PH soil issue / deficiency help

• Thread starter Newbie84
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newbie84

Newbie84

Good morning everyone. Need input on what this is trying to confirm for sure, I copied and pasted below from another forum. I am in the assumption it is a deficiency from low PH in my soil according to runoff. Also there are no pest I have checked every inch and my other plants are fine in same tent.

I have been battling this low PH in my soil being a beginner and assuming Oceans Farm would buffer correctly ( last time I assume lol) I fell victim to my first issue.
I made a post a week or two ago and was recommended to use Dolomite Lime. I put some in water and poured in and then top dressed / watered.
It has brought my PH up slightly but not high enough or fast enough. I also flushed before doing this and it didn’t seem to help much.
My girls are doing amazing for the most part but at least half of my leaves are yellowing and rust spots.
I also used Recharge a week ago and today as well.

My question is, is there anything I can do to have quicker results? My guess was a Cal Mag issue because my PH in soil from runoff was in low to mid 5s even though I put 6.5 in.
So to recap the main issue plant is oceans farm soil, feeding jacks 321 to 20% runoff. 3 gallon pots watering / feeding every 2 days 1 gallon. PH in always 6.5 and runoff ph is low 5s. Put probably 2 tablespoons of dolomite lime prilled top dressed / raked in and watered.
I am guessing I just have to wait it out but my leaves look so bad
:frowning:
I hate seeing my girls suffer
Temps are 75-80 and humidity 45% running 20/4 with DLI around 40-45 and lots of airflow etc.
PPMs were around 800-1000 out but since adding the dolomite lime it’s hard to get accurate reading since it is skewing my #s higher.
Any other info needed just ask, hopefully someone can put my mind at ease or help me lol. Posted few pics so you can see different parts of the issue on different leaves

Ph soil issue  deficiency help
Ph soil issue  deficiency help
Ph soil issue  deficiency help 2
Ph soil issue  deficiency help 3
Ph soil issue  deficiency help 4
Ph soil issue  deficiency help 5

Kodesh

Kodesh

ey seen a lot worse, I think she'll be fine :)

You're adding cal/mag when you feed ya? If so, I'd actually try not feeding at all and do water/recharge alternating days until she looks better. If she's not photosynthesizing fully she can't really use all those nutes and it could be building up and causing lockout and your PH probs. Also some folks say liquid phosphates inhibit mycos from colonizing, so no food could help the recharge do it's job as well.

I'd go ahead and pluck the unhealthy leaves so the plant's not spending more energy keeping them alive than they can produce, let some of that lower growth that still looks real healthy get some light. Also may want to consider lowering the temps by ~5 degrees or so, even though you're running CO2, the plant's not going to be able to utilize it fully right now.

Hope she perks up!

tobh

tobh

Supporter
not a soil grower but the spotting pattern makes me suspect some kind of pest. leaf sucker of some type. scope those leafs, check the soil surface real close.

Newbie84

Newbie84

Thanks for the replies and I will try the water / recharge alternating days. Can I give my plants a full thing of Recharge? I swear I remember reading to give a smaller portion after it's wet so usually I water my girls 1 gallon so what I do is pour 1/3 out since I have 3 plants. I give them 2/3 a gallon of water and then 1/3 gallon of recharge. Should I give them each a full gallon of Recharge alternating with watering?

Newbie84

Newbie84

Also I did turn my light down some since it's already maxed out height. And there are no pest I have looked it over many times and had other people look.

Latest posts

Top Bottom