PH need to knows

• Thread starter Kush-breeder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kush-breeder

hello everyone at the farm. im a newbie to this game and need some help to get started.im going to be growing 10 deep purple ( TGA ), 6 fem Chocolope ( DNA ) and 5 free seeds from Dinafem seeds I have a few questions.

1 i will have 5 plants growing in 100% perlite. ive seen a couple grows and they were keeying there ph around 5.8. what is the correct PH when growing in 100% perlite?

2 i will have 16 more plants in peat:perlite:wormcastings at a ratrio of 4:4:2. my understanging is that correct soil ph is 6.8. what is correct soil ph?

3 how do i properly measure my ph. do i use a soil ph reader? or is my run off the ph of my medium?

4 do i use lower ph levels like 5.8 to keep the ph of my soil at 6.8 ?

5 what should my ph be at when i flush my soil and my 100% perlite?

6 how often should i flush my soil medium and my 100% perlite medium ?

thanks

H

H3mpseed

For soil I shoot for 7.0, I would reccommend some Dolomite Lime as it will buffer any acids and stabilize the pH of soil. As for perlite I have no clue.

I never flush my soil unless a problem arises. Instead of adding ferts to the soil and risk a salt buildup (leading to pH flux and nute lockout) I just foliar feed. It's simpler and quicker. But if you want to be safe and if you have the time try flushing every month or so.

~Goodluck

J

Jalisco Kid

Flushing perlite depends on the nutes you use. Buy cheap salts you have to flush more. If my runoff was higher by 100-150 ppm I would run some pHed water thru, especially if I was growing sats. 5.6-6.2 pH is good with perlite.
I am not a dirt farmer, I do not know if peat would make you a dirt farmer. But I have seen a lot of plants not reach their potential from farmers having problems balancing the acidic peat. JK

K

Kush-breeder

1)
Flushing perlite depends on the nutes you use.

2)If my runoff was higher by 100-150 ppm I would run some pHed water thru, especially if I was growing sats.

3)farmers having problems balancing the acidic peat. JK

1)I will be using the complete fox farm nute line.

2) sats?

3)I have decided to use coco peat instead of peat moss.

K

Kush-breeder

for people with Hydroponics water tables, the PH of water should be decreased from around 6 or 6.5 down to 5.8..... and down to 5.2 starting in the 5th week of bloom cycle.

that is a statement made by the owner of 420 seed bank.
i do not see my perlite system any different them a flood table.

opinions ?

J

Jalisco Kid

I would check out some coir grows before starting. What is your perlite system? Sats are sativas. You might try one plant 50/50 perlite/coir. I found this an easy medium to work with. JK

K

Kush-breeder

my perlite set up is 25% coco 75% perlite and watering 2-4 times a day.

most of the seeds are being grow to find mothers. i was thinking of using 40% perlite 40% coco 20% worm castings. Im thinking this will be the easiest medium to control ph in and provide some nutes for the plants so i can cut down on feeding.

the seeds will be started in soil will be in 6'' x 6'' pots 50% coco 50% perlite. ph 6.8. will be watered for first week or so with RO water ph 6.8. After a week or so (4 to 6 leaf sets) one plant of each strain will be hit with 1/4 strength RO water ph 6.8(make shure they can take it). and nutes will be higher as the plants need it. ph will be kept at 6.8 all throw veg and I will flush with flora clean every 3 weeks.

the seeds that are started in perlite will be in 6'' x 6'' pots 25% coco 75% perlite ph 5.8. same watering schedule as above. ph will be kept at 5.8 throwout veg and i will flush every week with flora clean.

J

Jalisco Kid

I would not use anything but pH'ed water to flush while you are growing.With coir/perlite I would think about 5.8-6.0 on my pH. I have never used nor my coir friends use worm casting. I would see, I could be off base. JK

K

Kush-breeder

thanks for the quick replys. u know any good coco grows to look through ?

C

crazycanuckster

great posts

This site is loaded with great info for beginners right through to the experts....thanks to all for their inputs

Top Bottom