pH question when growing in Soil…

• Thread starter av8ersteve
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

av8ersteve

I have a dual prong water/pH meter and right now the moisture is spot on 5 and the pH reads 7.5 after leaving the probes in the soil for 10 min. Now, do I want to lower this soil reading number down to a pH of say 6.4 and if so, what’s the proper way of doing it? Do I add water pH to say 5.8-6.0 to lower the soil pH number or do I add a soil additive like elemental sulfur, aluminum sulfate or sulfuric acid. Which of the 3 is best for cannabis growing in SOIL? Thanks again! I love learning new things that will, over the course of learning, will produce a healthier plant.

BudBogart

BudBogart

I have a dual prong water/pH meter and right now the moisture is spot on 5 and the pH reads 7.5 after leaving the probes in the soil for 10 min. Now, do I want to lower this soil reading number down to a pH of say 6.4 and if so, what’s the proper way of doing it? Do I add water pH to say 5.8-6.0 to lower the soil pH number or do I add a soil additive like elemental sulfur, aluminum sulfate or sulfuric acid. Which of the 3 is best for cannabis growing in SOIL? Thanks again! I love learning new things that will, over the course of learning, will produce a healthier plant.
Elemental sulfur will take too long to break down, like six months. Fast acting sulfur is available and what I am using to bring the ph down. A top dressing of peat moss is another option.

Latest posts

Top Bottom