• Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BobbyIndica

whats should the ph be for veg?
and what should the ppm be for veg?

L

likeakite

Start clones/seedlings somewhere around 700/900ppm, then maybe work up to 1300ppm if the strain can handle it late in veg. Some strains like heavy feeding, some dont.

For PH, start clones/seedlings around 6.0 in veg. In veg, we have the best results if we allow the PH to fluctuate between 5.5 and 6.5 about every week or so.

Blooming PH is kept higher at around 6.5. We found that if the blooming PH was kept lower, at 5.5/6.0 all the large fan leaves would dry and die by about the 5th week. Thats not necessarily a bad thing, and it saves a lotta time during harvest by just plucking all the dried fans off rather than having to cut them. Grow on.

B

BobbyIndica

thnx, u just saved my very expensive meter from being an object of stress relief.

T

tyson

I run my ph 5.5-6 in flower and I havent had any problems with fans leaves falling off. I also would suggest not starting your seedlings off at such a high ppm. 700/900ppm for seedlings sounds high to me. I usually start them off at around 200-300, but hey thats just me I could be wrong but it works for me.

GL

J

Jalisco Kid

Starting seedling around 900 ppm will help thin them out. JK

N

Nilzar

Starting seedling around 900 ppm will help thin them out. JK

as an experment one time with some bag seeds I started a few off at 1600PPM to try and OD a few plants. I did this so I could see signs of over feeding and a few other reasons. Anyway the fuckers lived, I could not kill these plants for the life of me. I think at the end of the attempted plant holocost i was running 1900 ppm on 2-4 wk old plants from germ, then just gave up and grew them out normally.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
i run my ph 5.5-6 in flower and i havent had any problems with fans leaves falling off. I also would suggest not starting your seedlings off at such a high ppm. 700/900ppm for seedlings sounds high to me. I usually start them off at around 200-300, but hey thats just me i could be wrong but it works for me.

Gl

L

Lost

as an experment one time with some bag seeds I started a few off at 1600PPM to try and OD a few plants. I did this so I could see signs of over feeding and a few other reasons. Anyway the fuckers lived, I could not kill these plants for the life of me. I think at the end of the attempted plant holocost i was running 1900 ppm on 2-4 wk old plants from germ, then just gave up and grew them out normally.

I've run well into the 2000's almost 3k in flower. Maxed out the PPM meter and added still more! That was about 3 weeks into flower and I did that for about a week. Plant did great but was REALLY deep green color, lol. I backed it off after that down to 1900 till flush.

J

Jalisco Kid

I feel when people ask questions it is for optimum growth, I do not care what nute whore strain that you grow, if you give those kinds of ppm to a seedling you will not get optimum growth. Who cares did it live, did you get at least 1g/w. Suerte JK

L

likeakite

Just planted some tiny clones three days ago, and started them at 900PPM and PH of 5.8. They are almost jumping outa the hydroton with good health.

PPM has risen to 1050 as of this morning, and they still want more. I suppose this is maybe another nute whore strain, tho, and must be inferior. Everything is not cut and dried in this sport.

E

ehole

Just planted some tiny clones three days ago, and started them at 900PPM and PH of 5.8. They are almost jumping outa the hydroton with good health.

PPM has risen to 1050 as of this morning, and they still want more. I suppose this is maybe another nute whore strain, tho, and must be inferior. Everything is not cut and dried in this sport.

umm hate to tell you this, if your ppm jumped to 1050 from 900 then they aren't loving it, they absorbing more water than food which is why the ppm has risen

T

tyson

ya they just like spending money on nute's evidently....I hope the guy didn't go off and spend a couple hundred on seeds and fry them by trying to feed his seedlings 700/900 ppm.

L

likeakite

Dudes....why all the hating? This is not bad advice. We have done it this way for yrs. True enought that my room is dialed in and we have been using the same strain for yrs, so it MAY NOT apply to everyone, but i'd bet none of you folks are willing to actually try it out. I dont mean to soak the seeds in nutes, but we start off with 700/900 ppm whenever the seeldings are sprouted, and a couple inches tall

Yep, i purposly set the rez so the PPM will slowly rise over about a week. It ALSO lowers the PH at the same time. We found the if the PH can fluctuate between 5.5 and 6.5 during veg, the plants were much healthier with never any deficiencies.

I realize most of this is over the average growers heads, and if yall want to DISCUSS anything, i'd be happy to help in a thread or in a PM.

L

likeakite

put up or shutup

Heres the 'put up' part. This clone was one of those we planted on 6-29. Roots are growin' like a mfer, and have already filled the 5" pots of hydroton and are growing out the drain holes.

Anybody see any health issues? No....thats cause there aint any. :mooning

Cloning 09 029
Cloning 09 028
T

tyson

Im not trying to "hate" on you I just think its bad advice to give a new grower, I recently started some young plants off at 250ppm and 1 of them didnt even like that too much. Im happy that it works for you but im not really seeing the upside for a beginner only the downside. GL

E

ehole

Yep, i purposly set the rez so the PPM will slowly rise over about a week. It ALSO lowers the PH at the same time. We found the if the PH can fluctuate between 5.5 and 6.5 during veg, the plants were much healthier with never any deficiencies.

so how you set the rez to rise is by giving it more food than it will uptake so there is less water and more food? i do however 100 percent agree with letting the ph drift a bit- after all each element has a different optimal ph for uptake

M

MightyStoner

I cant get my ph to stabilize. I got up and down from a local hydro shop but it seems to suck. I ph the shit outta the water(capful at a time). I get the water to 6-5ish and within a hour its back up over 7.

GRRRRRRRR!
I dont want to hurt my babies before they get a chance to grow strong.

Also my ppms is just a slight bit over 800. I only used a tsp of pure blend pro veg and liquid karma. My tap water is at 200ppms normaly but every hydroshop says my part of the city is good water for it.(no cal/mag yay money saver)
My babies are going to be dwc but the bucket doesnt start till next week they are just in perlite and netpots above an empty bucket and I just lightly moisten the rockwool once a day if needed.

Any advice? My plants seem good so far but I just stated nutes today.

M

MightyStoner

Anyone? I am nervous about starting my system till I have the ph fixed.

Also what is a cheap alternative to up and down thats stable?

B

bestgrow

hey. I am no expert, buy maybe you didn't clean your perlite well enough? Do you have any contaminants in the room, like sulfur or something. Try just using water for a few days...

Let us know if you fix the problem

M

MightyStoner

No its a sealed container too. I mixed up a gallon and phed it but the ph keeps failing.

Top Bottom