PH meter was reading wrong

• Thread starter Covey1024
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CF89

CF89

I agree. That’s why I’d like to look into it.
Could you buy those packages of white buffing ph powder and mix that into two sealed jars and just keep calibrating over and over out of that?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I agree. That’s why I’d like to look into it.
Could you buy those packages of white buffing ph powder and mix that into two sealed jars and just keep calibrating over and over out of that?
I get mine in a bottle use small amount once then discard once you have calibrated it , not sure about the power I've got some on the shelf but never used it just the pre-made liquid .

CF89

CF89

Are those drops more accurate than strips?
Which is the best and most accurate overall way? (Without spending hundreds of course)

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Which is the best and most accurate overall way? (Without spending hundreds of course)
Never used them I just use the 20 buck ones it's just something your going have to search out to find which is best for your situation .

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Get a f'n extech ph100 and be done with it.lol......you can test soil and liquids....sorry bout comin off like an ass....

CF89

CF89

So these with the digital ph meter and some distilled water should be all I’d ever need? A proper way to calibrate and a way to adjust. Done deal.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

PH meter was off by more than 2 pts. So was watering plants with higher than 8 ph. What can I do to help my plants?
Get an extech ph100 and be done with it.lol......you can test soil and liquids....get urself an accurate EC meter...search the web or ask around here. I have a hanna EC calibrated it recently and it wasnt off by much..very little...

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

FFOF. Nothing but the soil used since I’m on day 22 since a transplanted the clones. They are not over watered I can assure you that much.
You're leaves are puffy and droopy, classic overwatering: Maybe you should look up the definition of over-watering cuz it might not be what you think ..and if you do look it up you'll see pictures of your own plants.

Covey1024

Covey1024

You're wrong; your plants are overwatered, maybe you should look up the definition of over-watering cuz it might not be what you think ..and if you do look it up you'll see pictures of your own plants.
I make sure they are not over watered. The soil was dry and the pot light. I waited about 5 days between watering. I ran my ph when I watered at 6.4 and my runoff was at 4.7. So I believe it’s nutrient lockout from everything I have been reading.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I make sure they are not over watered. The soil was dry and the pot light. I waited about 5 days between watering. I ran my ph when I watered at 6.4 and my runoff was at 4.7. So I believe it’s nutrient lockout from everything I have been reading.
So why are all your plants droopy like that?

Overwatering & underwatering look very similar initially, better to underwater than over water

Another look at your perlite tells me that you may be right it may be underwater, if they perk up when you water them you need to water more frequently

not seeing much of a pH issue few calcium spots here and there a new meter or drops should take care of that, good luck

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I have never flushed before. I’m so new to this. Can someone instruct me on how to flush correctly?
What I do is every third watering I run twice the normal amount that I water with through & record the PPM and pH; and if need be I make adjustments then or next watering, according to what that runoff tells me, hope this helps

Latest posts

Top Bottom