Pest eating my seedlings, but not the kind you think

• Thread starter AZsunfarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

Hey so this is weird as shit and Iā€™m wondering if this is a real thing. I sprouted a few auto outside because the end of hell in Phoenix is almost over and I want a few autos to finish before it gets slightly chilly in December. I usually throw a plastic done over until they pop. The last few attempts Iā€™ve had something just completely eat them up whole. Iā€™m up to 5 seedlings gone so far (you can do the math on that). Anyway Iā€™m thinking rat or mouse so I set a newer black trap up where I grow with some cat food cuz city rats love dog and cat food. Next day the food is gone but it didnā€™t trigger the trap. So Iā€™m thinking itā€™s a small mouse and I go buy some tiny mouse traps that trigger easier. I go check them tonight and the food is gone but nothing triggered! Wtf! Iā€™m looking around and I see a common city cricket walking around with a fucking giant piece of cat food throwing me the bird. Imagine seeing that stoned AF! Like wtf, do crickets dine on sprouts?!?!?
I donā€™t even know what to do. I always spout in final destination because I fail hardcore when I transplant. Monsoon just ended so everything is super wet and the bugs are going crazy. I donā€™t know how Iā€™m going to keep crickets away from my sprouts. Iā€™m not using poison, itā€™s not allowed anywhere in my garden. Maybe just put a 5 gallon bucket over it at sunset? Crickets dig under that shit too so I donā€™t know if that will even work. If anyone has a idea please hit me back. Sighs

Madmax

Madmax

Maybe try some surface spray such as raid and spray surfaces around plant..there should b quite a few baits or sprays available to combat this problem..

Redgravemine

Redgravemine

Those things in that picture right above ate everything in my garden. I live along the migration path.

Yes, seven dust does kill them, but I had so many of them around eventually they could crawl over their dead buddies. And about 200 decided this was home base. Eventually the only thing we could do was kill them manually. (Doesn't bother me or the dog. )

Now, on the flip side of the coin, after the mormon crickets I got locusts. Except for a blue haze auto, the locusts ate some of the leaves of the plants and most of the locusts left the plants alone once it started making flowers and THC. Except for a few pothead locusts. (So stoned it let me pick him up (eventually many times)) I watched the one in the picture below eat the crystals and leave the leaf. (So far, the plant he did that to is the highest at 28%.)

IMG 20210926 1045182
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Those things in that picture right above ate everything in my garden. I live along the migration path.

Yes, seven dust does kill them, but I had so many of them around eventually they could crawl over their dead buddies. And about 200 decided this was home base. Eventually the only thing we could do was kill them manually. (Doesn't bother me or the dog. )

Now, on the flip side of the coin, after the mormon crickets I got locusts. Except for a blue haze auto, the locusts ate some of the leaves of the plants and most of the locusts left the plants alone once it started making flowers and THC. Except for a few pothead locusts. (So stoned it let me pick him up (eventually many times)) I watched the one in the picture below eat the crystals and leave the leaf. (So far, the plant he did that to is the highest at 28%.)
That is a THC junkie grasshopper for sure.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I busted my cat chowing on little plants before
I had a dog that would grab things and run, to get people to chase her and play with her. She would grab buds and bags off tables and take off. Luckily she had no interest in live plants.

Redgravemine

Redgravemine

I had a dog that would grab things and run, to get people to chase her and play with her. She would grab buds and bags off tables and take off. Luckily she had no interest in live plants.

I had a cat who liked to smoke. Then she ate all 6 weed plants I was growing. I cought her and she tried to run but she fell over and slid into the door. Then she tried to run down the hall. After that when she cought us smoking she'd glare at us and leave the room.

My dog likes to smoke. She begs sometimes to smoke but usually she's undercover about it (licks or inhales when she thinks we aren't watching.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom