilting at all when i feed).

I'm feeding Jacks 3-2-1 every feed with either Tribus or Recharge (Greengene's formula).

There are NO light leaks in my room. All the equipment is running properly. I have an iPonic that i monitor everything on and everything looks right on there.

Most recently, I got male sacs on my Papaya Cake, Ice Cream Cake, and a GG4xBwiz. I've had herm issues with other strains as well and it seems to only happen in the front half of my room. I originally thought some light was coming in under the entrance door so I covered that up with black plastic and the issue happened again this run.

I've replaced all my fans that gave off any kind of light, every piece of equipment that has light is covered by black tape. Its pitch black in the room with lights off.

What else could be causing these issues for me?

My only thoughts are maybe air flow( I dont have a floor fan) or maybe I'm underfeeding? Im at a loss right now so any thoughts on what could be causing this would be super helpful.

Thanks farmers.

EMC2

EMC2

Also - the cuts I have don't herm for my friends that run them. So I believe its something I'm doing wrong. My buddy ran all of the same strains without any issues.

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

According to your post you have done nothing wrong......that leaves one of two things.

1. Genetics

2. Light leaks and/or stress

The very two things you claim are not it.

I don't believe in magic or ghost so I am pretty sure it's one of the two.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Stress induced most likely. Sometimes it’s just genetics but since your buddies don’t have an issue then the only other culprit would be stress.

EMC2

EMC2

According to your post you have done nothing wrong......that leaves one of two things.

1. Genetics

2. Light leaks and/or stress

The very two things you claim are not it.

I don't believe in magic or ghost so I am pretty sure it's one of the two.

So turns out my confidence was really just arrogance. After your post I went back in and sure enough, the red light on two of my power strips was leaking. The gorilla tape I had covering it melted off and looks like that could be it. So simple and something I thought I had already taken care of. And its right where i found the herms so good chance that might be the real issue.

Plants never looked stressed. No nutrient issues, never wilting between feeds, no pests this run. Hopefully it really was as simple as the power strip.

Thanks again for making me see the light..

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Just glad you figured it out!

I stopped counting how many times I was 4 million percent sure about something......only to find what I was so sure about was in fact, let's just say, not exactly accurate!! !!LOL!!

Your gonna do just fine!

Top Bottom