pH / Coco / Watering / Fox Farms 6-4-5

• Thread starter Vesti Bule
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vesti Bule

Vesti Bule

Hello All,

First time coir grow...

Anyone know where I might find information on the best pH for watering Coco amended with Fox Farms All Purpose Organic Dry Fertilizer (6-4-5)? I am hoping to avoid chemical nutes, and to streamline the feeding with these slow release amendments and an occasional top dressing.

I know to aim for upper 5's within the medium, but my main question is whether the FF will effect the pH, meaning it would be necessary to water so as to balance the figures.

Of course I will be testing the runoff, but don't want to send the pH way off here at the beginning.

Thanks!

Vesti Bule

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

best way to tell is get glasses with all the same ph and ppm value for glasses,all the same,take each bottle you use and use 1ml per bottle per glass and see what each does as far as raise of ph ppm,isolating which one does what all i can say,when it comes to dry ferts you dont know how effective they will be unless you just use them,adding additional nutes will be a headache so heads up,one of other will solve your issue,and this i know in coco there isnt any room for issues,plants grow quick and dont really give you opritunity to straighten out before it changes again.
indoors i would use the bottle nutes,outdoors dry , in coco

Top Bottom