ph constantly rising, melting leaves

• Thread starter vb_budz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vb_budz

vb_budz

Hello,

Can anyone diagnose this please? There are some leaf sections that appear melted. I have been using seedling strength nutes (ro water, tds 290). Using GH flora series with armor si and cali-mag plus a small amount of a product called terpinator (0-0-4 potassium sulfate) that the hydro store sold me on. Plants are 18 days old, and while ph used to be rather steady, for the last few days runoff has been coming out at 6.5. I have responded by watering them for like an hour (instead of the usual 15m) to bring ph down below 6.0. I think this means it's time to go to early veg nutes, but the melting spots on my biggest plant has me worried.. Also I hear I'm not supposed to let the roots sit in runoff, but my roots are growing out of the baskets and down the drainage channel, so what should I do about that?

I admit I did overdo the nutes and light in their first few days of life, but that was like 2 weeks ago, I think they are over it.

Ph constantly rising melting leaves
Ph constantly rising melting leaves 2
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

What kind of system are they in? Is it just hydroton drain to waste? Plants look great, I wouldn't worry about the 1 spot that appears melted, when you have multiple plants you can't expect every single leave to be 100% perfect, nobody or no plant is perfect lol.

IMO you should stick to your plan and start giving them the early veg nutrients.

vb_budz

vb_budz

Thanks for the reply! I have set up a top drip system (recirculating) for my veg side, and an ebb and flow system for my flowering room. They are in 4" gro-block cubes buried in hydroton. I was trying to mimick the setup from "Mr. Green's I Grow Chronic," if you ever saw that video, except I'm using LED lights and plan to do fimming.

I have 1 autoflower that was a bonus seed. Little did I realize when sprouting it that it requires a different nutrient schedule. I've just put it in a pan and elevated it. I'm going to set up another pump on a timer to feed it, and empty the pan daily.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Ok cool, keep us posted if you need help with anything else, good luck!

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Once a leaf is damaged, it does not recover. If it's only partially damaged, it can still feed the plant. If the whole leaf is damaged, pluck it off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom