PH managment. D missing link Economically & time friendly solution to PH fluctuaction

• Thread starter watercooled
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

watercooled

Well, I think I'll try hydro finally. My concern was always the PH fluctuations. Even after searching many different forums, I could not find a solution I was happy with. I figured I would be stuck with 3k in costs just for a good PH controller ()

After some research, I have found this alternative for any (r)dwc, hydro, aero grow... no more worries about ph fluctuations while you're out at the movies with your girl (or man)

Manufactures web site:
http://www.americanmarineusa.com/

Users guide:

Cliff notes on users guide:
Calibrate PH probe.
Set lowest acceptable PH (with small screwdriver)
Set highest acceptable PH ^^^ Same
Connect two pumps... Like these:

to one of the plugs on the back of the PH pinpoint. Run a small air line from the pump to your res and a second line to a gallon of PH UP. Repeat for second plug and run to PH down.

I hope you guys find this elusive $250 automatic PH solution as useful as I did.

JPLord01

JPLord01

Your PH going up and down is not bad just keep it in a good range of 5.6 to 6.3 . Mine is any where from 5.7 to 6.2 I'm not triping. Look at you plants they will tell you if they are happy or not. In the day when your lights are on the PH will go up and when the lights are off your PH will go down. And keeping you water temp in a range of 65 to 68 will help keep the PH stable. And try to do a rez change every week or two this will cut down on build up. Your plants roots are actually PH producing machines creating either hydrogen ions (PH down) or hydroxide ions (PH up) depending on whether the roots are
taking in elements that are mostly cations or anions.

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

Good info and research.

However, you want your pH to fluctuate. I run lower than most and I let my pH float a range from 5.2 - 6.1.

Fluctuations are good as different nutrients are absorbed better at different ranges.

Constantly adjusting your pH is a good way ot fuck up a res.

W

watercooled

Your PH going up and down is not bad just keep it in a good range of 5.6 to 6.3 . Mine is any where from 5.7 to 6.2 I'm not triping....

Right... so in your case you would set the low side for 5.7 and the high side for 6.2. You can always check it with a second PH meter as you normally would, but no longer would be adding PH adjusters at any time.

If you NEVER worry about being outside of your accepted range, then this solution isn't for you.

Good info and research.

However, you want your pH to fluctuate. I run lower than most and I let my pH float a range from 5.2 - 6.1.

Fluctuations are good as different nutrients are absorbed better at different ranges.

Constantly adjusting your pH is a good way to fuck up a res.

I agree, so low end for you would be set to 5.2 and high end would be set to 6.1 and you would never worry about being out of your accepted range.

beezleb878

beezleb878

On a note about PH fluctuation. I recommend chelated nutrients or the like. I recommend Humboldt Nutes Master A and Master B nutrients but their are also other great lines that are similar, search chelated and PH buffered nutrients and I am sure you can find lots of good info. It will go a long way to helping you if your having fluctuation issues.

T

tokinsmokin

Wow I'm going to have to read more about this controller. I've wanted to buy a PH controller for years now. Good find watercooled!

I always had a cheap solution to this problem with the PH Nanny, which the majority of people on forums didn't know about, but this looks as though it may be an even cheaper alternative. I'm assuming it uses an internal peristaltic pump to dose PH up/down.

B

Bobby Smith

Subbed, mainly to keep track of the next time Watercooled is around - got my Marey delivered today, need some input when you get a chance (but I know you're busy til September).

M

MedicalINFO

I bought an expensive medical pump doser that did A&B and PH.

I've never used it once. In fact I quit adjusting ph. My Aqua Flakes nute regimen always keeps my solution between 5.4 -6.8.(my plants couldn't be any healthier) I realized that trying to battle the solution down was in fact making my solution more "CHEMMY" and less stable. Its all about a stable batch of nutes. In MBB's if your nutes stabilize within the appropriate ph zone and your girls are healthy Don't Mess with it.

Also with the dosers I have heard horror stories of miss-calibration... You know if that machine dumps a shit load of ph down in your res while your at the movies your goofed.

give the system a try before you buy any expensive dosing equipment

Also make sure your chiller is big enough DON"T SKIMP

hope this helps :)

B

Bobby Smith

I bought an expensive medical pump doser that did A&B and PH.

I've never used it once. In fact I quit adjusting ph. My Aqua Flakes nute regimen always keeps my solution between 5.4 -6.8.(my plants couldn't be any healthier) I realized that trying to battle the solution down was in fact making my solution more "CHEMMY" and less stable. Its all about a stable batch of nutes. In MBB's if your nutes stabilize within the appropriate ph zone and your girls are healthy Don't Mess with it.

Also with the dosers I have heard horror stories of miss-calibration... You know if that machine dumps a shit load of ph down in your res while your at the movies your goofed.

give the system a try before you buy any expensive dosing equipment

Also make sure your chiller is big enough DON"T SKIMP

hope this helps :)

You run MPBs with pH that high?

What do you set your pH at when you do rez changeouts? Set it at 5.4 and then it creeps up to 6.8 before the next change?

M

MedicalINFO

I don't even adjust anymore, not even for fresh weekly batches. I used to, and slowly figured out it was pointless. If I use 0ppm water recovered from my ac and dehums my solution will sit at about 5.6, but When I use hose water it sits at about 6.8. I mostly use recovered water so It always seems to balance itself out. It's worth a try... I am more than stoked. I seriously don't think about ph anymore and its lovely. Aqua Flakes are great nutes for MBP's , but anything chelated should be PH buffered. Also different nutes are available at different ph levels (obvi) so a slight movement is beneficial in my experience,

Top Bottom