Ph issues

• Thread starter Gash.B2020
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gash.B2020

Gash.B2020

Hi all
I have recently started 11 gelato and I'm 5 days into flower. I have been hand watering when needed with nutrient solution. I checked the run-off today and realised that it was off reading 5.3 when I had mixed it to 6.0. I only need to add a small amount of ph down maybe 4ml to a 80 litre reservoir. I have an airstone in the reservoir and I have read that that will raise the ph slightly. I don't understand why it has fallen to 5.3? Why is it fluctuating so much when the coco is new. I'm using 20 litre pots and a 60% 40% coco perlite mix. It's like the nutrient solution is reading 6.0 and when I've watered plant the solution is dropping for some reason. Thank you G.

Dizzy88

Dizzy88

Hi all
I have recently started 11 gelato and I'm 5 days into flower. I have been hand watering when needed with nutrient solution. I checked the run-off today and realised that it was off reading 5.3 when I had mixed it to 6.0. I only need to add a small amount of ph down maybe 4ml to a 80 litre reservoir. I have an airstone in the reservoir and I have read that that will raise the ph slightly. I don't understand why it has fallen to 5.3? Why is it fluctuating so much when the coco is new. I'm using 20 litre pots and a 60% 40% coco perlite mix. It's like the nutrient solution is reading 6.0 and when I've watered plant the solution is dropping for some reason. Thank you G.
Not that acquainted w/ coco so take my opinion w/ grain of sh** mate but from what I mainly recall if run off is more than .5 off inflow on the low side that usually means Ur medium has some ol nutrient build up (causing high acidity) dropping ur pH.
@Aqua Man @cemchris will be the dude’s to help ya amongst others on here hope they chime in for ya bud but I think ya might have to flush down a bit

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hi all
What's the ppm in and out?

What size pots and how often are you watering?

Gash.B2020

Gash.B2020

What's the ppm in and out?

What size pots and how often are you watering?
Unfortunately I haven't been keeping track of ppm the pots are 20 litre pots and It can't be old bites because I haven't reused this lot it's new. Thanx for time to reply bro

Gash.B2020

Gash.B2020

Water them probs every 2 days or when they have dried out sufficiently well not dry but lighter and I give them 6 litres which gives me about 1 litre of run-off

Gash.B2020

Gash.B2020

Surely coco would be saturated stilI? I know you not supposed to dry it out like soil. So I would water until I get 20% probs 7-8 litres? Would it hold that much every day wouldn't it just keep running off. My plants are 1.5 foot high I vegged them for 3 weeks and they have good root volume from what I can see. Thanx bro G.

Gash.B2020

Gash.B2020

Surely coco would be saturated stilI? I know you not supposed to dry it out like soil. So I would water until I get 20% probs 7-8 litres? Would it hold that much every day wouldn't it just keep running off. My plants are 1.5 foot high I vegged them for 3 weeks and they have good root volume from what I can see. Thanx bro G.
Also wouldn't it starve the roots of air as where there is water there is no air? Just a thought.

Gash.B2020

Gash.B2020

Also wouldn't it starve the roots of air as where there is water there is no air? Just a thought.
And wouldn't the plant show signs of been over watered? Sorry for been a pest bro just need to know if I should be flushing or not before I get to much deeper into flower. Thanx G.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Aquaman has a handy guide he'll probably be back to help you if not I'll check you in the morning

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Coco needs to stay over 90% saturated and can easily require watering 1-6 times a day depending on the pot size. I'm out for the night but read this. @Beachwalker is right. Your watering is the problem.

Gash.B2020

Gash.B2020

Coco needs to stay over 90% saturated and can easily require watering 1-6 times a day depending on the pot size. I'm out for the night but read this. @Beachwalker is right. Your watering is the problem.

Aqua Man thanks for this article on Coco really interesting and great read. Where has this been all my life!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom