Ph issues

• Thread starter Trevor0179
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trevor0179

Trevor0179

Are there any natural products I can add to water to lower the ph of my soil it is sitting around 7.7 pushing and closer to 8 at times I am mixing RO water( ph 7.0 )with city tap water (7.5 ph) 50/50 mix and I am using dutch nutes oganic gro 2.5ml/l

London bud

London bud

Change your soil if its touching 8, if your plants are not to big get some soil that's got a more appropriate ph for growing weed. shake off as much of the old soil as you can without causing to much damage to the roots and repot em.
As for water, I buy big bottles of water with a ph of 6.4.
And I have tried lemon juice and vinegar but they're no good in the end, you need to add to much to bring the waters ph down, it causes more harm than good. Get a proper ph down or use different water in future

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah I would not touch vinegar. Ph down maybe but like @London bud said your gonna be chasing it without proper soil. Could try to add some peat? Not a soil grower but it's best to plan out your grow and materials before hand. Trying to chase stuff after it growing is not going to be promising.

Trevor0179

Trevor0179

Soil I am using is pro mix hp with extra 20% perlite added is this soil not a good growing meduim?

Trevor0179

Trevor0179

Change your soil if its touching 8, if your plants are not to big get some soil that's got a more appropriate ph for growing weed. shake off as much of the old soil as you can without causing to much damage to the roots and repot em.
As for water, I buy big bottles of water with a ph of 6.4.
And I have tried lemon juice and vinegar but they're no good in the end, you need to add to much to bring the waters ph down, it causes more harm than good. Get a proper ph down or use different water in future
What brand of water are u purchasing I have been buying Reverse osmosis water and mixing it 50 50 with tap water as ppm was too high in my tap water to just give it straight to the plants

London bud

London bud

Soil I am using is pro mix hp with extra 20% perlite added is this soil not a good growing meduim?
I don't use promix but if your soil ph is near on 8 I'd say it ain't no good, like @Aqua Man said maybe some or more peat in then mix could help.
I dunno your situation right now with your plants but if you got any issues or deficiencies showing it'll only continue, if soil ph really is 8ish then I'd repot, correct the water and you'll notice improvements

London bud

London bud

What brand of water are u purchasing I have been buying Reverse osmosis water and mixing it 50 50 with tap water as ppm was too high in my tap water to just give it straight to the plants
Whats your tap water ppm. I use bottles called aqua pura

London bud

London bud

Tested at 500 to 550 ppm
That's high! Where u from ? 120ish here in ldn, ph 7.2. I dint use it,I had fucked up ph so repotted n stopped using it from then, I've noticed the difference. when I can be bothered to get proper ph down though ill use the tap water, its easier and cheaper in long run

Last edited:
Trevor0179

Trevor0179

I don't use promix but if your soil ph is near on 8 I'd say it ain't no good, like @Aqua Man said maybe some or more peat in then mix could help.
I dunno your situation right now with your plants but if you got any issues or deficiencies showing it'll only continue, if soil ph really is 8ish then I'd repot, correct the water and you'll notice improvements

20190527 154506
20190527 154353
B

Burned Haze

I would get a overrated r/o (baby r/o = suck plus you’ll still need a booster pump, just figure your rates on wha you want by 3-4x by what you want to do ) I got a 1000 gal per day and booster, I only fill a (1-2) 50 gal Rez and a few 5 gal water jugs and without the booster it would take hours ( booster =2x power ) and do 10-25% (well) benefit is only saving water reasons if your using that well water. It might be even smart to get that water sampled since so high ppm?

I do my 10-25ish% from my dehumidifier & a/c ( and put into a separate Rez) instead since I’m conserving it ( at one point I was going to do a little well but my plants seem perfect , my well ppm = 300-350 ppm & that’s what made me switch to r/o)

Last edited by a moderator:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah R/O is made for you dude. Probably a good flush with 3x the volume RO and start from there

Trevor0179

Trevor0179

Yeah R/O is made for you dude. Probably a good flush with 3x the volume RO and start from there
Are you saying i should flush that girl with straight ro water about 3 times more water then a regular feeding thrn go from there

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Are you saying i should flush that girl with straight ro water about 3 times more water then a regular feeding thrn go from there
Yes flush water through until you get 3x the run off of your normal feed. But better wait for a dirt guy to confirm. I'm a hydro grower and never need to flush. I'm betting your problems are ph related lockout

Skybound

Skybound

Web search for "Doc Bud's High Brix". It's a kit based in pro mix, but the contents can be emulated to get you into a pretreated mix that would be a good start. I know he amends his promix with a shit load of worm castings, but also calcium and soft rock phosphate which will get your PH down, but it needs at least a month to cook. I presume other soils that are amended need time to set up after being mixed. I'm like Aqua Man, I'm a hydro grower, but I am subscribed to a lot of soil diaries and also high brix diaries on other boards. High brix w/o a doubt produces the best looking plants so it's worth the 3 minutes to do a quick search and look through the pics before deciding to look further.

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

Are there any natural products I can add to water to lower the ph of my soil it is sitting around 7.7 pushing and closer to 8 at times I am mixing RO water( ph 7.0 )with city tap water (7.5 ph) 50/50 mix and I am using dutch nutes oganic gro 2.5ml/l
Baking powder can be used to ph up and lemon juice can be used to ph down

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Baking powder can be used to ph up and lemon juice can be used to ph down
Baking soda... It's sodium bicarbonate for ph works well. Also you can buy calcium bicarbonate Which is better because the plants use the calcium (unlike sodium levels we try to keep down) and the bicarbonate acts as a pH up and buffer.

Citric acid buffers poorly and you will need to keep adding non stop. Things like lemon juice vinegar etc. Should not be used for that reason. Phosphoric, sulfuric and nitric acid buffer far better and I would say phosphoric is your best bet for our use. Without getting into the details of why

Products such as calimagic are even more optimal if you are new in order to keep you nutrient ratios balanced. It contains calcium bicarbonate and magnesium sulfate. All num nums to our plants in proper quantities

Top Bottom