Ph question soilponics please advise

• Thread starter Blazinheavy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blazinheavy

Blazinheavy

Swim had Seedlings of gorilla glue, extreme GSC, og kush, were germinated and then planted in jiffy seed starter with purple led, now vegging in one gallon trade pots in Roots organic with a lil extra perlite. Well water. 1000w gavita. Waiting to go into 5 gal fabric pots. Only week 2-3 from germ so they vary in hieght from 3inches/3 nodes to 5inches/4nodes.
Problem: The well water was recently checked and it’s reading 240-250 ppm and comes out about 7.2-7.3 Ph when tested with bluelabs. Swim has been mixing up advanced nutrients at half recommended strength. connoisseur grow a+b plus voodoo and b52 and tiny bit of iguana juice and hand feeding at a “ph perfect” value of around 6.7ish. Upon checking the reservoir solution a couple days after mixing, it was found that a smell developed and the level drifted to 8.4! This can’t be good if it’s happening in the root zone!
Question? Short of testing runoff, just assuming the soil buffers some of this out but the levels are still hightened due to said ph reaction of the sitting nutrient/water solution question is what is a safe ph water to feed next. He don’t necessarily want to shock them by going too low. But He’d like to get down to feeding at a starting value of 6.3-6.5 to unlock a few things. Then the ph can drift up some and not cause any problems (Swim noticed slightly lighter than hoped for color green in the fan leaves and a few immobile nutes that need to be absorbed) so will feeding 6.3-6.4 now create a problem by either too much of a swing in ph or by unlocking to many immobile nutes?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I have given my plants pH 5.0 water when I added too much dolomite to soil. They didn't mind at all, but that doesn't mean it would be a good idea for you.

The dolomite was acting as a buffer, so it quickly neutralized the pH 5.0 water. I can't guess what is causing your reservoir water to be 8.4, but I'm a soil grower, and somewhat clueless about your grow. Is this sort of like Octopots?

Blazinheavy

Blazinheavy

Regular plastic pots, soon to be upgraded to fabric, with the roots organic bagsoil amended only with perlite. it’s the closest things to a balanced and active soil mix that was available in the area. the watering is by hand weighing each pot and hand watering on top but … with the addition of nutes to push things along faster…instead of just amendments and compost tea or raw salts and plain water. nothing is pulling from or drawing from the Reservoir and it is not connected to the pots.

Blazinheavy

Blazinheavy

So the res was adjusted down to 6.9 at feeding after adding “ph perfect” nutes. still way too high but ppm wouldn’t allow for further adjustment . (1150). Ideally it’d be around 6.3-6.5 at feeding but the only thing that will get it there is ph down. Upon checking the mixed solution later When an hour had passed it was holding 7.4 and likely continuing to rise.… hopefully this is not also the ph of the root zones.…if adjusted with ph down and watered at 6.3-6.5 will this shock them with too much of a ph difference or will this release too many pent up immobile nutes that have been sitting in the pots?

Latest posts

Top Bottom