pH information

• Thread starter bunny.wailer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bunny.wailer

bunny.wailer

I'm growing some indoor autos in airpots in a mix of moss peat ( pH 5.5-6.5), perlite, vegetal compost + soil amendaments such as bat guano and bananna peel powder. Could you tell me how bananna peel powder and bat guano affects the pH of substrate?

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Only way to determine what the soil ph is , is to do a slurry ph test. Look in threads and type in search bar “soil slurry test”.

bunny.wailer

bunny.wailer

Only way to determine what the soil ph is , is to do a slurry ph test. Look in threads and type in search bar “soil slurry test”.
If I just put water with 6.0 pH and I had a runoff of 6.8, that means if I want 6.1 in the pot I have to put 5.3 water??

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If I just put water with 6.0 pH and I had a runoff of 6.8, that means if I want 6.1 in the pot I have to put 5.3 water??
No doesn't work that way. As Jack said do a slurry test before growing or you will have a rough go.

I suggest a premixed soil if your not familiar with amending soils. It's not that you can't mix your own just if you fuck it up it's going to cause lots of issues during the grow.

That or do a whole lot of research before you do and make sure you fully understand how soil pH works.

Top Bottom