ph meter calibration

• Thread starter snake383
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

snake383

is there some kind of household item i can us to calibrate my ph pen? viniger or lemon juice maybe? thanks

W

WCC

You'd be best off going and spending a couple dollars on proper calibrating fluid... (IMO)

Solidopc

Solidopc

I don't think you'll find any household item with a stable enough ph to be spot on the same everytime. The calibration fluid is only a few quid though.

S

snake383

a poor man has poor ways thanks for your help guys. another trip to the hydro shop!

S

stone69

Hey Snake... I hope you dont mind me butting in here... but I just got my first meter the other day, so does anybody know how long the calibration fluid stay's good?

S

snake383

i should last a while if you leave the cap on that was my problem.

S

stone69

Mine came in a plastic packet, so I just doubled it over and taped it shut.

S

snake383

oh sounds like you got to make a trip to the hydro shop. i got a 12fl oz bottle for 8 bucks

S

stone69

No hydro shops here bro... I just use the trust worthy post office.

S

snake383

im a little anal about the ph i check my pen every other time i use it. you can get it from ebay and many other palces on line. good luck

Greyskull

Greyskull

snake checking your ph calibration every other time you use it is CRAZY!
not saying it's not good - your shit's always for sure dialed properly.

but shit man I check multiple rez's ph & ppm multiple times a day, and I only calibrate every 30 days. of course I use 2 ppms meters and 1 ph meter + ph drop test when I check my rezies so we're both kinda on the overkill side of things....

Top Bottom