Pest Management.....should I Be?

• Thread starter Chrnic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chrnic

Chrnic

Do you only use Pest Management products when you see a problem or do you have a normal routine of products you use on a normal basis? If so what do you use and how often? I'm not using anything atm and I worried that I should be.....should i be? What do you guys think about SNS products?

I'm growing indoors.
50% Hum
75 Degrees

I did see the post on IPM's recipes, but im wondering how important it is. Id rather not use anything if I don't have to. I live in a very dry area in Colorado and I have not see any problems with our house plants. Talking about bugs I never see any types in the basement at all. Not even spiders.

Last edited:
Monster762

Monster762

Definately use pest stuff before hand. I personally go with easily available stuff. I use neem on anything once plants in there. Before hand I clean good n use ortho home defense from Walmart. I don’t puddle it up just mist around perimeter good. There are more known products that’s just easy one to get at. Do not get on plants or have bunch of fumes in there with plants. And don’t sit plants on floor. Elevated better anyways. You want no chance of contact between plant and serious pesticides. Neem is mostly safe use only as needed though.

Chrnic

Chrnic

Definately use pest stuff before hand. I personally go with easily available stuff. I use neem on anything once plants in there. Before hand I clean good n use ortho home defense from Walmart. I don’t puddle it up just mist around perimeter good. There are more known products that’s just easy one to get at. Do not get on plants or have bunch of fumes in there with plants. And don’t sit plants on floor. Elevated better anyways. You want no chance of contact between plant and serious pesticides. Neem is mostly safe use only as needed though.

Do you use Neem as a preventive control or only if you see a problem? If you use it as a preventive how often do you use. Also do you use it as a spray?

Maelstrom

Maelstrom

I'm hip to neem oil as well. Used properly it has helped me control and eventually eliminate every insect problem I've ever had. Highly recommend Einstein Oil if you can get it. I don't usually feel the need to spray neem routinely and avoid doing so after the third week of flower so as not to build it up in the buds, but a "bio-shield" spray of beneficial microbes can help to deter a variety of insects, molds and mildew and that is routine. The plants love it, too!

Monster762

Monster762

Do you use Neem as a preventive control or only if you see a problem? If you use it as a preventive how often do you use. Also do you use it as a spray?
I use as needed diluted on the plant. I keep a strong mix that I randomly spray sides of pots and the table they sit on. Every few days just spray around a bit. Not on plant unless you have bugs or fungus. I get garden safe neem extract. It’s not the strongest out but still good. All day to dilute like tbsp to gallon I think. My strong mix I put probably 5x that at least. I’m on 3rd grow and only needed 2 bottles total so far. At less than $10 each its worth it. It claims safe til harvest day to spray but I try not to touch plant with any spray in flower.

Monster762

Monster762

I use as needed diluted on the plant. I keep a strong mix that I randomly spray sides of pots and the table they’ll. I k sit on. Every few days just spray around a bit. Not on plant unless you have bugs or fungus. I get garden safe neem extract. It’s not the strongest out but still good. All day to dilute like tbsp to gallon I think. My strong mix I put probably 5x that at least. I’m on 3rd grow and only needed 2 bottles total so far. At less than $10 each its worth it. It claims safe til harvest day to spray but I try not to touch plant with any spray in flower.
Might be oz to a gal. I know it was like 25-30 ml when I did the math.

Chrnic

Chrnic

I'm hip to neem oil as well. Used properly it has helped me control and eventually eliminate every insect problem I've ever had. Highly recommend Einstein Oil if you can get it. I don't usually feel the need to spray neem routinely and avoid doing so after the third week of flower so as not to build it up in the buds, but a "bio-shield" spray of beneficial microbes can help to deter a variety of insects, molds and mildew and that is routine. The plants love it, too!

So you only use these items if you see a problem? Thanks for the reply

centralcoast

centralcoast

Use neem oil on any plants before you bring them into your space. In fact, it’s best to have a spare area so you can monitor new additions prior to introducing them to your other plants.

As a good rule of thumb, spray down plants once every week or so with neem oil and then stop a week prior to switching to 12/12. It will give them a nice waxy shine and your plants will love it. Just try to avoid using it during flower.

Treat your grow area like a hospital room. That means no dead leaves or spilled soil laying around. I’ve found that a 50/50 bleach water mix works well to clean everything in between cycles.

Proper air flow/movement and ventilation also helps keep pests off your bitches.

Flox0chknz

Flox0chknz

I've been using pest stuff since the beginning of veg almost for this crop. It just got a gnat problem and I can not get rid of it. I've tried neem oil, filling the soil with clay pellets, drying the soil to move the gnats off, 3 or 4 different organic sprays. They just won't fuck off

MissBotany

MissBotany

I grow indoors. I haven’t had any pest issues yet. I always add soil to the pots before I transplant and let it dry out completely to kill any pontential larva and water after I transplant. I use fox farm ocean forest and for my second grow I’m using another brand of organic soil.

Flox0chknz

Flox0chknz

Yea I'm gonna switch to fox farm when my 3rd gen clones are ready for a 1 gallon. I've been able to limit the gnats to my flower pots and really down to like 1 or 2 of those pots but they're down in the clay pellets now. I just replaced the traps so fingers crossed. I tried letting the dirt dry out completely but it seemed like it was making them really heat stressed.

I grow indoors. I haven’t had any pest issues yet. I always add soil to the pots before I transplant and let it dry out completely to kill any pontential larva and water after I transplant. I use fox farm ocean forest and for my second grow I’m using another brand of organic soil.

Flox0chknz

Flox0chknz

I bought 6 bags of dr. Earth that's all my local place had and it worked good. At least I think so. However I do like the second bag I got "pot of gold" it's more of a mulch and dried out much faster but the roots love it

Latest posts

Top Bottom