PH up alternatives?

• Thread starter JH420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JH420

JH420

Does anyone know of a product aside from your usual "PH UP" from the hydro shop to raise ph? Hopefully something I can find in a corner store or something since most stores or closed at this hour, and I needs to adjust asap.

420Gator

420Gator

good luck bro i was just thinking of an alternative because i hate giving up 100ppm just to balance my ph, that shits heavy

J

Jalisco Kid

I use potassium hydroxide and if it works with my rez I add potassium silicate also. You could check out and aquarium store or if the big boxes are open you might try this.
http://www.invalid.com/do-yourself/292415-diy-ph-up-easy.html
I just googled it while looking for a pH buffer.I have no clue if it is worth your time.
JK

Lowman

Lowman

I only use one. Pro-tekt from Dyna-grow. Silica is a must for your plants....and it's a natural ph up. A little goes a long way.

N

nog

the problem with pH up products is that they are full of salts that come out when in contact with acids, so i would avoid them on soil, or any other medium where salts tend to build up.
a cheap option would be to get some sodium hydroxide from the hardware store, they sell it as crystals in tubs for unblocking drains, or sometimes as a concentrated (about 35-40%) solution. you will need to dilute this to about 5% so its easier to use and less likely to add too much to your res. a teaspoon of crystals in 100 ml of water would be about right, then add this a few mills at a time till your pH is ok. one tub will last years.

JH420

JH420

Thanks for the comments...actually last night I found a bottle of AN ph up I bought months ago forgot all about it (stoner moment :sad0047:).

M

Mmmmasonite

You can use Silica blast for up and Mad Farmer N.U.T.S.(fulvic acid) for down.......a good natural way to control your PH...........Werd

Top Bottom