Ph down

• Thread starter arpege
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

arpege

I searched but didn't get any results... strange...
I usually buy Ph down from the hydro shop but $ is tight and I am looking for a less expensive way. My tap is close to 9!!! Anything that I can use that is cheaper and as good? Somebody suggested vinegar once and I tested it on one plant and it was dead in a day and a half...
thanks in advance
arpege

NwolkZark

NwolkZark

Have heard of the vinegar thing too, some say normal, white, cider, who knows. A more solid lead seems to be using lemon/lime juice. Google will pull a few results with people claiming its worked, but i'm not one of them. Seems the juice is only a "temporary" down and needs to be monitored daily. I was in the same situation a few weeks back but I just ended up finding the cash to get normal ph down. heh

R

RansacktheElder

Anything acidic. Only use a few drops per gallon. Lemmon juice works alright. Get test strips at walmart, or the like. Good luck.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I know moneys tight but it gets expensive to do things the wrong way and takes alot of your time up looking for a different way then what works the first time

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I want ya guys to know that Discount Hydro was wrapped up in helping ups help the cops bust growers before

S

stone69

I want ya guys to know that Discount Hydro was wrapped up in helping ups help the cops bust growers before

No Shit Zoo... Where did you hear that? that sucks, I've bought a lot of shit from them.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
This was a few years back when alot of indoor bust were going down and I also use to buy from them but not throught the mail . It's be so long I can't remember the source but it was solid

A

arpege

I have a ph meter... thats not the problem... a reliable safe way to lower ph is...

A

arpege

Im takin zoos advice and just biting the bullet on another gallon of ph down

S

snake383

im not in hydro but i have used lemon juice with no problems in soil

O

Old Yeller

Distilled white vinegar is cheap, has a Ph of 2 & will work but it isn't stable. Your Ph will drift back up after a while so you have to use it & then re-test.

C

ChuckyLarms

Were they really?!?!?!?! I wish I had known that a few weeks ago. Just ordered a 100$ worth of stuff from that place. Now I wish i hadn't.

M

mitsu.one

Premium Member
Supporter
Yea,it doesn't get much cheaper than white vinegar. Thats some shitty tap water,what ppm reading do you get? From a 9 to a 6 or 5.8 is going to take some down to do. Not good! I would try to clean up your water first or find another water supply. Ph down is phosphoric acid, Phosphate is "P". Adding too much will cause more males in seedlings and will throw your "P" numbers off....mitsu

P

Punk

I have always just used the ph down in powder form. Little cheaper, and it saves me on shipping.

Top Bottom