PH Droping over time after adding pure set honey and raw cane sugar to the nute mix

• Thread starter TheRealM00
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheRealM00

TheRealM00

Hello everyone as stated in the title i have added some honey and raw cane sugar to my nutrient mix for a plant about 2/3 in flowering and the other is flushing only, i have a lot more sugars in teh flush water than my nutrient 1 but i have noticed ph dropping each day in both and more so in the 1 with extra sugar.
After reasearching sugar a little i find out that it should not change the ph, I however did find out that sugar can have a ph range of something between like 3-6 ish, but after setting my ph to about 5.8 i notice dthe next day its at 4.8 and 5.2 in there respective solutions. Does this make any sense to anyone or is my ph pen the problem? its just a cheap 1 but it does allow callibration which i am having to do every time before i use it at the moment as ir seems to be almost broken and not working when i turn it on but a quick di in any 1 of teh 3 ph buffer solutions and its working again seemingly at least?, Can i trust the ph pen when its correlating to the ph buffer solutions perfectly? Thanks again everyone

TheRealM00

TheRealM00

on a side note i think the sugars have really promoted the production of tricomes on the plant 2/3 done and possibly returned some terpines to the 1 flushing as it hermied and possibly lost some of its aroma but after almost 5 days its smelling great again!

mancorn

mancorn

Hello everyone as stated in the title i have added some honey and raw cane sugar to my nutrient mix for a plant about 2/3 in flowering and the other is flushing only, i have a lot more sugars in teh flush water than my nutrient 1 but i have noticed ph dropping each day in both and more so in the 1 with extra sugar.
After reasearching sugar a little i find out that it should not change the ph, I however did find out that sugar can have a ph range of something between like 3-6 ish, but after setting my ph to about 5.8 i notice dthe next day its at 4.8 and 5.2 in there respective solutions. Does this make any sense to anyone or is my ph pen the problem? its just a cheap 1 but it does allow callibration which i am having to do every time before i use it at the moment as ir seems to be almost broken and not working when i turn it on but a quick di in any 1 of teh 3 ph buffer solutions and its working again seemingly at least?, Can i trust the ph pen when its correlating to the ph buffer solutions perfectly? Thanks again everyone
Try a new battery as the pen will give funky readings with a low battery. The cheap meters will only last you a year or two and need to be replaced when they won’t keep their calibration. If you calibrate, then get inconsistent readings soon after it’s time for a new one.

TheRealM00

TheRealM00

is there anyone out there with any knowledge on honey left for days in water altering ph? Cheers

Top Bottom