Ph of aerated water reservior

• Thread starter Sparky1980
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sparky1980

Sparky1980

Hoping someone can answer this for me. I only have a couple grows under my belt and am definitely still learning. I used Ph down to lower the Ph of my aerated reservior water from 8.4 to 6.5 before watering the other day. A few days later the Ph of the reservior was back up to 8.4. Is it safe to add more Ph down even though I just did it a few days prior? I leave the air stone on 24/7. Thanks!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hoping someone can answer this for me. I only have a couple grows under my belt and am definitely still learning. I used Ph down to lower the Ph of my aerated reservior water from 8.4 to 6.5 before watering the other day. A few days later the Ph of the reservior was back up to 8.4. Is it safe to add more Ph down even though I just did it a few days prior? I leave the air stone on 24/7. Thanks!
Should be ok... but that's a pretty big swing in a few days that leads me to question..... are you using RO water?

Sparky1980

Sparky1980

Thanks Aqua Man. I'm using tap water that's had time to let the chlorine evaporate.

Sparky1980

Sparky1980

I've read that aerating will increase your Ph and thought that may be whats happening.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What are you using for PH down? Wouldn't happen to be citric acid would it?

Aeration can but lots at play... typically it will after coming out of the tap. Chlorine is not an issue. But it will be a bit higher in carbonic acid out of the tap and as you aerate this will off gas as co2 as the water equalizes. This will reduce the amount of carbonic acid and thus increase the PH. So if your aerating the water before use its good practice. You also want to check and readjust after 1-2hrs of a water change.

Sparky1980

Sparky1980

Right on, thanks! I'm using GH Ph down from the local grow store.

Latest posts

Top Bottom