Pests?? Maybe aphids?? (First time grower)

• Thread starter Klover
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Klover

I just found this site/forum the other day and now I’m in need of some expert help.. I’m a first time grower and got these plants from a friend when they were in the beginning stages of veg. I recently noticed these green bugs on the lower stocks of my one plant and can’t fully figure out what they are? I’m thinking they are aphids but I don’t have the knowledge on it to be sure..
Pests maybe aphids first time grower

If these are pests, do you recommend Murphy’s oil diluted 3:1 sprayed on to combat them?

Also adding this as I’m unsure about it. There’s a small spider that’s made a web that’s going between the top fan leaves of another plant I brought inside a little bit ago. Is there any reason to worry about that spider? Do I kill it or would it be better to leave it alone to help catch any flying pests?

visajoe1

visajoe1

you have aphids, get some spinosad and drench your plant both sides of leaves. take a pic of the spider, some are good, but webs are not good. i havent heard of anyone using murphys oil

G

Godfthrfarm

I think u mean neem oil and its aphids also called whiteflies they look like rice...spray them with neem oil every 2 days for 10 days..under the leaf and on the stems

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I think u mean neem oil and its aphids also called whiteflies they look like rice...spray them with neem oil every 2 days for 10 days..under the leaf and on the stems
I never realized white flies were aphids, as I never saw them despite looking for them. In any event, white flies can ruin your grow by causing the plants to leak a sugary fluid where they are bitten. This sugary fluid dries and when smoked, it burns terrible, leaves a black ash, and loses a lot of it's taste/flavor. They are best dealt with ASAP with either Spinosad or a Pyrethrin based spray. During Veg growth I have used Hot Shot strips overnight in an enclosed room, which is very toxic to bugs and can be dangerous to people. It dissapated quickly, which is why I reserve it for veg only for a single day treatment. I know a lot of folks shudder at the thought of it, but if used correctly, it can be pretty safe and is approved for some agricultural purposes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom