Personal Medical Grow in Coco. [Chem D, Grape Romulan, Grapefurit Haze, Casey Jones]

• Thread starter HighTolerance
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HighTolerance

Quick Update.

A coco expert has suggested to me that I start the Top Booster now on CJ. So I will feed the CJs 1/2 strength nutes for two days then start the Top Booster around day 34.

Any input on the subject of boosters would be appreciated, I am really interested in your personal experiences with boosters and their timing.

F

Frutty_Grower

Respect HT!!!! Awesome job mate:banana: your thread is my coco-guide...way to grow boy!!!

H

HighTolerance

Respect HT!!!! Awesome job mate:banana: your thread is my coco-guide...way to grow boy!!!

Hey brotha, welcome to the thread brotha. Thanks for your kind words man, appreciate it.

I am definitely what you would classify as a "coco lover."

Post away with any comments/concerns regarding coco anytime.

H

HighTolerance

Insomniaaa aaaaaaggghhh!!!

Damn INSOMNIA earns everyone a shot of Casey.

justiceman

justiceman

Nice dude just piked up a cut CJ. I hope mine looks as great as yours!:afroweed:

H

HighTolerance

Cola and Resin Alert!!

Quick Picture Update. :cool0010:

Constant battle with high temps, high humidity, and low light continues. :fighting0040:

A1
A2
A3
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Beautiful job HT... Especially when the ambient environment is working against you. :cool

H

HighTolerance

Beautiful job HT... Especially when the ambient environment is working against you. :cool

Thanks buddy, appreciate it man.

I know you know all about the whole fight with environmental issues. You girls certainly are looking on point even with the same problems I am experiencing with high temps.

M

mikegreenthumb

outside doesnt affect my grow room at all idk why prob cause i keep house same temp year round hmmmm

H

HighTolerance

Quick update.

Heat is getting harder and harder to deal with. Other than that Chemdog D seems to be having some issues.

Here are the pics let me know what you fellows think. Chem is on the same nute plan as everything else but the other girls aren't showing any similar leaf clawing. Note that I am only noticing the leaf claw in the chem on the highest set of leaves on the buds. Either the chem wants to be catered to differently or this is genetics. From time to time I do run into some shots with these claws in late bloom where the grower claims it to be genetic.

4p
5p
justiceman

justiceman

Cool bro, what kind of CJ cut is it. Did they mention the pheno. Best wishes to your CJ cut.

To be honest the pheno was not mentioned, although I feel somewhat foolish for not asking. I do know that CJ is suppose to be thai trainwreck x sour diesel? But of course that does not tell us the pheno. In all honest I am not really up to date with genetics and such. I really need to start doing research in that department because it is where I my knowledge surely lacks.]

Man I know what you mean about the heat. My grow room temps are on the rise:icon_dizzy:

Ya as for the leaf curl. It doesn't seem like you have too many of them. The plants overall look really healthy so I'm thinking it might either be a tad too much N or it could easily be genetics.

Those girls are looking fantastic. Damn look at how that CJ just stacks nuggets all the way down the stalk!

H

HighTolerance

To be honest the pheno was not mentioned, although I feel somewhat foolish for not asking. I do know that CJ is suppose to be thai trainwreck x sour diesel? But of course that does not tell us the pheno. In all honest I am not really up to date with genetics and such. I really need to start doing research in that department because it is where I my knowledge surely lacks.]

Man I know what you mean about the heat. My grow room temps are on the rise:icon_dizzy:

Ya as for the leaf curl. It doesn't seem like you have too many of them. The plants overall look really healthy so I'm thinking it might either be a tad too much N or it could easily be genetics.

Those girls are looking fantastic. Damn look at how that CJ just stacks nuggets all the way down the stalk!

Don't feel foolish bro for not asking, most folks out there don't know what phenos they are passing on anyways, I had to go out to my way to talk to the dude and find out the source of the cut, then I contacted the source and they said it was from first generation of a Shmoe cut. I still didn't want to believe it until GTD dropped by the thread to confirm.

Here is some info on the Casey from the breeder and big book of buds v3, respectively:

“Driving that Train(wreck) through Thailand with a sour Diesel engine, Casey Jones is the progeny of My Oriental Express mother (trainwreck x thai by billygoat seeds) crossed with the ECSD v3 papas, and i a polyhybrid certain to delight the mind and palate of sativa lovers. There is a bit of phenotypical variation with this cross, varying from fruity sativa dominance to a more dieselish aroma and growth. Look for these lovely ladies to finish up in 8 to 10 weeks.”

“This Variety multi-branches well, especially when trained. She prefers moderate feeding and grows to a final Height of 30-40 inches when forced to flower at 12-16 inches. When plants grown short with a single cola (SOG style), they yield an average of 1/3 to 1/2 ounce (10-14g). Grown large and trained, plants can yield up to 3.5 ounces(100g) each,

The Buds form like towers of calyxes, tight bud clusters, creating a looser cola, with colorful pistils that vary from orange to pink. The leaves have thin blades and stems may purple late in the flowering phase.
The Casey Jones flavor is a combination of the confection-like sweet Oriental Express and the citric sour of the Diesel. The high can be felt almost immediately and lasts about an hour and a half. This strain has an up effect with vividly trippy, thought provoking quality that can lead to mental wandering. Under its effects, one may feel a stronger sense of connectedness to self and others. Its good for creative activities that can benefit from an introspective mood and don't require intense right brain focus. Its less than ideal if you need to make plans, balance your checkbook or do other very linear activities. Go fly a kite, watch a movie, hike around in the outdoors, or engage in a little painting or other interpretive activity when indulging in Casey Jones. Do not drive a train!"

Yeah the temps too hot or too cold are a bitch to find, we aren't all lucky enough like Mike to have same temps in the house year round. ;(

I guess I will have to start catering Chemdog D a separate mix of nutes. You are right bro the clawing isn't everywhere, only on the very top, but I think it is going to get out of hand very fast, I am gonna deal with the problem today. I think Chemdog D is ready for the N to be lowered a bit more and P/K to go up higher.

Thanks for your kind words on the Casey bro, my pheno grows like it is dominant Train Wreck with a hint of Thai, but towards the late bloom it starts to form little clusters like SD. Loving the long colas myself, hopefully I can keep shit together till the end, although last round my leaves were already on a downfall at this point but the flowers still turned out great. Lets see how long I can keep the leaves healthy with them boosters.

Best of luck with your cut brother, from what I was told by GTD, this bitch explodes around week 7-8, and that is when you hit her the hardest with booster. I am on the start of day 36, so beginning of 6th week for me. In a few days she will be on shooting powder, and we will see how she likes that.

Peace, HTwizzy

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Looking great bro... Don't worry too much about the clawing leaves... That will happen in my limited experience with Chem's near the cola when given too much N and sometimes this happens when they don't have enough light. The buildup of Nitrogen causes a over nitrification and often times this will show on the side of the cola furthest from the light (the back side)... Not sure if it's the case in this situation cuz you still haven't taken 10 secs to set your white meter... :giggle

BTW, I love that description of Casey Jones... I wish all breeders took the time to do a proper write-up like that. Mad props to GR3ATFUL H3AD!!! :cool

H

HighTolerance

Looking great bro... Don't worry too much about the clawing leaves... That will happen in my limited experience with Chem's near the cola when given too much N and sometimes this happens when they don't have enough light. The buildup of Nitrogen causes a over nitrification and often times this will show on the side of the cola furthest from the light (the back side)... Not sure if it's the case in this situation cuz you still haven't taken 10 secs to set your white meter... :giggle

BTW, I love that description of Casey Jones... I wish all breeders took the time to do a proper write-up like that. Mad props to GR3ATFUL H3AD!!! :cool

Thanks bro, exactly the response I was hoping for. I will take charge of the nitrogen build up today. I will do a thorough observation today on the distance from lights and its relation to leaf, I'll let you know.

Hell yeah dude that is one of the sickest description from a breeder I have read, really makes you wanna try it.

LMAO, I ain't ever gonna set my white meter. I actually tried to set the white meter, but failed. I am doing something wrong.

BTW Shady, the JO is looking good, finally popping some trichromes, will post some shots tonight.

justiceman

justiceman

Yo man right on for that Casey Jones description! That seriously gets me hyped up about it! Cannot wait to see her come up in life. Would you say that your Casey Jones is starting to give off a sour diesel like smell, or is she sticking with that trainwreck/thai smell?

Looking great bro... Don't worry too much about the clawing leaves... That will happen in my limited experience with Chem's near the cola when given too much N and sometimes this happens when they don't have enough light. The buildup of Nitrogen causes a over nitrification and often times this will show on the side of the cola furthest from the light (the back side)

Ya I have also noticed with my Hindu Skunk's that the colas further away from the light tend to hold on to nitrogen a lot longer. For instance my runt plant that is twice as short dealt with over nitrification as a result of decreased light levels in my opinion. I think shady is right on.

M

mikegreenthumb

wanted to show you a couple of my cacey shots mine is "about" the same time flowering i think to be honest im not sure how far any of my plants are i just guess and keep a gen idea of when i put em in

thought you might wanna compare etc i always like looking at same strains im running

Cacey jones  and flowering tent 2 004
Cacey jones  and flowering tent 2 006
Cacey jones  and flowering tent 2 002
Cacey jones  and flowering tent 2 005
Cacey jones  and flowering tent 2 003
H

HighTolerance

@ Shady and Justice, Right on fellow, good input.
Initially the clawing on the chem started to occur on everything, under good light and low light. As we were all certain it was a bit too much N. After lowering the N, the leaf clawing where their is good light has gotten under control, but where the light isn't intense enough there are still some claws that remain. Hopefully they'll still turn out fine. Thanks you guys for your input.

@ MGT, I am curious, why you spell the Casey as Cacey, is it actually a different strain that you have or you just like to spell it with a c instead on s. Also your pheno looks way different than mine, possibly leaning more towards the SD. Got any pics of the entire plant structure. Also it would be cool to see some lights out and macro shots of the trichromes. My casey has really sativa trics, skinny but long.

T

theloadeddragon

Thank you my friend. I feel one with the coco and each of the strains this round. I really hope I can pull off a good harvest.

:headbang That sucks, it has happened to me before.

Thanks a bunch bro. Yeah the variety this round has me stoked.

Guess what I might be getting my hands on. Some SR-71 PK, just like Raider's. Woot wooot.

Oh yeah Dragon, quick question friend. Did you notice the plants finishing early when you ran coco last summer. Also what are you thoughts on PK booster timing. I have seen people start PK boosting as early as day 1 of bloom and others wait till the last few weeks.

I read an article on True Loving Organics is Skunk Mag the other day and I thought may be it was you who wrote it. Rev's ideology was very similar to your.

I really want to go all organic but in coco. I am trying to figure out all the organics I would cut the coco with.

It did finish faster in coco. In coco, I would start the boost imediately, because whats available to the plants is completely controlled by you, and the PK being more available will aid in the triggering of flower ;). In soil, it would depend on how long the plants had been in the soil, the plant size, and the pot size, as well as what I had been feeding before. For the way I do it, I usually don't start boosting PK in soil till the end of the first week or into the second week of 12/12, because I try to transplant into good sized pots about two to two and a half weeks before flowering, and the soil has a decent amount of PK solubles in it.

Nah, I didn't write it...... sounds interesting though... :)

Sorry it took me so long to see your post.... maybe I have been too stoned? hehe.... the grow looks awesome

:sun2:

Top Bottom